Chapter 4.

Through the Pouring Rain

Taemin flung himself into the closet in front of him and kept the door open just a crack with just a second to spare. He saw the door to the room open and Minho walked in with a bandage on his hand. Something must have happened outside with that crash that made Minho cut himself. Taemin cringed at the thought.

Minho looked up into the room, his face changing from somewhat sadness to a mix of shock, anger, and sorrow. He looked around the now disasterous room and walked carefully to the bed on which Taemin's suitcase lay. Taemin saw tears forming in Minho's eye, and was tempted to let out his own.

By pure accident, Taemin let out a whimper and silently clapped his hand to his mouth, hoping and praying that Minho hadn't noticed.

Unfortunately, Minho was the most observant hyung Taemin had, so of course he had.

Minho's head snapped in Taemin's direction. Taemin couldn't stand looking at Minho's big, watery, red, amd puffy eyes any longer. He squeezed his eyes shut, just waiting for the tell-tale footsteps that meant he had officially blown his cover, but they never came.

Taemin opened his eyes and saw Minho absorbed in looking at all the memories strewn across the floor. He breathed a silent sigh of relief and stayed as still as possible within the tiny closet.

Taemin saw Minho's face continue to contort with mixed emotions spread throughout. He hands shook as he held every photo, letter, and gift like a precious gem. It was obvious how hard Minho was trying to hold back the tears. Taemin had the same struggle inside the confined space of the closet. He remembered every single moment that passed through Minho's hands with such clarity, it made his head spin. As he tried to clear his head, of all the burnt memories, Taemin heard Minho speak.

"I know you're there, Taemin."

Said boy looked up to see Minho's eyes locked on his own through the small crack. He silently cursed himself for ever even thinking that he could come near his home again, and sheepishly crawled out of the door. He stood, and head still hung low, he walked up to Minho. 

Taemin could feel the other's charismatic eyes full of fire boring into every part of himself. He felt guilty for being the coward he is and hiding now more than ever.

Then, the intense feeling was all of a sudden lifted, and Taemin could finally look up to see Minho's face wet with as many tears as his own had been the night before, The taller of the two was looking away as if he was trying to hide it. Then he looked at Taemin straight into his soul with eyes that were glistening with tears, and did one last things that the younger would have expected from situation.

Minho closed the distance between them in the blink of an eye and wrapped his arms around Taemin's small frame, almost knocking younger to the floor. He started shouting "I love you's " and "I'm sorry's" as his tears soaked through Taemin's thin jacket. Taemin was stiff from the shock but he gradually relaxed as the minutes flew by, he found himself starting to hug Minho back.

~~~

A/N: *tissues all around* I know, I know. It's been a SUPER long time since I last updated because of spring break (i had to get all four of my wisdom teeth out, and I was NOT going to write when I was all loopy *shakes head*), and I will leave you guys with this for a little while longer >:)

This was super short, but packed with a ton of emotions, so I really hope that everyone enjoyed reading ^^

Please comment and tell me what kind of stuff you think will happen next! Will they get back together? Will Tae leave? *points to comments*

Last of all before my usual sendoff, thank you everyone so much for reading, it really does help with all the drama in my life to know that people enjoy what I do^^

*squeezes* Bye everyone!! See you in like another month XD *waves*