F O U R

Yearbook 》MEANIE

Do you ever just feel like you're going to burst? Because that was exactly how Wonwoo felt as he waited for Mingyu to arrive on Saturday morning. Despite the fact that it was only 10 am and Mingyu wasn't set to arrive in Seoul until 12. But that didn't stop Wonwoo from waking up at 8 am to make sure he was ready.

He thought to himself that maybe, just maybe, he was going a little over the top. Besides it was his best friend, the one person he was suppose to act natural around and not give a rats about what he looked like in front him. But at this current point in time Wonwoo felt the complete opposite. He didn't know how many times he had looked in the mirror or fixed his clothes that morning and he sure as hell didn't know what had snapped inside of him to make him so aware of his feeling all of a sudden. The only thing he was currently aware of was that as it neared closer to 12, he wasn't getting any less nervous.

Back in high school the pair would often spend every minute of their spare time together. Whether it was studying together, playing video games or just laying in bed doing nothing, they never seemed to get bored of each others presence, even if they didn't speak. Mingyu would sometimes let Wonwoo drag him around to wherever he pleased, which often resulted in the younger falling alseep next to Wonwoo while he sat cross legged, book in hand in the corner of their local library. But as usual, Mingyu didn't mind this because at the end of the day, neither of them were unhappy. Wonwoo tried to keep those times in mind as he flopped backwards onto his bed for the forth time that morning.

'Just act natural, go get lunch together, or take him around Seoul... jesus ing christ Wonwoo get your together' Wonwoo muttered to himself.

He sat up hastily, combing his hands through his hair and he exhaled sharply. There was a notification from his phone and he wasted no time in grabbing the device.

Mingyu: my train just arrived :)

That was Wonwoo's cue. He abruptly stood up from the bed and snatched his coat from the rack, stuffing his keys in his pocket and typed:

I'm on my way.

-

It was only a 5 minute walk from Wonwoo's tiny apartment to the train station and he was thankful of this, because that morning was particularly cold and he didnt feel like staying outside any longer than he had to. He picked up pace as he walked, as to not get in the way of people passing him on the street.

He arrived at the station not long after and his eyes immediately began to search for a sign of Mingyu but that proved to be harder than he expected. He traced along the large entrance of the station, glancing in the small cafés since he thought, maybe Mingyu had chose to wait for him there, but his search was a failure. Since he had already spent 10 mintues looking for his friend he decided he would call him. He grabbed his phone and clicked on the contact that read; Mingew 😷

He dialled the number and the rings were short lived when he finally heard the other end of the line pick up.

"Dude where are you?" Wonwoo complained.

"As if you cant see me, I'm like right in front of you." Mingyu trailed of with a laugh

"Bull I'm looking there but i dont see your ugly ..." Wonwoo was cut short when a pair of hand landed on his shoulders causing him to nearly drop his phone and scream like a girl. He flipped around and was totally caught off guard by the bright white smile thay belonged to his best friend. God he was freaking hot wonwoo though himself but pushed the thought aside when he remembered how he nearly dropped his phone and practically died.

"Your an , you weren't even infront of me!" He half yelled, hitting Mingyu's arm.

"Oh wow, nice to see you too my love" Mingyu replied sarcastically.

Wonwoo's expression tensed but softened when Mingyu wrapped his arms around Wonwoo in a 'god its been so ing long' way, to which Wonwoo returned, smiling against his best friends shoulder.

Wonwoo abruptly cut off the hug and started walking towards the exit with smug look on his face, leaving a dumbfounded Mingyu in the centre of the station looking kind of confused. It took him a few seconds to realise that Wonwoo was leaving and if he didn't hurry his up Wonwoo would probably leave without him. He grabbed his bag and hurried after the slender figure. When he had caught up to Wonwoo, he casually slung his arm over the others shoulder, Wonwoo smiled subconsciously and the two headed back to his apartment.

***

"Wow what a mansion you have here." Mingyu teased, only earning a glare from the other.

