......6

Silent Love

 

Present Time

        Onew woke up when he heard his mobile alarm but he was feeling so warm unlike usual cold mornings. He looked up adjusting his focus & saw the source was his warmness, Minho all the beautiful way was sleeping radiating his glory. Onew always wanted this moment; he wanted to see Minho, the person he loves most near to him every morning cuddling with him. He gingerly brushed his fingers on Minho’s cheeks, his lips curved into small smile. He checked his watch there was lots of schedule there to complete so he got up from bed putting covers on Minho softly. He didn’t want to wake him up, he knew that Minho don’t like to wake up early as well as he was looking so pale & tired.

        Onew took a bath & after changing he went to kitchen to make breakfast for both. He was humming Minho’s favourite song , he was happy because it was not like his lonely boring morning where he made a simple breakfast & eat it alone. He glanced over bedroom but Minho was still sleeping, Onew decided to let Minho sleep for more time. He set the table for food, he made lots of things mostly were Minho’s favourite. He wore his business suit & checked at his watch it’s now time for going to work but he wanted to eat together with Minho.  He went to bedroom to check, Minho was still sleeping which was little odd. When he went near to Minho he saw that Minho was drenched into sweat & his breathing was also heavy.  Onew put his hand on Minho’s forehead

 

“Omg...he is burning” Onew gasped, he immediately brought bowl of water & cloth.

 

He rinsed cloth from bowl of water & placed it on Minho’s burning forehead then he called their usual doctor & consulted him about Minho’s condition.

 

He sat near Minho looking at his pale sweaty face, his ankle was also swollen. Onew never get panicked until & unless it is related to Minho, he became weak & emotional about younger.

 

More than for 2 hours he was changing cloths on Minho’s forehead, he checked again fever was slightly lowered.  He decided to Make some soup for Minho, so he went to kitchen & was preparing soup, he glanced at the breakfast he made which was still on table & sighed. 

 

After some time Onew heard groan, he quickly rushed to bedroom knowing the voice, Minho was trying to open his eyes, pain was seen on his face due to fever & body ache.

 

“H...Hyung ...” Minho tried to sit up when he saw onew

Onew quickly went to his side & stopped younger to get up “ You need rest ...dont get up, you still have fever”

 

“No I’m okay, it’s no big deal...fever will go down, don’t worry” Minho said with biting his lips to hide his pain.

 

“Don’t talk like this , I made a soup for you ...just drink it & take a rest” Onew ruffled Minho’s sticky hairs with warming smile on his face.

 

“Don’t you have a work today? Means you always get busy with work. What’s the time ?” Minho checked the clock it was 1 pm.

 

“No...means yes but not that much important, so don’t worry about it, I will bring  soup for you” Onew avoided the question & went to kitchen.

 

      Minho rested his head on pillow, he rubbed his throbbing temple, he flinched when he tried to move his leg, he remembered about his sprained ankle. He didn’t want to give any trouble to his hyung,  last night he came to Onew’s house without thinking, he was just walking around & when he stopped he found himself in front of his hyung’s room.

 

He also decided last night that in early morning he will leave without waking up his hyung but now he was unable to get up from his bed without help. He cursed himself about his condition, he looked at his mobile which was switched off , his fingers was touching on button but again he put it back. 

 

Minho flinched again but now due to Onew’s phone ring, Minho tried to get up but he heard Onew’s voice from kitchen “Don’t need to take it, it will automatically go on answering mode”

 

Minho rested back, after some rings Onew’s recording voice followed “hello I’m lee Onew, I’m unable to take your call now please leave message after the beep”

 

The caller’s voice came after beep

 “Hello Mr lee. This is your secretary Key is speaking, I was trying to call you since morning but you are not taking my calls neither you replied my any message. As I told you yesterday that today you had a very important meeting at 10 am which you missed. You don’t know how I convinced them for next meeting schedule which I postpone tomorrow. Another two meeting are still there as well as some important work on your today’s schedules which are very very important. So please contact me as soon as possible you know what will happe.....”

