S I X

Yearbook 》MEANIE

Wonwoo had always been the type to never really go out much, or make the effort to be social. So usually, him staying inside his house and not doing anything in particular was moderately normal. But something about the week after mingyu left seemed off, even for him. No matter how hard he tried Wonwoo found himself missing Mingyu's presence more and more as time passed. He'd forgotten what it had felt like to miss someone so much it hurt and unfortunately for Wonwoo every waking moment he was reminded of how sometime he was going to have to face reality. But deep down he hoped that day didn't have to come, because he knew that when it did, Mingyu was officially out of the picture until god knows when. 

Since that morning, Wonwoo hadn't received a call from Mingyu, like he'd promised. If Wonwoo was being honest, that probably pained him more than not seeing his best friend, and the man he loved. Ever since the two said goodbye, Wonwoo couldn't shake this feeling that there was something Mingyu wasn't telling him and he didn't know whether he should be concerned that it had nearly been over a week or hurt that Mingyu hadn't thought of calling him as soon as he got off the train. However, he knew he couldn't blame Mingyu for having a life and being busy, which was probably what it came down to at the end of the day.

So when Monday, a whole week after Mingyu left, rolled around Wonwoo decided that he had two options, he could lay at home and miss even more school (which didn't sound all bad), or he could get off his sulky and go into school and pray that the unlikely friendship he had conjured up between him and the infamous Wen Junhui could take his mind off things for at least an afternoon. Not that going back to school was fully his choice, since on the that very Sunday morning, Junhui had sent Wonwoo a rather veracious text message telling him that he was 'being a and if you don't get your into school, I will personally walk down there and drag you myself' so, much to Wonwoo's dislike, he dragged his sorry self out of bed that morning and slowly but surely made his way to campus, where he was sure to be greeted by a very distressed, but slightly relieved to see the sad git Wonwoo was, Junhui. And not to any surprise, he was.

"Jeon Won-ing-woo, look at the state of you. My man you look like you were dragged through a bush backwards, what the hell happened!?"  Wonwoo rolled his eyes, although slightly happy to be greeted by Junhui's usual tormenting.

"you know I have literally NEVER been so relieved to see you ugly mug before because I swear to god if I had to sit through one more of Mr Lou's classes alone, I would have personally broke both my legs so I would not have to come into school and hear his voice..."

Wonwoo stared blankly at Junhui as he rambled on and on about different ways he would have 'gotten out' of going to all of his lectures and why the education system is corrupt. He would be lying if he said that he didn't enjoy Junhui's sense of humour and he was thankful for the fact that it lifted any weight off of his shoulders. So finally Wonwoo let himself give into a cheeky giggle at Junhui's remarks and he was glad he had decided to finally get out of his apartment.

When both Wonwoo and Junhui's classes finally came to a long awaited end, the two exited the building with a huge sigh of relief.

"You were right, Mr Lou's voice is seriously boring" Wonwoo noted and Junhui broke out in laughter as he nodded his head. The pair made their way the nearest train as they made small talk and Wonwoo listened to Junhui's story about his recent run in with the lady in their school's cafeteria. Wonwoo decided that he was enjoying his time with his friend and when Junhui had offered to take him out for dinner he didn't reject and instead the two made their way to what seemed to be a rather high end restaurant but he was reassured when Junhui said he would cover the bill.

At some point in their meal, Junhui deemed it appropriate to start asking questions about the very thing Wonwoo wished to avoid.

"So tell me...why?" Junhui poked, taking a mouthful of steak.

"Why what?" Wonwoo answered, trying to avoid the question as much as possible. 

"Why have you been so...I dunno...AWOL recently? I couldn't contact you for over a week and I doubt you were off holidaying in the bahamas. So what's up?" 

Wonwoo shifted in his seat, he knew that if he told Junhui the reason for his absence he would just laugh at him and call him ridiculous but there was no way he was avoiding the question, not now.

"Look I know you saw that friend of yours that weekend, so what happened?"

"That's exactly what happened, I saw that friend" Wonwoo replied, his voice was overcome by sadness. Unfortunately for Wonwoo, Junhui caught on quickly and was questioning the boy before he could even finish his sentence.

"He's not just a friend is he?" 

Wonwoo sighed. "No, he's not just a friend"

"So you're in love with him? I mean thats kind of what I'm getting from this" 

Wonwoo hesitated but nodded anyway, there was no point denying it. 

"Yes, I'm in love with him. And luckily for him, he doesn't know that. And I'm pretty he doesn't love me back...Or at least, I didn't think he did." Wonwoo sighed again "until he kissed me the night we got drunk. But now, I don't know. I'm confused. It was mostly likely just the effect of the alcohol."

Junhui nodded in understanding but rolled his eyes at the last part. "Yeah I kinda guessed. They way you talk to him, it seemed deeper than just friends."

Wonwoo was suddenly confused, he wasn't quite sure what Junhui meant by this. 

"What do you mean the way I talk to him?" 

"I see you texting him in class all the time and you seem to give pretty clear signals. I mean come on, it's kinda hard to miss when you're practically jumping in you seat like a little school girl every time he texts you back." Wonwoo blushed at his friends comment, had he really made it that obvious?

"Yeah well, it doesn't matter. When he left he said there were things we needed to talk about and well...he hasn't contacted me since then. I think he knows he kissed me and he regrets it. Either way it doesn't matter." Wonwoo collapsed back into his chair, pushing his hands through his hair.

"Look, in my opinion, if he kissed you and says you need to talk about it, he was pretty aware of what he was doing and likes you too. He's most likely just confused and worried that you don't feel the same. You both seem pretty oblivious to each other's feelings and right now, you just need to give him time." 

Wonwoo smiled, he hated that Junhui made it seem so easy and thought about it so logically. Did Mingyu really feel the same way? Maybe Junhui was right, he was just confused about his feelings and is too scared to ask if Wonwoo felt the same. But no matter how he looked at it, it just didn't seem to make sense.

Wonwoo was just about to reply when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He reached in and fished it out, immediately looking at the caller ID. His heart practically jumped into his throats as he read the name of the person calling him. Junhui looked at him confused but he put the pieces together pretty quickly.

Mingyu the phone read.

"I'm so sorry, I'll be right back." Wonwoo quickly slid out of his seat and made his way out of the restaurant as he answered the call. The line connected and he held his breath.

"Wonwoo?" Mingyu's voice rang through his ears.

"I think we need to talk now." 
 

[chapter end]

Okay so this isnt really a new update, since its been on my wattpad for ages, but i felt like putting it up here in hopes of it motivating me to write again.So sorry if you're expexting anything big, thats just not possible right now with me almost being finished with High School. But hopefully with my finishing soon, it might open up more opportunities for me to write. 

Please Vote and Comment!!!! It's hugely appreciated!