"If you keep it up, you're sleeping on the floor." Wonwoo smirked, to which Mingyu laughed.

Wonwoo took off his coat and threw it on the bed, Mingyu followed suit, placing his bag down on the mattress and flopped onto it letting out a heavy sigh.

"Man~ i could get use to this!" Mingyu let out as he shut his eyes.

"Trust me the big city ain't all its cracked up to be, too many people, its annoying"

"Of course you'd say that, you're seriously the most antisocial person i know, why am i even friends with you?" Mingyu joked but let out a cry when Wonwoo punched him pretty hard in the shoulder.

"So got any plans for us?" Mingyu said after a few minutes.

"Well i suppose we could just go around the city for a bit and maybe grab some lunch, i didnt really have anything big planned." Wonwoo replied blandly

"I'm truley impressed, nearly three months since you saw me and you didn't plan anything, thats a new record!" Wonwoo just rolled his eyes and grabbed his coat off the bed, slipping his arms in the sleeves.

"Fine, we're leaving now, so i suggest you get your in gear if you dont wanma be left behind." Wonwoo retorted, as he watched Mingyu spring up from the bed.

Once the two left the apartment, Wonwoo led the way to the subway station, since they had decided they would spend the day in Hongdae, because Mingyu wanted to visit a cat café. Originally he wanted to go to the dog café but Wonwoo refused because of his fear of dogs, to which Mingyu for at least half an hour afterwards.

They spent most of their time strolling around the city, occasionally stopping at stores and sometimes for Mingyu to take pictures, far too many of which were of Wonwoo and Mingyu had to fight for Wonwoo to let him keep them. Wonwoo was never fond of having his photo taken, and Mingyu was only lucky enough to have a few of the boy. Mingyu generally understood his dislike for photos so this made Wonwoo curious as to why Mingyu was taking so many that day but he let it slide even though he wanted to kill Mingyu, because there were to many people around for Wonwoo to murder him at this current point of time.

As late afternoon rolled around Wonwoo began to feel exhausted from all the walking, but for some unknown reason Mingyu was still bouncing from wall to wall, the sight was slightly terrifying, Wonwoo never understood how the boy could have so much energy. They eventually decided to head back to Wonwoo's house, after much protest from Mingyu, but in the end Wonwoo always won.

It was starting to get dark by the time they arrived back at Wonwoo's apartment, and Wonwoo had managed to regain some of his energy. They made it through the door, Wonwoo instantly walking over to his bed and planting himself face first on the mattress. He heard Mingyu lay down his bags of things he'd brought and layed down on the bed next to him.

"You know, we should go out tonight!" Mingyu announced, rather excited.

"What'd you mean?" Wonwoo mumbled into his bed sheet.

"Like drinking!" Mingyu said sounding more excited. Wonwoo slowly lifted his head from the blanket to glare at Mingyu. Yay another one of Mingyu's stupid ideas he thought to himself.

"You have got to be kidding me, there is no way we are going out drinking, how does that sound fun to you." Mingyu pulled a face at Wonwoo and Wonwoo gave one back.

"Always ruining the fun, Wonpoo." Mingyu screamed rather loudly when he felt Wonwoo's hand grip his ankle.

Oh . He thought I'm going to die.

***

Somehow, between begging screams and apologies, Wonwoo had found himself crammed up between people on a stool of a bar near his apartment, thanks to Mingyu. He had no idea how this actually happened but here he was, basking in the smell of alcohol and drowing in the sound of people 'enjoying' themselves. However, he wasn't having a bad time, well, at least it wasn't terrible. He had actually relaxed in the environment, after many words of reassurance from Mingyu. However, he wasn't planning on getting drunk unlike Mingyu who was already on his 4th shot of vodka and was now on to drinking soju. Wonwoo had joined in and drank a tiny bit of the soju as to not ruin Mingyu's spirits, and so there he was actually half enjoying himself. Most of the time he spent in the bar was spent talking to Mingyu, that was until Mingyu decided to get up and dance, that was when Wonwoo had opted for coving his face and pretending that he didn't know this freak on the 'dance floor'. There was something about this rather embarrassing sight that made Wonwoo's heart burn and his stomach twist... god, I'm in love with an idiot he thought to himself, but found himself smiling at the beautifully drunk Mingyu.