 

Onew quickly came inside room he put the tray on table & took phone before Key speak ahead “ Hello Key, this is Onew ..” then he listened all the angry babbling of his secretary closing his eyes, he looked at Minho who was looking at Onew with concern.

 

“Just cancelled all schedules” Onew replied with lowest possible voice turning his back to younger.

 

“I have more important work here. ......I know but.....yes I’m not feeling well ...just tell them & yes I’m unable to come tomorrow also so please cancelled that schedule too”    Onew put down the receiver with big sigh. When he turned back to younger he put warm smile on his face but Minho was not smiling back.

 

“Don’t take care of me that much hyung, I’m not used to it now, I’m not that important, I’m just nothing more than trouble for you.....I’m...just a burden for everyone” Minho said with his weak voice to Onew but his teary eyes were showing his pain.

 

Onew’s heart ached hearing this, the most hated things in the world for Onew were to see Minho in pain & younger’s painful words stabbing his heart. He knew the reason for all this but all he wanted was Minho’s happiness which was lost from his face.

 

When a tear rolled down from Minho’s eyes & Onew rushed to hug younger, it was unbearable to Onew now to see Minho in pain, he tightly embraced younger in his arms. Minho was shocked first but then he relaxed in Onew’s arms resting his head on his shoulder.

 

“Yaaa, why are you saying this? ....you are most important person for me, why you will be trouble for me? We lived together so many years that time we didn’t think about it & now there was little time we were away so now you became trouble?  How can you say this to me ? you are precious to me .....stop calling yourself burden...you are so much to me ...you don’t know” last words  become so low with Onew’s voice which was getting horse.

 

Minho sniffed in Onew’s embrace, he knew that his hyung care for him but he didn’t feel he deserves this care from the person he hurt most.

 

Onew took Minho’s face in his palms wiping tears by his thumbs “ Yaa Phabo , you still have fever, these tears are so precious don’t waste them.....you must be hungry first drink soup”   Onew stoop up & help Minho to sit up properly, he made comfortable to Minho by putting pillow to his back & he took a tray from table.

 

Onew brought bowl & hand over to Minho but Minho’s hands were shaking little due to weakness so Onew took it back watching younger in worried eyes, he never seen younger in this bad condition, Minho was athlete so it was rare that Minho had weakness or fell sick badly.

 

“I will feed this to you” Onew said but Minho shook his head

 

 “You need this, don’t act like a child, you have to take medicine after this ” Onew dipped spoon & brought it near to younger’s mouth but Minho again shook his head

 

“No hyung, I’m not hungry, just put medicine here I will take it, you just go back to work, I will be ok” Minho his dried lips trying best to show he was in good condition but Onew was getting upset due to this behaviour.  

 

“Why don’t you listen to me? You never listen to at that time also & now too & that’s why you are in this condition” Onew raised his voice but bit his tongue when he got what he said. 

 

“I’m sorry, I’m really sorry I don’t mean that ....sorry  if I hurt you“  Onew closed his eyes & opened  in frustration he thought Minho will get angry but instead of that Minho was smiling.

 

“It’s ok Hyung, don’t be sorry ....why should you sorry? You were right now & that time too.....& I’m not getting hurt due to your words because my heart became numb, this silly heart heard so much hurtful things, that it don’t have any emotions now”  Minho said with his head down.

 

Onew just wanted to face palmed himself for his stupid mistake,  he knew that Minho was in emotionally shaken condition.

“Okay...just forget it, drink this soup before it getting cold” Onew tried to change subject, he blow air on spoon to make it cool & give it to Minho.

Minho raised his head looking at Onew’s pleading eyes; he knew that he will never win against his hyung.

 

He gulped the spoonful of soup, the warmness spread from his mouth to whole body, no doubt it was tasty as usual, Onew always made best food as Minho liked it.

 

“Do you like it?” Onew asked & Minho nodded with small smile, Onew cleaned Minho face with towel.

 

“I will bring you more, you seem hungry” Minho nodded; he was bored to eat ordered food as well as he was not good making food instead of instant ramen.

 

Again Onew’s mobile vibrated flashing Key’s name, Onew cut the call & went to kitchen, Mobile was continuously vibrating, and Minho was watching it. When Onew came back he switch off the mobile & placed all the medicine, fruits & water near to Minho’s bed so he could easily access it without moving his injured foot, he again went back to Kitchen.

