Destiny::GD::Part 31::Ghosts

Destiny: A GD and You Story.

[YOUR POV]

Again, a couple weeks had passed, and it was tiring to be at the company now. You and GD had an unspoken mutual agreement not to work together if at all possible and to avoid each other at the company. The reality of YG’s warnings against company dating was coming to light. As far as YG knows the breakup was mutual and there were no hard feelings. Obviously to avoid punishment. Media was notified, to avoid any misunderstandings, and for the most part the tabloids believed the excuse that you two were too busy for each other. It was common knowledge that you two produce for other artists as well as yourselves on top of other schedules, so what time? Mino’s jaw bruise passed off as an injury during a game of basketball. Other than that, it was business as usual. And you finally got to meet Irene. Granted it was backstage during an award show performance but it was still nice to finally meet her. You were happy for Mino. At least someone seemed to be having their happily ever after. Thankfully, even though you were clearly far from it, you were starting to feel okay after the breakup. You were doing things to build on your career and were enjoying it again. YG was letting you have your solo now, after a successful solo for Bibi.

“So Hyorin-ah,”Jaesuk started,”Have you seen Jiwon-sshi since the last episode aired?” Apparently Sechskies Eun Jiwon said you were his ideal type.
You felt yourself blush and answered honestly,”No I haven’t. But it was flattering to hear.”
“I have his number if you want it.”Haha teased,”Don’t worry, he’s a cool guy.”

The running men and other guests laughed with you and the episode ended with no issues. After thanking everyone and giving final greetings, you climbed into your van to see Insook.

“Oh?”You asked surprised,”Why are you here? When did you get here?”
“Not too long ago,”Insook answered as she was looking at her phone,”I was at my parents restaurant down the street and stopped by.”
“Oh well, that works out. At least you can come back to the dorm with me.”You thought.
“You know don’t you?”Insook asked starring at you.
“Know what?”You asked, trying to act clueless.
“Quit playing with me.”She snickered.
You sighed and looked at her,”Yeah. I know. What about it?”

GD’s enlistment date was 2 weeks away. You found out from Mino, for some reason guys can get over fights very quickly as if nothing happened, who thought you should know. When you found out you wanted to find GD right away and try to get back together, but you couldn’t do that to yourself.

“Just making sure.”She said putting her hands up,”I didn’t want you regretting anything before he left for two years.”The van started to move and you sighed,”Are you trying to guilt trip me into seeing him? I can’t put myself through that again.”
“No,”Insook denied,”Just making sure like I said. I just…you were really happy with him. We’ve known each other a long time Hyorin. I haven’t seen you that happy until you were with him or since you’ve been with him.”
“Insook-ah,”Minhyuk interrupted as he looked at your schedule for tomorrow,”Let it go.”

Thankful for the break, you started to look at your phone for any new messages or anything. Then your phone started to go off. A couple of your friends were texting you and sent you links to multiple articles. They all said GD was seen on a possible date with former After School’s Jooyeon at Jeju Island and a video was also attached. Your chest hurt, as if a crack just ripped through part of your heart. Hesitant to watch it, it was a video of them on a recent app called Kwai, you hit the play button. She was so pretty but all you could feel was jealousy and pain. You wanted to think she was ugly, but she wasn’t. You wanted to hate her but it’s not like she did anything wrong. You broke up with GD.

Just when you thought you were feeling better, you felt heartbroken all over again.