It proved to be quite a struggle to get Mingyu home afterwards and with much struggle, Wonwoo finally managed to get Mingyu out of the bar in once piece.

"It's cold." Mingyu complained as he hung onto Wonwoo.

"I told you to bring your coat you dip, so get over it." Wonwoo spat back, more in a 'i told you so' tone than actually being angry.

The rest of the way home, Mingyu clung to Wonwoo's shoulder laughing at Wonwoo's face because it just 'looked so funny' according to Mingyu, but Wonwoo begged to differ.

This is the last time i ever agree to go drinking with you... Wonwoo noted to himself as he arrived at the apartment door. As he fumbled for his keys he felt Mingyu stand up tall next him, which meant he would have to look up in order to see Mingyu's eyes. He could sense the tallers eyes on the side of his head, which made him shuffle under the gaze. He momentarily stopped looking for the right key and glanced over at Mingyu who was now staring directly into his eyes. He had his bottom lip caught between his teeth and a hand placed at the nape of his neck. Wonwoo felt a shiver run down his back because DAMN did Mingyu look y like that, and oh how he wished he could do something about it.

He averted his gave and managed to find the right key for his apartment, he slotted it in the whole and pushed the door open. He was about to step inside when a had came down infront of his face, blocking his way. He looked up at mingyu who was now leaning over him, a little closer than normal, he hadn't realised that he had leant backwards onto the wall because of Mingyu's intimidating stare. He felt Mingyu lower his head, close enough that Wonwoo could feel his breath on his face. His heart was beating out of control and he felt like he was going to pass out if Mingyu got any closer.

Mingyu slowly inched his face closer to Wonwoo and it was safe to say that Wonwoo was freaking out on the inside because it sure seemed like Mingyu was about to kiss him.

After a moment of utter silence, Wonwoo opened his eyes, which he hadn't noticed he'd closed, to see Mingyu staring at his lips with husky eyes. After a second of staring back, he felt Mingyu lower his head and softly placed his lips on his. His whole body was tingling in an instant and his lips felt like they were on fire from the sheer contact with Mingyu's. It took him a moment to grasp the situation but he gradually pressed his lips back against Mingyu's once he knew he wasn't pulling away. The way Mingyu's lips felt against his was everything he had imagined, they were slightly chapped from the weather but they were warm and at the point in time he had completely forgotten about his feelings being secret. At least, until Mingyu tried to deepen the kiss. Something awoke inside of Wonwoo, reminding him that Mingyu was drunk and probably had no idea what the hell he was doing and not that he would remeber it tomorrow anyway. He slowly began to pull away, not wanting it to end but knowing that it wouldn't end well if he let it continue. He broke apart from Mingyu, even though it pained him.

"Mingyu... you're drunk and we should stop... i think you should get some sleep." Wonwoo let out softly, trying to hide the pain in his voice. There was a slight hint of disappointment in Mingyu's eyes but he didn't protest when Wonwoo pulled him into the apartment and placed him on the bed.

Wonwoo didn't bother undressing himself and climbed into bed alongside Mingyu. His mind replayed the kiss over and over until it hurt.

Let's just hope he forgets, that would be easier for both of us.

》》》》》》

SORRY FOR TYPOS, I WAS ING TIRED XD

Woah this chapter was definitely longer than the others, but i feel like it wasn't that good so I'm sorry, i just really wanted to put something up for you.

I hope you enjoyed! And woops soz Wonwoo, hate to crush you poor soul. Also incase you didn't realise, there is a fare amount of swearing so sorry.

Please comment and vote, that would really mean a lot!