 

Minho was feeling little better due to food but he was upset by ruining Onew’s important meetings.

 

“Here , I brought it ...just drink it all okay! Now open your mouth” Onew smiled he brought another bowl of soup but he didn’t get any response from younger.

 

“What? You said you like it...I’m not going to hear ...just drink it” Onew insisted

 

“I will drink it, if you promise me one thing” Minho said with weak but firm voice, Onew raised his eyebrow in question.

 

“What promise?” Onew asked with confusion

 

“You have to go back to your work & attain your meetings” Minho said quietly.

 

“But..why? Means you have fever ...you need me here ...so just don’t think much, I’m not going” Onew said & he was just going up but Minho grabbed his wrist.

 

“Please Hyung, try to understand...I’m feeling so bad because I’m the reason you did not attend meetings, so please for making me feel better ....please go to the work” Minho pleaded with his teary eyes.

 

“But you have fever Minhoyaa & your foot also injured, someone needs to be here, What if you want something or you need to go somewhere?” Onew said worriedly, he didn’t want to leave younger alone in this condition.

 

“Calm down hyung, I’m all right, I’m feeling better ... you also feed me meal & you put everything is around me so there is no need to worry. You just go to office I will take rest in that time” Minho assured Onew with fake smile.

 

Onew’s worried eyes were trying to believe what Minho assuring him but his heart did not want it, on other hand he don’t want to make younger sad . As his home phone ringed again he took the receiver knowing who is calling.

 

“Hello Key, yes I switched off it because you are annoying, don’t shout I know you are in tension .......ok ok , I’m coming to office but just finished all things in two hours , why impossible?  make it possible or I’m not attending it .........ok  I’ll be there is 15 min”  Onew sighed he looked at Minho who was trying to rest, he went to change while Minho was feeling uneasy due to pain & fever but he dint want to show it so he just closed his eyes biting his lips.

 

“ Minhoyaa look I’m going but I will come back soon, I will not take more than 2 hours & yes don’t need to get up , take a complete rest , I already put medicine , food & water near to your bed . If you need something or feeling ill just calls me immediately” Onew was still in confused & worried mind.

 

“It’s ok hyung I got it, just go” Minho said without opening his eyes

“Oh yes, take rest, I’ll be back soon & don’t open the door until I come back” Onew took his bag & rushed out locking the door.

 

Hearing locking sound Minho opened his eyes, he groaned in pain while moving little, his head was still throbbing & whole body was aching, he took some pills & gulped it with water.

 

He couldn’t able to sleep because of the  ankle was paining & headache, he was turning & twisting on bed but his foot was making it worst. Actually he didn’t want Onew leave him because elder’s presence was pleasant for him but he didn’t want to make any problem to his work. After some time medicine took its impact so Minho’s eyelids started get heaver & he went to sleep.

 

Minho found himself at crowded road near to Taemin’s apartment, he glanced at it but he didn’t want to go back there so started to walk. There was chilly wind blowing so he clutched his jacket to get warmness.  He was walking in daze where the way taking to him. He didn’t wanted to hear any voice, he just wanted to go somewhere far from any arguments & tensions. It was not like first time he was walking like this it happened so many times & he always found himself far away at very different place.

 

When he stopped because someone shoved him from crowd, looking around he got that it was very much unknown area for him; it was not his local area. Rain drops started to fall down which gives chills to Minho.  His eyes were wondering here & there to find any coffee shop or shelter place.  Suddenly his eyes found something familiar, he squinted his eyes to get better view.  It was the person whose face was faded from his memory. He rubbed his eyes again & again but his beating heart was giving him single that she was none other than his mother, who left him alone so many years ago for someone.

 

He was in confusion, his breathing started get heavy as he heard thunder’s cracking noise , he wanted run away but his feet were froze at that place, he couldn’t able to run away. He was watching her mother, her face was having small wrinkles & little aged but he could recognised her clearly. She was talking & smiling with another man interlinking their hands under umbrella . He looked at that man who was also looking happy;   he couldn’t turn away his eyes from that view.

