The Morning After

WHEN KINGS FALL
Please log in to read the full chapter

The handle to his door clicks open. Taekwoon emerges in a dazed state, his grey hoodie wrapped around his fuzzed and tangled hair. He looks around through narrow eyes at the bright light engulfing their dorm’s living room. He squints, rocking his head to the side, raising his heavy palm to shield his face from the brightness. Uhhh, he grunts, scratching his face whilst making his way to their bathroom.

Eyes half lidded, he saunters into the bathroom and closes the door behind him. Still dazed, he walks to the sink and dips his head into the white ceramic, turning on the cold tap to douse his face of last night’s events.

 

His memory wasn’t all that sharp to begin with and adding, 2 bottles, or was it 3, or… either way, adding alcohol to his already limited memory did not help his situation. He rinses his face with sharp jerking movements, attempting to recollect a snippet of what happened to him last night: to jog his brain back into function, to piece together his jumbled actions.

 

Raising his drenched head from the sink, he stares at himself through the mirror. Peering closer he lifts his hair from his pillow etched forehead, ruffling it back on top of his hoodie. He his dry lips and smacks his tongue from dehydration. Looking down at the sink, he shrugs and opens the tap again, scooping a pool of cold liquid into his palm. Tossing his head back, he guzzles down the liquid, letting it fall past his neck and onto his shivering body. Ah! Pffffh cold cold cold. Taekwoon hops around, rubbing his sleeves to generate some heat.

After contemplating his situation, he decides to just drench his entire body, a quick way to be warm and feel refreshed. Slipping his clothes off and tossing them on top of the closed loo, he walks to the shower space, his body shaking as he waits for the water to heat up.

 

 

Wonshik wakes with a start. Ah! His nose, pressed tight against the wall reverberates as he knocks his head forward. Aaaaiissh! Trying to gauge his whereabouts, Wonshik squeezes his eyes tight before opening them and glancing around his messy room. He looks at his laptop, still open, meaningless words typed on to his notepad. He doesn’t attempt to decipher them, his only mission now is to find something to quench his growing thirst.

 

He looks around his room, barren of anything vaguely hydrating. He eyes a pot of dried up rice cake on the side, its contents half contained in the pot and half spilling on to his floor. He waves the situation away with his hand, an attempt to deny the reality of the mess he is seeing. Whilst stamping his fist on his lower back, he raises himself to a standing position and makes an attempt for his door.

The light coming through the wide windows blinds him and he throws his arm to his face to shield himself. He drags his body through the living room and towards the kitchen. He opens the fridge, seizing a full bottle of water and empties it down his throat.

“Ah~ that’s better” he burps out, recoiling instantly from the stench of his foul breath. Ugh, his body bends forward as his insides churn, reminding him of the harm he dealt to them.

 

Rushing with all his might, he darts forward, clutching his stomach as he did so. He kicks open the door and rushes into the ro

Please log in to read the full chapter