S O R R Y .

M E L L Y K I S S M A S. (Xmas Special'11)

For the whole day, Sungjong was the busiest person. I was staring into space or doodling, while he was busy trying to get me talking and sending text messages to oppa. He kept talking about this christmas what was he going to do, which made my bloody boiled even more. I kept breathing in deeply to prevent myself from getting so angry at him, maybe he was still oblivious that he was suppose to visit oppa and I for this christmas. School finally ended, I grabbed my bag and left immediately. Sungjong packed his stuff and followed behind me, getting blocked by Hyunah from time to time. I ignored them and walked briskly out of the school. I could hear the familiar foot steps running behind me. It was Sungjong. I sighed and turned around. He stopped in front of me, panting heavily. I looked at him, but he wasn't responding to me as he was still trying to catch his breath. I started walking again to the bus stop. He kept following me, even back home.

"Sungjong, what do you want?" I asked him after I unlocked the door and let the both of us in. He was quite shocked that I finally started talking. He grabbed a bottle of banana milk and sat on the sofa as if it was his own house. I crossed my arms stared at him.

"What?" He asked, acting like he didn't hear me. "Arasso. Your oppa asked me to look after you." He continued sipping on the banana milk as I stormed back to my room to do my assignments. He knocked the door but I didn't bother to respond to him. He slowly pushed open the door and walked towards my bed. He lied down and sighed.

"What are you sighing about? I'm not even complaining with you lying on my bed." I asked him rudely as I didn't stop writing my assignments.

"You know you oppa really loves you?" He asked me. I stopped writing my homework and thought for a moment. Yes, I know he does, but why do he treats me this way? He could have talk to me nicely, allowed me to go for the christmas party and not transfer my class just because we fought. I shook the idea off and continued writing.

"Ya, did you hear me?" Sungjong tried to get my attention but failed. He came nearer to me and snatched the pen from me. I looked at him for awhile and got another pen from my pencil case. He slammed my pen on the pencil and started screaming at me.

"YOUR BROTHER LOVES YOU SO MUCH THAT HE SAVES UP MONEY TO BRING YOU TO JAPAN THIS CHRISTMAS, KNOWING THAT YOU WANT TO GO OVERSEAS SINCE YOU WERE YOUNG!!!" He screamed at the top of his voice as I looked at him. I was shocked, by both Sungjong and oppa. So oppa didn't allow me to go for the party because he had other plans for us? My eyes got watery and I felt guilt. I picked up my pen and continued with my assignment. I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks and landing on my practice papers. Sungjong stormed out of my room and started screaming at himself in the living room. I picked up my phone and wrote a text message to oppa.

"Oppa, jeongmal miahnae da. I'll be obedient in future, I promise." I kept looking at the text message and was thinking whether I should send it or not. But getting back to the point that he shouted at me, I deleted the text message and continued deeping myself inside the assignments given. It was already 8.30pm at night. The house was so quiet. I opened the door quietly and peeps around. Sungjong was sleeping on the sofa and I still couldn't see oppa anywhere. My stomach began grumbling, so I decided to cook a ramen for myself. As I was cooking, Sungjong smelled the food and woke up. He walked into the kitchen and screamed in horror. I turned around and looked at him. He said that I wasn't allowed to cook myself as I might burn myself and he will have to get scolded by oppa. Once again, I felt guilt. Oppa is acting as my umma, appa and oppa in my life, and it wasn't easy of course. He had to deal with chores and work, and had to protect me like a brother does. I suddenly broke down the in kitchen, crying out loud. Sungjong panicked and kept apologising, claiming that he didn't raise his voice at me purposely. That moment, someone opened the door, and it was obviously oppa. He heard my crying voice and so he ran into the kitchen to check what happened. Sungjong started crying with me as he was afraid that oppa might chop him into slices.

"Oppa, miahnae. I promise that I will obedient from now." I managed to say with my shaky voice. He ruffled my hair and pulled me closer for a hug.