T W O

Yearbook 》MEANIE

Wonwoo lay flat on his bed, hands on his chest, rising and falling with each of his breaths. He couldn't believe his 3 month break was over and here he was, lounging around in his 1 room apartment after his first lecture of his time at uni.

He'd been in his new apartment, in Seoul, for almost a week now and he had no intention of leaving and exploring anytime soon, expect to attened his classes. And now he didn't have an excuse to leave, since Mingyu wasn't 10 minutes away for him to just waltz over to his house to annoy him.

As the clock neared 2pm, Wonwoo felt a rumble in the pit of his stomach. He hadn't eaten anything since dinner the night before, because honestly he couldn't be bothered. He took a deep breath, sighing out for what felt like forever before sluggishly pulling himself out of bed to the fridge located in the tiny space he called his kitchen.

He opened the door to his fridge and as he expected, it was empty. He hadn't done any shopping since he'd moved in, living off ramen and take out for the past 7 days which he didn't mind, but it wasn't sustainable. He pulled out his phone from the back pocket of his jeans, briefly checking the time, taking a moment to decide whether or not he should really leave his house. It was mid February, which meant the weather was still particularly cold but he supposed it beat the heat. He hastily walked over to his closet rummaging around for a coat before pulling out his favourite mid thigh black coat, that Mingyu had brought him for his 18th birthday along with a pair of shoes he had wanted. He slipped a much needed beanie onto his bed hair, putting his phone back into his pocket before briskly leaving the warmth of his apartment.

Wonwoo made his way out of the apartment builing, onto the not so busy sidewalk of his street, although he was in the city, his apartment was esenciated down a quiet side road that still looked on to some of the busy streets. There were a few cafés down his street, one of which he had visited earlier that morning to buy coffee before his lecture. He looked left and right then began walking in a random direction at a slow pace, his nose slowly turning red againat the contact with the wind. He shoved his hands into his coat pockets and picked up speed and was soon faced with the street end, which opened up onto a main road. He was sure that within a few minutes of walking he would find somewhere to eat, he just didn't know what he was hungry for.

Before long he came to a turning and noticed another side street, it had a few cafés and apartment buldings down it, just like his, but it had a nice feel to it. He decided to venture down the road in hopes of finding a quiet, secluded restaurant.

Much to his delight, towards the end of the street he found a small traditional Korean kitchen. He made his way up to the door and peeked his head inside and slowly entered, bowing at the lady in the far corner and then he proceeded to remove his shoes. The lady seated him at a table situated near the heater and he ordered his food immediately. The smell of the place instantly reminded him of the food his mother would cook back home and likewise, Mingyu's mother. At that thought his mind was drawn to Mingyu. This happened often, whenever he thought of home honestly. It .

The two hadn't seen eachother for close to 3 weeks, since Wonwoo was busy packing and getting ready to move. They had messaged eachother almost everynight but it strangely pained Wonwoo not being able to see his best friend and ultimately his secret crush. He still regretted not telling Mingyu his feelings and he felt like a coward for writing that note, that he was 100% sure Mingyu still hadn't noticed in his year book. He just didn't have the courage to say it directly. He was strange like that. But he would rather Mingyu didn't know than hate him for being gay or worse yet, that he kept his secret, wierd obsession from him. But on top of that he just hated that Mingyu didn't appear to be into guys.

When Wonwoo finished his meal, the clock was nearing 3:30. He payed for the food thanking the generous owner, leaving a small tip, vowing that he'd definitely be visiting that place again. He slipped his shoes back on and made his way back to his apartment. The cold was slowly subsiding, which Wonwoo was glad for, since he would like to at least have feeling in his hands and feet. Relief washed over his body when he fianllu reached the door to his apartment, he just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep. God knows why he was so exhausted, but nothing sounded more appealing than sleep right now. Even if it was only 3:30 in the afternoon.

As he flopped onto his bed he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, indicating he had a message. He groaned as he lifted his body, retrieving the phone from his pants. He slightly opened his eyes to read the text message, and when he read who it was from he couldnt help but shoot right up and his heart beat increased.

Mingyu: Hey, how was your day? :)

Wonwoo replied instantly.

Wonwoo: Tiring as hell! How about you?

Mingyu: Same bro, uni life is exhausting. how's the city treating you?

Unlike Wonwoo, Mingyu was attending a university in Busan which was roughly 4-5 hours from where Wonwoo was. The thought was just depressing.

Wonwoo: You know, it's different. I mean, i wish you were here tbh.

There was a short break before Mingyu replied.

Mingyu: I'm sure you'll be just fine. I wish i was there too though. :\

Wonwoo felt a pang in his chest. His cheeks turned the slightest shade of pink and he felt his heart pick up pace.

He held his phone in his hands for a while contemplating what to reply. He wanted to let go of everything and beg for Mingyu to hold him in his arms, he wanted to see him and let him know everything the easy way. But something told him not too, like it would make thing more complicated for him. He waited a moment before writing his reply.

Wonwoo: yeah...

That was all he could manage, before locking his phone, throwing himself back on his bed, closing his eyes and exhaling in frustration.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

Yay chapter 2! I hope you enjoyed it, sorry if i ramble a bit or my description isnt very good! I tried. And i can't tell if 1100 words is a lot or not XD