The invitation

Joseon Trip

"So the reason you guys came here is not because of confirming the existent of my daughter but to invite us to a dinner?" Princess Muk Ja asked the 3 princes who by now confuse as to why she ask such question. "Yes, aunty, Father asked us to actually you and your daughter to the royal palace." Prince Myungsoo explained. Prince Myungsoo has been always leading the conversation. He always knew what to say and have a comfortable talk with someone. "hmm. Is it just a small dinner or?"

 

"Family dinner, that's what our father said" Prince Leo try to jump in the conversation. Prince Sungjae rolled his eyes and just look away, trying to escape this kind of talk. "If that so, then I will attend the family dinner. It's been awhile since I meet my brother anyway and also I have to introduce my daughter to him." Princess Muk Ja said softly.

 

It was silent for a while until Prince Myungsoo breaks it again as usual. "If it is okay with you, aunty, we should depart today after lunch." He suggested. "Yes, of course. I have to tell my daughter also about this." She replied worriedly. "I will talk her out then aunty." Prince Myungsoo said with a much-energized tone than usual. Princess Muk Ja just nodded her head and smile softly. The 3 princes then took a leave from the room.

 

"Ming Ming" Princess Muk Ja called her trustworthy maid. "Is it me or Prince Myungsoo seems to be affectionate to my daughter?" "It seems so your majesty. But what you will do if they fall for each other." Princess Muk Ja smile bitterly. "If my daughter does fall for Prince Myungsoo, she will be really heartbroken." The maid lowers her head with concern.


 

"His Royal Highness, Prince Myungsoo, is here." Aemi  was shocked to hear such announcement. "Let him in," Aemi replied. Myungsoo entered the room while smiling like a kid to see Aemi again. "Good Morning, my princess." He said with a happy tune. Lili was even shocked. She actually knew that Prince Myungsoo is not the kind of person who will open up easily and be near with someone. He has always been the strict one among the other princes. The change in the attitude of Prince Myungsoo made Lili uneasy but also happy for Aemi.

 

"Morning to you too Myungsoo," Aemi replied brightly. "Princess Aemi, I will be taking my leave now." Lili winked at Aemi which made her uncomfortable. "Yes, you ca-n go" She actually stuttered and mentally hit herself.

 

"May I know why are you here Myungsoo?" Aemi asked curiously. "But first, can I take a seat?" Aemi blushed. She actually forgot to ask him to seat. "Erm, yes, sorry," She said softly. He sat opposite of Aemi. She was fidgeting in her seat. "I am here to inform you that we will be departing today after lunch. We will be escorting you to the palace as The King has invited you and aunty to a family dinner." "Family dinner?" She asked shocked.

 

"Yes, why? You don't want to come?" Myungsoo asked worriedly. "Ah no! I mean yes, I'll come but…" Aemi is a worry with her things. If she goes to the palace, she can't bring her things then. Princess Muk Ja already warned her. "But?" Myungsoo was waiting for an answer. "Is it really compulsory?" Myungsoo suddenly laughed at her question. "Yes, it is. It is the king." He smiled. "Okay," She replied rather really softly. "It'll be fine" He patted her head again while staring at her lovingly.


 

Myungsoo's POV:

After telling her about the invitation, I immediately took my leave. This heart of mine kept on beating faster and I am really afraid that my feeling would be exposed. It was really hard for me to even talk and look at her. While walking to my chamber, I saw Aemi's personal maid walking to my direction. She bowed to me. "You're Princess Aemi's personal maid right?" I asked. "Yes, your highness." She politely replied back. "Take care of her as she is really precious to me." I declare rather loudly. "Yes, your highness." Then I left her.


 

Aemi's POV:

Lily was running back to my room. She was breathing heavily. "What is it?" I asked worriedly. "Are you and Prince Myungsoo together!!!?" She asked me unexpectedly. "WHAT!? Of course NOT. Why would you ask such thing? Do you know this is not my time right? I have a brain to think. I seriously can't believe you asked me such question." I made a sad face to her. She pouted apologetically. Eventually, I gave in. "What's make you ask me that question anyway?"

 

"Because Royal Prince Myungsoo act differently towards you and he told me earlier that you are precious to him." Now, I am shocked. "Y-Yah, I don't think that's something" I bet my face is really red now. "Omo! Your face is really red, Aemi. You're really cute when you're blushing" Lili teased me which I think make my face even redder. "Y-Yah! Stop teasing me" I hide my face with my hands.


Sorry guys for the late update. I was really busy this week.