T H R E E

Yearbook 》MEANIE

One month. It had been a whole month since Mingyu had messaged Wonwoo and their was a hint of concern everytime Wonwoo checked his phone. It was unusual for Mingyu to refrain from messaging him everyday and it was only natural for Wonwoo to be worried, especially since all the messages he had sent had gone unread.

On one particular Monday morning, Wonwoo was awoken by the sound of the notification tone on his phone. At first his body was resistant to any form of movement he willed on himself, due to the fact that it couldn't have been any later than 5:30 am. It took him a while but as he finally gained control of his stiffened form, he reached his bare arm over to his phone that rested slightly off the edge of the bedside table due to the sheer fact that he was to exhausted the night before to even place it down properly. His half lidded eyes were greeted by an unpleasant light when he flicked his phone on, to which he scrunched his face up cursing his phone for being so damn rude. Once he had finally adjusted to the brightness, he slid his finger across the surface to read the message that had interrupted his meer 3 hours of sleep. He silently cursed whoever had the guts to wake him so early in the morning, since almost everyone knew he was not one to messed with in the mornings. As he opened his messaging app he froze mid action. He didn't know why exactly but when he read the name of the person who had messaged him his expression faltered and a wave of relief flooded over his tensed body.

Mingyu: hey, long time no talk. Sorry about that btw, I've had some on my plate. But hey, I'm in Seoul this weekend coming and there is no way we are not seeing eachother. see you soon wonpoo ;)

Wonwoo's face formed a small smile as he read the message his best friend sent him. Of course, naturally, he was still angry that Mingyu had ignored him for so long, but after reading his message something told him that Mingyu hadn't meant to shut him out on purpose. However, he noted to punch Mingyu next time he saw him for calling him Wonpoo. He then tapped the text bubble to type his reply.

Wonwoo: I suppose i can forgive you but you're gunna have to buy me a tonne of food to make up for it. But sure you can just invade my house without my permission... ;)

He pressed send with a wide smile plastered on his face, even though it was still only 5:35. But by this point he was too awake to fall back to sleep, for which he blamed Mingyu. So instead he decided to drag himself out of bed and grab a rather early breakfast. He slipped on his favorite pair of sweatpants, or at least the pair that were the most acceptable looking to wear in public. And along with it he wore his beanie that he viewed more as a necessity rather than something to keep him warm. After much procrastination he finally managed to leave the refrain of his apartment and set off the the café just down the road that he had become all too familiar with over the last month. 

The crispness of the fresh spring air spread across his face as he stepped out of the bulding and walked down the abandoned street. The only things on his mind; coffee and Mingyu. A slight pinkness crawled up his features at the simple thought of Mingyu, to which he tried to convince himself that it was just due to the early morning air. However, a sadness formed in his mind at recalling his pathetic romantic intentions towards Mingyu, he simply scolded himself for bringing it up and continued to walk to his destination.

When Wonwoo finally made it back to his apartment, it was nearing 6 am which meant he only had another two hours to kill before he had to make that much dreaded trip to his university where he would spend the next 6 hours "learning" which was definitely not something he planned on doing that day. For one, by the time his lecture started, he knew for a fact that he would practically pass out from tiredness, and no amount of coffee could change that. And two, just the thought of seeing Mingyu in less than 6 days was enough to distract him for a lifetime. Yet he decided he would still attend, as to not upset his attendance record, which by the way had been perfect since he entered high school, but he tried not to brag. So when 7:40 rolled around he made his way to the subway station.

Wonwoo had always had a hatred for the subway, he hated the idea of being cramed up and sandwiched between a bunch of stangers let alone having to hold onto the railings that God knows who touched, it was disturbing. But unless he wanted to walk for over 30 minutes everyday, then he would continue to use the subway even if it meant risking his whole being and potentially being touched by creepy men and women alike.

When he finally arrived at his department he wasted no time and ordered another cup of coffee, cause hell, he would need it, just the thought of his lecture hall made him wasnt to sink into the floor. The only good thing about his class was that he had actually made friends, well only one but still, at least he wasnt alone. He had recently befriend a guy named Jun, a student who had just transfered from China, where he had studied Korean and had wanted to further his skills by studying in Korea. The two had instantly clicked due to their love of comics. However, Wonwoo had been to shy to actually hang out with Jun outside of class since this was his first time making friends without Mingyu so he had was hoping Jun would ask him to hang out first, because honestly he was becoming bored of hanging in his apartment everyday. But for now he had to focus on staying awake in class because if he fell behind his social life would be even more dead than it was now.

Just as his class was about to start he felt a vibration in his pocket. He reached in and fished out his phone and saw a message from Mingyu. He gave a subtle smile and unlocked his phone.

Mingyu: yes sir, anything for my Wonpoo XD see you Saturday then? 

Wonwoo: i swear to god i am going to kill you if you call me wonpoo one more time... whatever see you then -_- 

Wonwoo tried to hide his excitement through the text, but in reality he was losing all cool because he was finally going to be seing his best friend after 2 months. Even though he felt slightly nervous, because he knew that just by seeing Mingyu would completely mess with his feelings, he couldn't wait to feel the butterflies that he missed so much. 

Just then, Wonwoo felt a hand rest gently on his shoulder which practically made him jump out of his skin. He spun around to be greeted by a boy with soft brown coloured hair that matched his eyes. He wore a friendly smile which complemented his gentle features, in a whole, he was rather handsome in Wonwoo's opinion.

"Hey." Jun greeted, laughing at Wonwoo's expression.

"Yeah, morning to you too." Wonwoo replied a slight sass in his voice.

"Are you going in or what?" Was all Jun said in return. Wonwoo nodded involuntarily, placing his phone back into his pocked and following Jun inside. 

He made his way to his seat and instantly regretted going to class that morning because his mind had taken to thinking about the weekend. 'How the hell am i going to make it through this week' Wonwoo thought to himself as he rested his head on his hand. This was going to be a long week for both Wonwoo and Mingyu alike.

I finally updated! Oh my gosh it felt like forever! I have just been busy with school! Good new though, next week i go on holidays so i can update a bit more. 

I apologize for any mistakes, i have not thoroughly checked my work because i just wanted to update and also this is just a filler chapter because i couldn't think of any other way to get thing in my story started.... anyway enjoy xx