Chapter 5.

Through the Pouring Rain

Previous Chapter:

 

“I know you’re there Taemin.”...

 

Then he looked at Taemin straight into his soul....

 

Minho ran up in the blink of an eye…

 

Taemin felt himself hug back.

~~~

Minho had quieted down some, and he looked up at Taemin with his head still in the crook of Taemin’s neck. He kept mouthing, “I’m sorry,” and “I love you,” over and over again.

 

Minho had red eyes from all the tears that had soaked Taemin’s shirt.

 

“I know.” The younger said, gently smiling. Minho hid his face in Taemin’s shoulder once again. Taemin calmly started rubbing Minho’s back, and he felt the other’s grip tighten around his waist.

 

Then he felt all the tears that had built up in himself prick his eyes and trickle down his cheeks. Taemin leaned his head down on Minho’s exposed shoulder, facing away from the elder’s neck.

 

Taemin’s head was reeling as he quickly realized what he was doing. He was hugging the person he had thought had felt no love for him at all anymore. But the fact was that the same person was also apologizing, and Taemin was soaking his shoulder. All of it made his head spin the same way it had when he was looking from inside the closet.

 

Despite it all, though, something about it felt so right. It felt like this was what had been expected to happen all along.

 

He and Minho swayed a bit unconsciously, and all the while, tears were staining both of their faces.

 

“I understood if you hate me and want to leave now…” Minho’s voice cracked through his sobs. Taemin stayed silent for a few minutes, thoughts whizzing through his head. He truly didn’t know what to think anymore about any of this anymore.

 

Taemin knew that if he left, both of them would be miserable, but he himself would be leaving the person that had made him that way in the first place.

 

On the other hand, however, if he decided to stay, they might be able to work something out. They might, but there would always be the fear that Minho was just saying all of those things and the older would end up hurting him even worse.

 

As all these thoughts went through his mind, Taemin couldn’t help but lean more towards staying. There was just something Taemin had seen in Minho’s eyes through the tears that spoke with a sincerity that couldn’t be explained. That something kept yelling at Taemin’s face that Minho truly loved him.

 

Taemin stayed silent for a bit more time, then he took as deep a breath as he could, finally making his decision.

 

“I would never even think about leaving.”

 

His voice cracked as he spoke the words, but it still meant everything it was supposed to. Minho’s tears started up again a little, but Taemin could still hear everything he said crystal clear. The older had started repeating the comforting mantra of dazed “I love you,”s and “I’m sorry”s into Taemin’s shoulder again.

 

Both looked up from the other’s shoulder, and they stared at each other’s face as if they were memorizing features, even though they both knew each other’s very well.

 

“I love you, Taemin,” Minho repeated for the thousandth time.

 

“I love you too, Minho,” Taemin said for the first time since this whole stupid thing had started.

 

Minho’s eyes widened as Taemin leaned in to press his lips against Minho’s, the older’s eyes fluttering shut as he did so. Taemin felt this only two days ago, yet it felt like it had been forever and a day since he had kissed Minho’s sweet lips.

 

Taemin felt Minho’s grip lax, but no move was made to deepen the kiss out of exhaustion on both parts. Taemin pulled away first and smiled warmly as he Minho’s hair.

 

“I’m sorry," Minho said. "For everything that this put you through. I love you and I really wish that never would have happened. To both me and you.”

 

“I know you are, and I know you do, but I want to know why.” Taemin’s smile weakened, and tears began to spill a bit again.

 

“Am I not enough for you anymore?Is that it? Do you need someone better than me? I know I’m not the best looking, and I guess that it would be embarrassing to be seen with me…” Taemin stayed silent in fear that all his walls would break at once if he choked out another word.

 

Minho stared into his eyes in disbelief, waiting for Taemin to get it all out. Then he finally took a shallow breath and answered Taemin.

 

“Have you been listening to me at all Tae? Would we be in this situation if I didn’t think you were enough? Would I be crying my eyes out right now if I didn't care about you anymore? The truth is… You are absolutely perfect for me, Taemin. You have been, are, and always will be enough. I will never need anyone better than you because there is literally NO ONE better than you. You are the most beautiful person I have ever met, body and soul, and that’s why I don’t worry about the staring. I know that everyone is just jealous that I get to have someone like you in my life.”

 

Taemin blushed at the shower of compliments, and then asked in a choked up voice, “You still haven't told me why you were getting all lovey-dovey in the rain with someone other than me.” A tear rolled down his cheek.

 

