Chapter 6.

Through the Pouring Rain

Previous Chapter:

 

“‘Kibum forced it on me.’...

 

It all made sense…

 

Minho loved him…

 

He himself would never stop loving Minho…”

 

~~~
 

The next morning, Taemin awoke, still feeling Minho holding him tight. The boy smiled and snuggled into the warmth of the older’s chest before he stirred awake.

 

Minho smiled at the younger and started Taemin’s hair, all the while staring into his eyes. After a few sweet moments, Minho looked behind Taemin to see the alarm on the nightstand.

 

When Minho turned back to Taemin, he took the younger’s chin between his forefinger and thumb to turn the small face up to his own. Minho grinned, pecked both of Taemin’s cheeks, and forehead, and lastly placed a kiss on his soft lips.

 

“Good morning, beautiful.”

 

Taemin hummed sleepily in approval of the name.

 

“Good morning, hyung.”
 

Taemin felt Minho start to sit up while still holding his small frame, so he was forced to leave the comfort if the soft blanket behind.

 

Taemin had always had a habit of stripping himself in his sleep (which Minho had always loved;) ), so he was left only in his boxers, his clothes strewn across the floor.

 

The boy shivered and grumbled as the blanket slipped from his body.
 

Minho chuckled and kissed Taemin’s forehead.

 

“I’m gonna go make breakfast, okay?” Taemin nodded, and Minho got up from the bed. When he left, Taemin still sat on the bed, just looking around the room. He finally saw how much everything on the floor had meant to him.
 

Taemin cringed as he looked at everything below him. He just stared in silence at all the memories that had accumulated over the years. It was every single thing that they had been through together.

 

Taemin finally got up after a few moments, and tiptoed to the closet, picking up every little thing in his path up carefully. So careful in fact, that one might think they were all made of glass.

 

Everything that Minho had given him and everything he had given Minho passed through his hands.

 

The tears threatened to flow again as Taemin placed all the gifts in their proper place in the closet. All of it, even the little things had a greater meaning now more than they ever had before.He wiped his eyes and tried to balance his emotions, and when he felt that he was fine, he kept on with his original mission.

 

When the floor at least had a walkway, Taemin turned to the bed which still had his suitcase on it. He had absolutely no idea how it had stayed on throughout the entire night with their tossing and turning, but he didn’t really have a mind to worry about that right now. The boy picked out some clothes and changed into them soon after. He then decided that he would clean up the rest of the room later.

 

Taemin walked out of the room and into the kitchen. When he arrived, he saw Minho standing tall over the, and he could hear something sizzling. There was such a delicious smell wafting over to him, Taemin couldn’t help but lift his head to sniff it.

 

The boy smiled and walked up behind Minho, wrapping his arms around the older’s waist in order to backhug his strong frame tightly. Minho was startled at first but relaxed into it after only a second or so.

 

“Whatchu makin’?”, Taemin inquired, the aegyo in his voice painfully obvious, and hard for Minho to resist.

 

“Pancakes with a tall glass of banana milk.” Minho looked behind him to beam down at Taemin. “Your favorite.”

 

Taemin blushed at Minho’s impressive memory of him because the last time he’d had that was months ago. He’d never had time to make it anyway with school, so he hadn’t thought about it in a while. As Taemin thought about it more and more though, he realized that that type of thing is so trivial and unnoticeable to anyone else. It showed Taemin that Minho really did care about him as much as he had said yesterday. If he hadn’t that wouldn’t even have been a thought in the older’s head.

 

The thoughts swirled in his head, and the feelings of the night before started to trickle in with them. Taemin tightened his grip around Minho, and in response, the older stopped what he was doing to turn his head and look at him again.

 

“Are you okay, Minnie?”

 

Taemin’s only response was hugging Minho even tighter, his face nestled between the older’s shoulder blades.

 

Taemin heard the stove click off, and then felt Minho attempt to turn his taller body around. Taemin let him Minho out of his grip for a moment to let him do so and immediately wrapped his arms around the older’s waist after he faced him.

 

Minho’s arms s around the younger, and Taemin snuggled in close to his chest, inhaling his scent in shaky breaths. The tears now started to drip, staining Minho’s shirt.

 

They stayed that way for a few moments with Minho Taemin’s hair and running it through his fingers comfortingly, all the while placing kisses on the boy’s head.

 

After he felt he had calmed down enough, Taemin raised his head to look at Minho’s face, still clinging onto him. Minho smiled down at the younger and placed his big, soft hands on the sides of Taemin’s face gently. Minho then leaned in close to press a kiss on Taemin’s lips.

 

“I think breakfast will make this a lot better don’t you?”, Minho said after pulling away.

 

Taemin nodded shakily and let go of Minho reluctantly. The older then proceeded to sit him in a chair at the table. Taemin waited patiently as Minho fixed a single plate. The both of them had always shared everything, anyway, and it cut down on costs, so it was a win, win situation.

 

After a few minutes, Minho came to the table and took the seat next to Taemin, beaming at the boy while looking very accomplished. The older then cut off a piece of pancake and held it out to Taemin in the fork. Taemin opened his mouth, and Minho fed him the syrup covered piece. Taemin chewed gratefully and grinned at the sweet taste.

 

Even though it wasn’t professional, Taemin couldn’t think of anything that could ever be better tasting than what Minho had cooked, lacing it with love.

 

The two of them fed each other little bites at a time, smiling stupidly and staring into each other’s eyes all the while. It was only them; any pain was forgotten as they savored the moment. When the plate was emptied, it was a mutual decision to just stay home from school.

 

Minho made some popcorn and sat down next to Taemin who was seated on the couch. As soon as he did, the younger immediately laid his head in Minho’s lap. After they got comfy, the rest of the day was spent on the couch watching boring variety shows. The couple didn’t notice any of the dry comedy, though. They were too wrapped up in cuddles and kisses to watch.

---

A/N:

Hey guys^^.... So… I lied… I said it would be up WAAAAYYY sooner than this, and for that, I’m really sorry and hope that no one comes to kill me in my sleep… *looks behind shoulder* I’ve just had a lot going on, including a LOT of writer’s block -.-;;;;

 

Nonetheless, I still wanted to get out this super fluffy update for SHINee’s anniversary^^

 

I love my boys and I wanted to do something good for them today^^

 

Please comment and subscribe to tell me what you thought of the update even though it is super late^^;;

 

I really hope everyone likes it, but do expect that it’ll look like I’m dead and not writing…..


Thank you, everyone, for reading, anyway^^ *squeezes* See you guys when I come back to life next!! *waves*