The King

Joseon Trip

"Royal Princess Muk Ja is here to see you, your Majesty." The King smiled and signal his servant to welcome her. She entered the dining chamber elegantly and sat opposite to the king. "Long time no see Brother." She said while smiling. "yeah, things got real busy here with all the politics and all. But you, I heard about your daughter, I heard she is beautiful, smart and brave. You raised her very well on your own." The king complimented her before sipping on his tea.

 

"Oh come on Brother, don't praise me too much. She still has a long way to go. She doesn't know much about royal etiquettes since she was staying outside the country." She said humbly. "Hmm. That can be fixed before she becomes the queen." The king stated straightforwardly while smiling genuinely to her.  The smile that was on her face vanished quickly. "About that…." She started to become serious and her voice changed to a stricter one. 

 

"Brother, forgive me for saying this. I would be pleased that you will not be thinking of making her a queen. She likes freedom and living in this palace doesn't really suit her style. I would like my daughter to do what she likes. I don't want to force her into anything." She calmly sipped her tea waiting for his brother reaction. "I see. She is that precious to you. I promise you that I will not force her." The king gave her an assuring smile. She was relieved to hear that. Her brother had changed for the past years to become a great king. Or so she thought.

 


"I like her." Prince Sungjae blurted out in front the two of his half-brothers who looked at him with fierce eyes. "You guys are looking at me like you want to eat me. Hahahahaha I was just kidding you guys." He reasoned when he actually doesn't know why he suddenly blurted it out. The other 2 princes looked away in relief.

 

"Princess Aemi is here" The guard announced. They were in the practice arena. The 3 princes looked at her admirably. "So what are we going to learn today?!" She beamed excitedly. 

 

"Not us, but just you." Prince Myungsoo replied her. "Huh? So why are you guys here?" She asked. The 3 princes were taken aback by her question. It was true that there was no reason for them to be here. "The king told us to watch you practicing." Prince Leo answered calmly. The other 2 princes mentally thanked him for that though they were tightening their grip.

 

"Your highness!" Jaejoong came running to the arena. Her face immediately lighted up. "Jongie!" She shouted excitedly. Jaejoong blushed upon hearing his nickname. "Oh~~~ Someone is blushing!" Aemi . Jaejoong actually forgot about the 3 royal princes.

 

Prince Sungjae purposely cleared his throat loudly. Jaejoong who just noticed the 3 princes dropped to his knees apologising, but Aemi shrugged it off. "No need! We are friends after all and-"Are you disrespect us Princess Aemi!?" Prince Leo harshly stated which actually made Aemi flinched. "No, it just-"You are. You do know the punishment for disrespecting the royal prince right?" Prince Leo cuts her off again.

 

She gritted her teeth in annoyance and decided not to do the practice today. She just doesn't get Prince Leo at all. "Today practice is cancelled. I'm going" She walked past the 3 princes and purposely bumped Prince Leo's shoulder. Prince Leo just sighed.