Minho stayed silent for a bit, and then he responded, his grip tightening around Taemin’s waist. He looked Taemin dead in the eyes and said,

 

“Kibum forced it on me.” Taemin visibly cringed at the name but tried to keep his composure.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean that Kibum kissed me without my consent. I didn't even know he was there until his lips were on mine.”

 

“Well, how the heck I am supposed to know that?”
 

“Well, did you see me initiate the kiss?” Taemin’s eyes widened in confusion to the sudden questioning. Minho still hadn't necessarily answered his question, but as he thought about it, Taemin realized that he had only seen Minho and Kibum after the kiss had started.

 

“No…?”

 

"Okay, then did you see me touch Kibum with anything other than my lips?”

 

Taemin cringed at the name coming from Minho's lips again as if he were never ever meant to say it, and he was still a bit confused, but he answered anyway.

 

“Well, no…” The boy had seen Kibum’s hands on the sides of Minho's face, but Minho himself had had his arms lax at his sides.

 

“Did you ever see me deepen the kiss?”
 

“The rain was blurring my vision…” Taemin mumbled out his answer, realizing now just how stupid he had been that night. He buried his face in Minho's chest to hide the embarrassment appearing on his face.

 

“One last thing - Did it look like it was romantic at all on my end? Did I show any passion and love at any point in time during it?” Minho began running his fingers through Taemin’s hair.

 

If Taemin’s memory served him right, he remembered seeing Minho just standing there through the water drops with somewhat glazed eyes and a furrowed brow out of what seemed like anger.

 

“No... “ Taemin spoke in a defeated tone, his answer muffled by the fabric of Minho’s shirt.

 

“Then why worry? If it didn’t look like I wanted it, then why did you assume that I was some lousy cheat and run away from me?” Minho’s voice started to crack at the end, and Taemin shivered at the feeling of a drop on his head.

 

“I was selfish, jealous, and stupid, so I jumped to conclusions…” Taemin heard a chuckle.

 

“That makes me happy.”

 

“How could that possibly make you happy?!” Taemin was genuinely confused, and a little frustrated at Minho’s cryptic, but at the same time straightforward, answer.

 

“Well, I don’t agree with you being stupid, but all the other things mean that you still cared about and loved me enough to be irrational,” Minho answered, his voice calming a bit. “If you hadn’t felt anything for me, there wouldn’t have been any reason for you to get mad and run away. You would have just accepted it and walked away nicely. There wouldn’t have been any emotion on your part at all except for maybe joy for getting rid of me."

 

Minho let go of Taemin and took his hand to lead him to sit on the bed on top of the older’s lap. Taemin fiddled with Minho’s hand, his mind swimming in thought.

 

“Oh… That’s… That’s true…”

 

It all made sense now. Now there was absolutely no confusion nor doubt in Taemin’s mind that Minho loved him. Everything that had happened also made Taemin realize that he himself would never stop loving Minho.

 

In the midst of Taemin’s silent thinking, Minho raised the younger’s hand to his own face to kiss the knuckles, all the while staring at the boy intently. Minho’s big eyes had an unspoken message that went straight to Taemin’s heart, just like earlier that evening.

 

Then, finally, all the walls had broken, and Taemin threw himself at Minho, the action making him fall back onto the bed. Minho chuckled a bit as he clutched onto Taemin.

 

“I do, and always will love you, Taemin. Don’t ever forget that.”

 

With tear stained faces and stupid smiles, they fell asleep together after a few sweet kisses, Minho’s last line lingering in their minds the entire time. Taemin could sense that everything would be all right because he knew now that Minho truly loved him, and that he truly loved Minho.

 

The rest of the night was peaceful with them both wrapped up in the other’s embrace.

 

~~~

A/N: Hello everyone^^ Yes, I am updating this sooner than I had actually expected AND it was super long!! Man, I AM spoiling you guys :D (Just don’t count on it ever again -.-;; )

 

I hope this chapter cleared up a lot of stuff and got you all to love Minho again (or at least not hate him ><)  

 

BUT: This story is not over yet!! There is still more to come^^ (I mean it’s sorta obvious because it doesn’t have the “completed” thingy, but whatevs *shrugs*)

 

Just for future reference, I have never really been in a relationship before, so I really don’t know if this is how these types of things work XD Just bear with me if a few thingies seem weird, kay?^^

 

Thank you guys so much for reading this update, again >w< Please comment and sub if you haven’t already to tell me what you thought^^ Every one of them makes me update earlier :D


*squeezes* Bye guys!! See you next update!! (hopefully, I will be able to put up some more oneshots :D (I mean, if I’m not too sick or sad to write -.-;; ) *waves*