Yumi

Joseon Trip

"Your highness, we should keep going. We need to go to the royal palace as soon as possible. King Suk Jung might worry about your safety. Your father might threaten the whole city of Koryo if something is to happen to you." Yumi's eunuch advised her worriedly. Aemi looked at her pitifully. "Being the daughter of a Chinese emperor is tiring isn't it?" Aemi patted her back. "It is. I actually almost got killed on my way here." Yumi sighed.

 

"I guess you better go? Now?" Aemi asked. "Yup, I better get going now. It is really nice to meet you again Aemi and let's figure out again how to get back. Joseon Dynasty is a really dangerous time ever. Don't get killed okay?" Yumi hugged Aemi before getting on her carrier. Aemi looked sadly at her best friend.

 

Lili was behind her and she too felt the sadness of them. "Ready?" Prince Sungjae asked the whole group. He looked at Aemi and assured her that he will do his best to protect Yumi. Aemi nodded her head and trusted his words. "Let's go!" Prince Sungjae leads the whole group of an army. It was actually his first time to do this and all of this was because of Aemi.

 

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this Lili?" Aemi looked at the disappearing figures and frowned. "It's like something is not right. Maybe I should go with them." Aemi continued while looking at Lili. "You Highness, you should not be thinking about it. Prince Sungjae will protect her and the security is also tight. No need to worry, your highness." Lili tried to comfort her. "Yeah… I hope you're right." Aemi said softly. "Be safe Yumi." She whispered.


 

"STOP!!!" Prince Sungjae ordered. He swore he heard something. The guards were on defending positions, circling Princess Yumi's carriers. Yumi nervously waited inside her carrier and gulped. She knew something is wrong. A shuffling of leaves can be heard. "Did you hear that?" Prince Sungjae asked the leader. The leader nodded his head. "Be on guard!" Prince Sungjae shouted. They wait for something to happen. An arrow flew across one of the guards and went through his throat. Then a group of men with swords attacked them. It was an ambush. The fight has started with many bloods spilled. The attackers were too many. They were outnumbered. Prince Sungjae knew this. "Save the princess!" He shouted panickily. It was too late, Princess Yumi was already kidnapped by the attacker.

 

After that, the attacker retreated. They only wanted Princess Yumi. "AISH!" Prince Sungjae tried to chase after them but his horse was shot by an arrow which caused him to fall on the ground. "Your Highness!!!" The leader helped Prince Sungjae stood up. He was badly injured with a big cut on his right arm. He was defeated. "We should go, your highness. We must tell The King about this." The leader stated. He just nodded his head and then hopped on the leader's horse.

 

It only took them half an hour to get there. They barged into the royal meeting. All eyes were on them. Prince Sungjae ran to his father and bowed to give respect. He forgot about his injured arm. "Oh my! What happened to you?" Queen Seonduk ran to her son and looked at his bleeding arm. "That can wait Mother. And your majesty, Princess Yumi has been kidnapped. We must hurry up to track them down."

 

Mumbling and whispering can be heard inside the royal meeting room. "Silent!!!" The king ordered. "Myungsoo! Get your team ready. I trusted you on this mission to get Princess Yumi back safe and sound." Prince Myungsoo obeyed his father and quickly made his way to his team. He's been always entrusted with this kind of things already and he knew that something like this will happen.

 

"And you, get treated quickly." The kind ordered Prince Sungjae. He nodded and excused himself. The king smiled, seeing how Prince Sungjae has changed for the past few days. He's been interested in royal's matters now and he knew the reason is.


 

"Your highness!!!" Lili ran hysterically towards Aemi who was studying in  the library. Princess Aemi looked up at her worriedly. Lili was catching her breath. "Princes-s Y- huh -Yumi" She was hardly breathing. "She got kidnapped!" Aemi eyes went wide as ever. "I told you I have a bad feeling!!! Let's go!!!" Aemi changed h er hanbok to her combat clothes. "Tell Jaejoong to come with me."

 

"Princess Mukja is here, your highness." The eunuch announced. "Come in." Princess Aemi said. She knew already why Princess Mukja came. "You cannot go." Princess Mukja forbids her from going. "But mother, Princess Yumi is in trouble! I need-"To stay at your chamber until the situation is safe. You cannot go outside." Princess Mukja continued her words. "But-"Lili! Make sure she stay in her chamber. Otherwise, you'll be punished." Princess Mukja left her chamber before Aemi can even say a word. She dropped to the floor and cried hopelessly while Lili watched her sadly.