Destiny::GD::Part 16::Loose Ends

Destiny: A GD and You Story.

[Your POV] 

You had left WINNER’s shoot without even saying goodbye properly to Mino, just the group as not to raise suspicion. During practice you were distracted a bit but decided it needed to stop. During a break you shook it off and reminded yourself that NO ONE will cost you your career. Mino was a big part but people come and go in life, and as much as you wanted to keep them, you can’t force it either. 

“I’m glad you came around.”Insook huffed after you all finished,”What happened?”
“Just a rough day. I’ll let you know when I’m ready.”You admitted. It was pointless to hide it from her.
You all finished cleaning up and headed to the van.
“Does it have to do with GD oppa?”She asked.
You shook your head,”No, it was Mino.”
“Hul!”She said,”That’s not weird at all. What happened?”
The movement of the van and the silence of late night streets helped relax you a bit.
“He confessed today. I feel like it came out of no where but at the same time I feel like I should have known.”You admitted.
“Wow. Just idols confessing to you huh?”Insook said,”No judgement by the way. Just wow.”
“You know as well as I that most of friends are Idols. We didn’t have normal high school and college experiences.”You reminded.
“True.”Insook agreed,”I’m guessing it didn’t end well.”
You laughed sarcastically,”Yeah. You can say that again. He didn’t speak to me after or at all since then, but I’m not going to dwell on it. Too much is on the line to sulk all day.”
Insook sighed and put her arm around you,”Well at least you’re being level headed. Hey, why don’t we go visit Hyuna this weekend? She knows how to have a good time.”
You leaned on her shoulder and agreed,”Yeah why not? GD isn’t going to be back until next week anyway.”

After you all cleaned up and had dinner you felt a lot better. You were all watching a drama on TV when your phone went off. It was GD, of course. The members teased you as you got up to go to your room and you just waved them off as you closed the door.

“Hey.”You greeted smiling, after GD initiated facetime.
“Hey.”He smiled back,”I’m guessing you feel better?”
You nodded,”Yeah. A lot better. How were your schedules today?”
“Pretty easy, nothing big or anything.”He said as he laid down on his bed.
“Yah, you can’t go to bed yet.”You reminded giggling,”You still have makeup, you need to wash up.”
“I can’t, I definitely can’t.”He laughed as he covered his face with one hand,”It’s still too early for you to see my bare face.”
“Oppa,”You said in disbelief,”You saw my bare face within the first few days we met!”
“Well that’s your fault.”He shrugged.
“Omo.”You rolled your eyes.
He laughed a bit but his face slowly got serious. *Oh no.*
“What is it?”You asked.
GD couldn’t look at you but replied,”I was wondering if you were okay with me seeing Kiko one last time?”
You were lost in thought. How could he ask you that?
“Look, I know we said we wouldn’t see anyone or be friends with anyone the other felt uncomfortable with.”GD continued,”And I get it, if we fight for someone else to stay in our lives they can stay and we’ll go but…this is for closure.”

You knew that rule might be odd or unfair to others but that’s how you each felt. With the career field you were in, you didn’t have time to play games. If your significant other is serious about you, they won’t be about someone else. But this was different.

“Closure?”You repeated, trying to hear him out.
He looked at you surprised, from his expression, and nodded,”Yeah. For Kiko. Maybe this way she will finally let me go and leave us alone.” You thought about it.
“I’m guessing she contacted you.”You sighed,”What made things change?”
GD thought,”…I had to threaten to report her if she kept harassing me. It has been going on for too long.”
Everything in you was screaming to say no, he wasn’t allowed to see her. They had so much history together, so much pain from the bad breakup, and you were scared if something were to happen. But you it up.
“Fine.”You agreed,”You can meet her for closure. But I am telling you right now, if you feel anything for her still that makes you forget about me or to cheat, I am not going to stand for it. I don’t care if after you realized it was wrong or whatever. I’m not going to take it.”
“Of course but you know I would never do that!”He quickly defended.
“I know.”You said, feeling a little ashamed,”…I’ve just been there before and I refuse to go through it again.”
GD’s eyes softened and look apologetic,”You never told me this.”
You nodded,”Yeah. It was the topic of one of our songs. But I just played it off like it was a generic song.”
“Well just know you don’t have to worry about that with me.”He reassured and he looked at the time,”I haven’t felt the way I feel for you before. Believe me.”
You felt bad for what you said, GD never gave you anything to doubt his loyalty, but you wouldn’t apologize for it. It was true.
“I do.”You nodded, smiling at how stupid you felt,”Thank you. You should go to bed, I know you’re tired. Just let me know when and how it goes.”
“I will, of course.”GD agreed,”Thank you. You’re the best.”
You just smiled.
“Oh! And when were you going to tell me that you talked to YG-nim or the other Big Bang members about us?? Hmm??”You remembered. 
He looked caught off gaurd,”Oh…that…uhm, it just kind of happened. I meant to tell you, I know YG hyung already talked to you. We were just so busy.”
“Mhmmm.”You teased,”Whatever you say.”
“Ah, and I have something for you too.”GD smiled mischevioiusly.
You looked at him with suspicion,”What?”
“Look in your desk drawer.”He instructed.
You looked at him one last time before opening the drawer, and when you opened it you found a VIP ticket to one of Big Bang’s concert dates at the dome this week. You grinned from ear to ear and grabbed the ticket as you looked at him.
“I had to invite the whole group to throw off suspicion but it will be great!”He said excitedly,”Actually iKON and WINNER should be coming too. But then we can have a date?” 
Your heart fluttered. It’s been awhile since you guys had had a real date, and not a date at the company. Which you didn’t mind since you guys got to make music together, but it would be a nice change.
“Yes!”You squealed,”To have a real date would be amazing!”
“Perfect.”GD smiled proudly,”YG has a private plane set up for you guys, you just have to be back before the weekend of course for music shows.”
“I don’t care,”You said,”This just made my horrible day so much better.”
GD smiled again and just stared at you.
“What?”You asked.
“You’re so beautiful when your smiling.”He said sweetly,”I hope to keep it smiling forever.
You felt your face get hot and you laughed,”Does that work on every girl you flirt with?”
“Just the one I’m talking to right now.”He finished.
“Alright,”You said trying to cover your giggles,”I think it’s time for bed for the both of us.”
GD nodded,”Goodnight chagya*.”
“Goodnight oppa.”You said before the facetime ended. 

You could have sworn you saw a shooting star.