Party (2)

How We Play Dead

When we arrived, the house was already full with people—I think it was about to flood. There were several kids who had beers in her hands with a red plastic cup.  I caught some kids were hooking up when we about to parked. It was just like the other parties and filled with things that I didn’t like.

But, yeah.

Here I am.

We hopped out from Hara’s car. I looked at Hara; she was stunning. She was always stunning. She just, sometimes, was overshadowed by Mari because she was always the pretty girl in our group. But Hara was amazing. She got her body on point and her face was prettier than me.

But her personality was tough.

She was wearing an oversized dress that stopped just above her knees. She also had her choker on which surprised me because she said she never liked the idea of chokers, but she just had one in her neck. She wore makeup, surprisingly.

“What’s up with you?” I finally asked, following her step to the house.

“What’s with me?”

“You wear choker, and make-up.” I grinned.

“Alright, Jisoo. I feel a little women-ish these days. It’s just a phase.” She looked at me in a look.

She opened the door and I could see the crowd vividly. Some were making out in the corner, and some were just so wasted to make out. The rest was just too wasted to do smart things and a less dumb idea. The party was just like I had imagined.

However, Hara looked pleased as she swept her gaze into the room. She was half smiling, and she actually straightened her dress before she took me by the hands, led me to the living room, and gave me a red cup of beer. I didn’t even know what beer felt like.

“Drink this.” She said, keeping her gaze somewhere.

“What? No.”

“Make me cooler.” She said.

“Who—“ I followed Hara’s fixated gaze and found Suho, laughing with his other drunkass friends. I had never thought she would fall for a guy like Suho. Like, literally, she told me that she didn’t like popular guys but she kind of does now.

Then, Suho glanced back at Hara and smiled before he gestured her to come.

I looked at Hara in disbelief, “No. Hara, stay—“

“I’m going to go real quick.”

“Wha—Ra, you said…” I faltered my words when Hara walked to Suho.

I sighed deeply, staring at the people over the room and back to the red cup filled with beer. I was alone, with a cup of beer.  I’d never thought I would be alone real quick. I had estimated this to happen but I never knew it would be this quick. Like, a flash quick. And now I just wanted to go home and watched TV shows, or Korean dramas—I don’t care.

Breathed the beer in my cup, I went a teeny bitty confused as I walked around the house, trying to find an empty spot to sit or even to stand.

I felt a pair of hand in my shoulder, they were gripping tight as if they were trying to keep me off from moving—or they really are. I couldn’t comprehended it fast but I saw a white t-shirt a little too close and I was panicking for 30 minutes internally before I looked at its culprit and saw the face.

He was smiling foolishly.

“Oh , Sehun!” I was trying my best to not have a panic attack.

“Jisoo, you’ve been drinking?” He asked.

“No. I’d never.”

“You look a little drunk for a girl who doesn’t drink, Jisoo.” He laughed, turned me over and pushed me gently with him as if he wanted to lead me somewhere.

“That’s the point! I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m fully sober.” I swung my cup carelessly.

“Watch out.” He caught my cup, preventing the liquid to go out of the place.

“Whoops,” I laughed. “Sorry. Won’t happen again.”

“I doubt that.” He smirked ever so handsomely or charmingly, maybe both but I don’t care. He just looked so good effortlessly.

Sehun was holding two red cups, filled with liquid. One was full and one was a quarter. He wore a plaid blue shirt that made his chest looked like the finest in the whole house and of course, the only jeans that he had for these couple of years. His hair was disheveled perfectly considered he didn’t brush his hair.

I knew a lot of things about him, a lot. What can I say? I live with him longer than I had been on school. We met, practically—what my mom and dad had said, on the first month when we were born. Our mom has been BFF since elementary, and still going strong.

We were inseparable. We used to but we likely separate on our own ways since 7th grade which 5 years ago.

We stood quiet for a few minutes. May I add, awkwardly.

“It’s no place for Ahn Jisoo,” He looked around, breaking an awkward laugh. “I’m surprised.”

“Not for you either,” I added silently and raised my voice a little higher before my next speech. “I should probably go.”

“Where’s your friends?” He looked around.

“Friend. Hara.” I corrected.

“Ah, I saw her briefly in the backyard.”

“Alright, bye.” I waved Sehun and gave him my best fake awkward laugh that I got. It wasn’t that bad, but it was still bad.

He muttered a bye and I walked past him, going to the backyard as he mentioned. I should’ve not surprised when I caught Hara making out hardcore with some guy in a bench near the pool. She was holding an empty red cup as she traced her hands around the guy. Both of their bottoms were gone and I had no intention to find Hara’s skirt because I could feel my head pounded from the noisiness.

I ran to Hara, pushing the guy away from her—damn hardly—so I could go home faster. Time doesn’t exist on Hara’s ual things; she just called it end when she didn’t want to anymore, which took a long time and I could die of waiting.

Hara frowned at me, disappointed because I had just pulled away her toy. Her lipstick smeared all over her face and her mascara melted down to her cheeks (Hara’s 1st side effect on drinking alcohol: crying). She looked like a mess and I would’ve left her here but she was my best friend.

“Hara, we need to go.”

“No, my power ranger! Go back to mama’s lap!” She cried.

“Oh hell no, lady, I’m your supervisor. Come here, we need to go home.” I pulled Hara from the bench and she stumbled for a few seconds before she went steady.

“Alright, I’ll do anything what supervisor wants because I’m a power ranger!” Her brain is seriously mess up.

We walked past the crowd, living room (which I may add is a complete shipwreck) and couples making out under the alcohol. It was disgusting, so did Hara’s making out. I didn’t know why I could even have Hara to be my best friend. I was a complete potato with no butts and s who spend her life watching netflix and asking her mom to pay her netflix. What a life.

I pushed Hara into the passenger seat. I opened her glitter white plush, and took out her key car before put the key in the hole and started the car.

This is the thing I hate the most when I go to parties with Hara. She totally wasted and I would ever be the emergency babysitter of her. But what would I do without my best friend?

She did so much for me and the best thing I could give is to give her content feeling when she knew I would be with her on a party. 

 


Author's note: Been busy lately. However, comments will forever be appreciated -let me know your thoughts about this one. This one is crappy, nothing basically will ever be not crappy today. Well, first of all, I don't get to watch EXO (damn it!) in my own country, I got a few bad scores which later I was given a lecture by my mom and I ate a lot of things when I crossed my heart to go on a diet, and this chapter is a mess.