 

Suddenly Minho felt like he didn’t have any strength in his body when he saw a small kid running towards his mother & calling her “umma”. He felt like someone stabbed him in heart as he felt the pain, he clutched his heart & tears rolled down on his cheeks instantly. He was watching all things in shock crying continuously, people were watching at him amusingly.

 

 His eyes widened when his mothers eyes locked with him. He could see from his mother’s face that she recognised him, she left the small kid & slowly come forward towards Minho,  whereas with all the remaining strength Minho  was taking his step back. He could see his mother was calling him but he shook his head, he didn’t want to face this, he didn’t have that courage. He turned back started running with all his might in the pouring rain, he was pushing all the people came into his way, people were shouting & cursing but he didn’t paid attention. He wanted to hide somewhere safe place, he was feeling so scared as his inner fear was started engulfing him.

 

Totally drenched he opened the apartment door, his frightened eyes was looking for someone to hold, he shouted with from his heart.

 

“T...Taemin ........ Taemin , where are you?” he was searching him everywhere, he needed him most, he was feeling totally crushed & alone. Minho’s ears twitched as he heard Taemin’s voice talking with someone on phone.

 

“Yes ...I will do this; I said I will do this today. What?? Do you know who am i? It’s me Lee Taemin the devil king , so don’t ever say that & don’t forget your promise. I will there in practice, don’t you dare to run away” Taemin stopped his talk when he heard Minho’s voice, he smirked & resumed his talking “Don’t cut the phone, wait for minute”

 

Taemin came out from room but when he saw Minho  his expression changed to worried one, he looked out from Window & saw rain with thunder “ Why now?” he cursed under breath.

 

Minho run towards Taemin & hugged him tightly, Taemin wanted to hold him but he pushed him back “ Uwa...look you ruined my cloths,  what’s this ? I’m going out, tsk, now I have to change again. ....Yaaa, you are totally wet go change first” he said annoyingly & he went to change in his room. Minho followed him like a lost puppy.

 

“Can’t you stay today with me, please just for today” Minho was pleading eagerly. Taemin sighed looking at Minho’s condition.  

“What the hell it is? You are not kid Minho, it’s just thunder & I have very important practise, I can’t stay” Taemin showed his irritation from his words.

“I never stopped you ever, but I have reason today,  please  I really need  you today, I will explain all but please please stay” Minho on wage of crying.

 

“Oh please Minho, grow up , look at your face you are looking like silly....be brave, I’m going out because I have very important work I don’t have time for your childish behaviour. We will talk later about what you gonna tell me & yes I’ll be late so don’t wait me for dinner” Taemin took his outfits & went towards door.

 

Minho was still shaking biting his nails, he rushed towards the door stopping the way of Taemin.

“Please stop for god sake, just stay for a while” Minho said with trembling lips, Taemin run his fingers through his hairs with frustration then he saw his mobile .

“I have to go, but .......before some time you were arguing with me saying all that insulting harsh words to me  &  now what? You want me to stay? ..... If you will beg for mercy & apologize what you said to me then i will think about it”  Taemin said without eye contact.

 

“I...I... will give you all, I ...I ...will hear all your things just listen to me once, please stay I’m begging to you T....Taemin, don’t leave me, I need you right now...I’m s....sorry ” Minho went on his knees sobbing hard.

 

Taemin rubbed his temples in aggravation “Stop this nonsense, you are getting over emotional, you have to come over these things, you are adult now ....& ...you are selfish. When I needed you were not there & now you are begging....it’s so funny” Minho lowered his head that was made Taemin little soft with his behaviour. He sat down with Minho’s level & put his hand on other’s shoulder.

 

“I will never ever leave you but try to understand situation, now I have to go,  I have big show ahead , you know that & I need to do practice, so just eat dinner & go to sleep, don’t get worry about these tunders...bye, take care” Taemin pushed back Minho & went outside.

