Chapter 7.

Through the Pouring Rain

The next day after some debate, Taemin and Minho decided to go to school. They figured that they couldn’t just stay away forever. Taemin didn’t really want to face anyone right but knew if Minho was there, everything would be fine.

 

After waking up in each other’s arms at pretty much at the crack dawn, Taemin and Minho each got ready for school.

 

When Taemin finished getting dressed, he felt Minho backhug him, and start to kiss his pale nape.

 

“You don’t have to go,” he said, his breath tickling Taemin’s neck causing the younger to shiver.

 

“I-I want to, though… Stupid Kibum was so happy that we weren’t together, and he made me look like an idiot… I want to prove him wrong. I want to wipe that stupid smile off his face and see how he likes it when he sees us walk in.”

 

Taemin wore a slightly sadistic smile as he thought about how Kibum would react when he and Minho strolled into class, hands linked and fingers interlaced.

 

He started giggling softly at the thought, but he was broken out of his trance by Minho waving his hand in front of Taemin’s face. They both laughed when Taemin jerked out of shock, and then put on their shoes, and grabbed their backpacks. Minho put an arm around Taemin’s shoulder and smiled.

 

“We’d better get going before we’re late.”

 

Taemin nodded in agreement and smiled as Minho opened the door, and the pair strolled out happily.

 

They walked to school peacefully, stopping for kisses along the way just like they used to in the years past. As Taemin thought more and more about how he could have lost those sweet moments, tears started to prick at his eyes again. Taemin fought hard to keep them back because he thought that he’d cried enough in the past few days. Minho must have felt Taemin stiffen under his arm because he stopped and turned the younger to face himself.

 

A few tears slipped out of Taemin’s control and he was looking, not wanting to meet Minho’s eyes. He didn’t even have to look to know that the older was staring worriedly at every single droplet on his cheeks.

 

They stood silently for a few brief moments before Minho pulled Taemin into a warm, tight hug, the younger’s cheek flush to his chest.

 

Even though it felt wonderful to be held in Minho’s big, strong arms, Taemin still felt a bit awkward just standing in the middle of the sidewalk. He was about to pull away and say he was fine, but when he moved even a little bit, Minho would hold him even tighter. Taemin decided to just give up and started to sink into Minho’s warmth when he heard the older speak.

 

“Don’t worry okay? We’ll be fine and everything will go back to normal.” Even though Minho was speaking to Taemin, the tears that the younger felt on his shoulder and the older’s voice crack told Taemin that he was partly talking to himself.

 

“Everything… Everything will be alright. Trust me. I promise that I will make everything will be okay.” As he spoke the words, Minho’s voice started to crack even more and his grip got tighter making Taemin fit more snugly.

 

They both quietly let out the tears that were being held back, and after a few moments, Taemin was finally able to pull back from Minho’s hold. He gazed into the older’s puffy eyes and managed a smile of sorts. He then brought his hands up to Minho’s cheeks, rubbing his thumbs on them gently.

 

“I do trust you and… I do know that everything will be perfect as long as I have you.” He leaned in slowly to press their lips together softly.

 

Their lips, like always, meshed together perfectly as if they were made for each other. After a few short moments, they pulled away, smiling softly at one another.

 

Minho let go of Taemin and turned them to face the way they had been walking before. He then draped his arm over the younger’s shoulder once more.

 

Taemin leaned his head on Minho’s shoulder as he sighed contently. As they walked at a steady pace, he felt as if he was in heaven. Everything that had happened in the past few days made him appreciate the relationship he and Minho shared even more than he ever had.

 

As they approached the gates to the school, Taemin felt Minho squeeze his shoulder gently. The younger turned to face him and pecked his lips gently. He smiled and then intertwined Minho’s fingers with his own as a sign of understanding. Taemin knew that he was nervous about seeing Kibum again. He knew because he had the exact same feeling, but he had to stay strong for Minho and teach Kibum a lesson. Besides, with Minho by his side, he knew he was safe and loved.

 

Taemin took a deep breath and walked hand in hand and side by side with Minho through the gates.

 

Nothing was said as they passed through the crowded halls, but words weren’t needed as soft squeezes of the hand spoke for the both of them.

~~~

The minute the pair walked in the classroom a multitude of eyes were looking at the couple who were still holding hands tightly.

 

There were a few gasps and one person even almost fainted, but none of that fazed Taemin. He hadn’t paid the small commotion any mind after he got to see the look on Kibum’s face.

 

His eyes were widened to their limit just after the couple walked in. Soon after the shock had settled in his eyes narrowed and his brows furrowed showing how much he despised how happy the two of them were. Kibum looked away and crossed his arms as he stared at the board angrily. Honestly, Taemin was a little frightened even with Minho there. Just from the look of disgust Kibum wore Taemin knew that something was bound to happen after class

 

~~~

A/N:

 

Hi again everyone! ^^ Happy New Year!

 

First of all, I just wanted to thank everyone who commented and motivated me to get more of this written but I’m sorry that it’s kind of a cliff hanger /.\

 

I had most of this typed a while ago but never got around to actually writing the rest, but I did want to get this story updated at least for new years. Cx

 

Thank you so so so much for reading ^^ You guys are what inspire me to write and I love you all <3

 

Please, please comment and tell me what kinds of things you want to see next ^^

*hug you tight* until next time ^^ *waves*