Self-defense

Joseon Trip

"Your highness! Please wake up." Lili shouted loudly. "Just-- A minute- Mom" Aemi sleepily replied and went back to sleep. "Please young princess, Royal Princess Muk Ja has been waiting for you. Her royal highness wanted to eat breakfast with you." Lili pleaded her. Aemi immediatey woke up and sit on her bed. "I'm guessing something is up?" Aemi asked Lili before yawning. "Yes, YouR-" "I told you not to call me that, didn't I? Just called me Aemi when no one is around." Aemi put a stern face at her.

 

"Y-Yes, A-Ae- Mi" She stuttered. Aemi sighed and quickly went to shower.  After they were ready. They went to the dining hall where Princess Muk Ja was waiting along with 2 other men. "Oh there you are!" Princess Muk Ja beamed. Aemi and Lili bowed their head. The other two men were standing and they curiously look at Aemi after they bowed politely. They never heard before that Princess Muk Ja has a daughter especially when they were already working here for a long time.

 

Aemi took a seat next to her mother. "Good morning Mother" Aemi greeted. "Yes, it is still a good morning" Princess Muk Ja replied, something in her voice hinted something to Aemi and Aemi could feel it. "Captain, I introduced you, my beautiful daughter, Princess Aemi. She was studying around the world so no one has ever seen her except me. Not even my beloved big brother." She joked.

 

"Ah yes, your highness, it is no wonder I haven't seen her in my whole life. It is really an honor to meet with your beautiful daughter." The old man bowed at Aemi. "I have requested for you to teach her self-defense 3 days ago. Will it be fine with you?" Princess Muk Ja asked politely. She knew the captain is a busy man.

 

"Your Highness, I was wondering that if it is suitable for my son to teach her instead." The captain suggested. "Oh, then this young man must be your son?" Princess Muk Ja and Aemi looked at the handsome man standing next to the captain. Aemi slightly blushed.

 

"Yes, he is. Your Royal Highness." The captain bowed again. "Well then, it settled. Your son will teach my daughter self-defense. Now, May I excuse myself with the captain. We have a lot to discuss about something." Princess Muk Ja left with the captain leaving Aemi and the captain's son.

 

It was awkward for a while until Aemi decided to break the silent. "Hello there, My name is Princess Aemi." Aemi bowed her head politely. "Your highness" The man fell to his knees. Aemi's eyes widen in shock. "I promised myself to always protect you and prevent you from any danger."  Aemi signalled him to quickly stand up which he did reluctantly. "Well, I am really grateful for that. May I know your name?"

 

"My name is Kim Jae Joong. I will be your personal bodyguard from now on." He said sternly like this job is really important to him. "Ah yes, but aren't you going to teach me self-defense first?" Jaejoong expression changed to a determined one which creep Aemi a little. "Yes, your highness I will and I will not spare any mercy as commanded by Royal Princess Muk Ja" Aemi smirked. "Bring it on Jaejoong" She challenged him. Jaejoong smile, amused.

 

"AHHHH!!!" Aemi rolled on the dirty ground. She's been practicing a high kick since this morning. She had to admit, the training was really hard. "One more!" She said determinedly. "Yes princess" Jaejoong replied. She ran towards Jaejoong and jumped but again Jaejoong grab her leg and she rolled over again.

 

Jaejoong laughed. He really liked to see her enthusiasm. No lady had he seen like her before. "Princess, the sun has already setting. We better go back to the palace now. She pouted and try to stand up with the help of Lili who has been worrying about her since the beginning of the training. "Thank you Lili. I think I scraped my knee." Lili's eyes widen. "Princess! We better-" "Oh come one Lili, it's not a big deal." Aemi rolled her eyes. Lili blushed. "I'm just worry princess" Aemi softened. "Well, Thank you for worrying about me"

 

"Princess, We better go back now. It's getting dark" Jaejoong worriedly looked around. "Oh my, you sound like a worry mother" Aemi . Jaejoong smiled. Aemi always surprised him in many ways. 


Author's note:

I'm still confuse whether I should write Princess Aemi or just Aemi. ._. Btw guys I know that cousin and cousin can't marry each other (well, in Islam can) but just bear with me. and I'm still waiting for someone to ask me that certain question XD but I guess no one notice it yet hehe.