 

Minho was black looking at closed door, he was still sobbing, he hiccupped as thunder voice echoed loudly he went to corner & curled into ball, he was feeling so lonely & scared. He was sniffing hiding his face into his knees; Right now he just wanted to hold someone, he just didn’t wanted to be lonely because fear & anxiety was eating him alive . What he saw today was making him so furious & emotional shaky he was not able to control himself & that’s why he wanted Taemin stay with him.

" It's so c...cold " he said himself when chilly breeze made shiver in his body;

, His phone buzzed  & with shaky hands he took his moile &  he saw  a  message , watching it Minho started to cry more , It was message from Onew

 

“ Sorry to message you, but how are you? It’s raining so hard with thunders ....I was just worried” Minho’s vision stated blurry with tears, he was missing his hyung, he was really missing Onew. Usually at this situation Onew was always with him, holding him, comforting him which  made Minho calm & comfortable but today he was not with him, he was alone.

 

With shaky fingers he replied “ I saw Umma today” instantly his phone ringed, Onew was calling him but Minho didn’t want to show him his condition with his horse & spluttering voice so he cut it. After a minute his phone buzzed with message.

“ Are you okay? Tell me,.....should I come there ? it will take one hour” Minho wiped his tears with back of his hand, he knew that Onew will defiantly come here knowing the situation but he didnt want it. He was the person who left him, hurt him & said not to interfere, he was also worried about what will happen if Taemin see Onew here.

 

“ No.....no need to come here or worry, Taemin is with me, I just want to inform you” Minho typed it & sent, his mobile slipped from his hand & he started to cry again.

 

“ I’m sorry hyung, I don’t want to you hurt again....I’m sorry , I’m sorry “ Minho was chatting this continuously.

 

He was crying for hours, rain stopped but thunders were still flashing some times , his head was hurting like hell & he felt dizzy so he pull out one bottle from his pocket & took some pills on hand. He gulped it without water, bitterness spread in his mouth so he closed his eyes.  

 

He opened his eyes after some time & Out of blue he saw his mother in front of him & he jumped out with fear. She was looking at him same like in his childhood memories, she was smiling at him but then her face changed to serious one.  His father was there, who took her hand started to beat her , she was crying loudly. Minho put his hands on his ears as childhood memories flashed into his eyes. Then he saw that Man & same child which he saw toady, was coming from other side. That man pushed his father & took his mother in his embrace. Then they were walking away from Minho, her Mother waved him bye.

 

“ Stop, don’t go....umma” Minho shouted but that small kid shook his head

 

“ She is not your mother, she is my mother now” that kid embraced his mother & they walked away laughing loudly.

 

Minho was crying hard to stop them but his couldn’t stand when he turned back he saw his father holding his legs back.

 

“ You can’t leave me, don’t be selfish like your mother” his father was talking with his red puffy eyes, he was stinking with alcohol smell.

 

Minho struggled again to get up but he couldn’t, he tried to remove his father's hand on his legs but there was Taemin instead of his father holding him tight.

 

“ You can’t leave me, are you unfaithful like your mother?” he shouted , Minho was so scared, he was struggling to run out but everything was going in vain.  Both Taemin & his father pushing him back very harshly.

 

“: Stop, please leave me ....it’s hurting, please” he cried out in pain

 

He saw someone was coming from same door from which his mother went out

"M...Mother" he mummbled 

“ Help, please help me , someone please help me” he stretched  his hand towards that person.

 

That person put forward his hand towards Minho, he was going to catch that hand but he saw blood on that hand, he widened his eyes when he heard voice of that person.

 

“ Take my hand,......Minhoya” Minho looked at that person it was none other than his beloved hyung Onew.

“ take my hand Minho, before it’s too late “ Onew was saying with sad voice

 

Minho wanted to catch that hand but he suddenly pushed back by Taemin & his father they were laughing. “ You can’t run away”  

 

He was slowly going back away from Onew so he shouted loudly “ Hyung ....I’m sorry , please take me from here...hyung .....” Onew’s  was fading out from Minho eyes.

He was crying out with his lungs “ Onew Hyung, I’m sorry .......please don’t leave me, please take me with you...hyung .....please ....come back...i'm sorry”

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello friends,

I’m really sorry to update so late , I completed it with so fast, sorry if there is any mistake ^^...love u :)