F I V E

Yearbook 》MEANIE

Wonwoo awoke with a striking pain in the temples of his head. It was nothing unusual since he drank rather often, but this time he wished for nothing more than for the aches and pains surging through his body to disappear. He would have vowed to never drink again if it wasn't for the fact that he had said the exact same thing last time and well...look at him now. He carefully flung his arm behind his head, propping it up slightly, trying to shake the impounding headache. Blinking a few times, he looked to his left to see a lean body devouring half of his bed, limbs hanging of the mattress at weird angles. Mentally, he rolled his eyes at Mingyu for being such a bed hog but at the thought of Mingyu, the memories from merely 8 hours ago flashed through his mind. Mingyu had totally kissed him and for a brief moment, Wonwoo had harboured the idea that maybe, just maybe, Mingyu liked him. But that would be stupid of him to assume. He felt his head erupt in pain so he hurriedly pushed the thought aside as if it were going to miraculously eliminate any sign of his headache. Not to his surprise, it didn't.

He lay there for a few minutes, just basking in the sweetness of Mingyu's presence, knowing that Mingyu had to leave today and that it wasn't long before Wonwoo would have to wake him. Wonwoo let himself take note of the sweet aroma Mingyu seemed to be emitting. even though he had been surrounded by alcohol all night, something about him smelt pleasant, something Wonwoo didn't want to say goodbye to. Surprisingly, seeing Mingyu sleeping was one of the most beautiful things in the world to Wonwoo. Ever since a few years back, Wonwoo could remember each and every time Mingyu had stayed over, how he would watch Mingyu sleeping intently for a few minutes each morning, his chest rising and falling with each breath and his hair slightly cascading over his eyes. He would stare just long enough before the hyperactive boy was awake and doing his usual freak business, but somehow remembering Mingyu sleeping would make him smile all day long. Wonwoo guessed he was just that kind of person, pleased by the simplest of things.  

After a few minutes Wonwoo noticed Mingyu starting to stir in his sleep, he'd be awake any second so Wonwoo quickly slammed his head back down into his pillow and pretended he had been asleep the whole time. He tried to regulate his breathing as he felt Mingyu slowly sit up next to him.

"I know you're awake Wonwoo, I could feel you staring at me ." Mingyu eventually spat out as he came to. Wonwoo inwardly cursed himself, but sat up anyway.

"Fine, I was awake." there was a pause, "you hungry?" Wonwoo chimed in again.

"Headache? Yes. Thirsty? Yes. Hungry?...Always."  Wonwoo smiled, a huff of laughter escaping his lips.

"Why did I even ask. I'll get you some aspirin and I'll see what's in my fridge."

Wonwoo climbed over Mingyu and walked the few meters to his small kitchen. He reached up to the small cabinet with his medicine and grabbed the aspirin, handing some to Mingyu and taking some for his own godforsaken headache. He poured them both some water and they took the medication. The water was like heaven as it descended down Wonwoo's throat, he'd never been so thankful for the liquid than at this moment.

When he finished, he walked over to his small fridge and searched endlessly for something to eat. When that search proved fruitless, he checked his cupboards. Wonwoo's eye lit up when he saw a couple packs of ramen sitting on the shelf, staring devilishly back at him. He grabbed them and turned to Mingyu with the packets of ramen in hand.

"How's ramen?" he asked, not really caring for an answer. Mingyu nodded his head vigorously. He was just happy to eat something.

By the time they had finished up with breakfast and had both showered, the clock neared 12. Wonwoo had been enjoying the natural presence of his best friend that he had completely forgotten that Mingyu had to leave at 1 for his train back home. His once happy mood dropped instantly and once again he found himself thinking about the damn kiss from the night before. He remembered the hotness of Mingyu's lips against his and the almost sour taste of the alcohol for merely an hour earlier. The way his skin tingled and flushed at the contact and closeness. he wished he could go back, wished they hadn't been drunk. But above all else, he wished he knew if Mingyu meant it. Of course, there was no way Wonwoo could ask him, heck from the looks of things Mingyu wouldn't be able to remember it even if Wonwoo had photo evidence. Wonwoo willed himself to let it go, even though he wished he could just kiss Mingyu at that very moment because before he knew it Mingyu would be gone again and he wasn't sure when he'd get another chance.

Wonwoo looked up from the spot on the floor he had been staring at. he was met by Mingyu's stare, it was hard and almost questioning. Wonwoo forced himself to plaster a smile on his face but something told him his best friend wasn't buying it one bit. Mingyu slowly moved towards Wonwoo and he could have sworn he felt his whole body tense. Mingyu stood a few steps in front of him, staring down. Wonwoo watched as Mingyu brought up a hand and slowly cupped it to Wonwoo's cheek, Wonwoo naturally leaning into the touch ever so slightly. They both stood there for a second, anticipating each other's next moves. Mingyu's hand burnt hot into Wonwoo's skin and he felt as if he's melt right there. Slowly, Mingyu moved again, dropping his hand and wrapping his arms around Wonwoo's thin torso. Although stunned, Wonwoo hugged him back, holding on to every last piece of the person he loved. 

Why did this hurt so bad? Why did it feel he was trying to tell him something? And why did that something not feel good?

Wonwoo, squeezed his eyes shut and eventually Mingyu pulled away, a hint of sadness in his eye. Wonwoo knew now that it was time for Mingyu to leave, and no matter how much he told himself, he wasn't ready to face this goodbye. Wonwoo silently watched Mingyu grab his belongings from the bed and Wonwoo walked hesitantly to the door. 

Mingyu turned to him, a pained look stained on his face but he changed it to one of tenderness. But Wonwoo wasn't convinced.

"I'm gunna miss you Wonwoo, you know that right?" Mingyu spoke first. 

"Me too Gyu" he paused "Me too."

"Look, there are some things we need to talk about, but if I don't go I'll miss my train. I'll call you okay?" 

"Yeah. course." Wonwoo forced out, suppressing his tears. He knew this was going to hurt, but he wasn't prepared for this.

"I had the best weekend, I'll call you soon yeah?"

"Yeah me too. Have a safe journey." 

"Goodbye." Mingyu said, giving Wonwoo one last hug.

"Bye." Wonwoo let the words cascade off his tongue. 

He watched Mingyu walk out the door, and as much as it pained him to do so, he closed the door behind him. That's when they came. The tears. Streaming down his face, blinding his vision. And this was how it felt to be heartbroken he supposed. God he ing hated it. He leant against his door and sank tiresomely to the floor.

For some reason, that goodbye  felt different. And for some reason, Wonwoo felt like that was going to be the last time he saw his best friends face for a long time.

 


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OMG wow I can't believe I finally updated this! I literally have no spare time and somehow I found my self writing this tonight. YES it is a rushed chapter because I did write it tonight, but I looked at it and suddenly knew what to write.

please excuse any mistakes, this is my first time using Wattpad on my laptop, and I didn't have time to edit because I have homework, but yeah WOW enjoy hopefully!!!!

~Jess