deux.

Say You Love Me

Deeply sighing, Chanyeol frustratedly ran a hand through his hair as he got out of his car, slamming the door shut.

What the hell was going on today? 
He just didn't get it.
It wasn't even April Fools yet so what's the big deal?
Chewing on his lower lip he gazed off into the distance as he recollected his thoughts.
Of course, totally out of it little did he notice that he was about to bump into a man who was, for some reason, in his own world as well.

His shoulder suddenly meeting something hard reflexively making him flinch back and look up.
The man in front of him, expensive looking blue suit, styled up hair and a stack of papers, falling to the ground slowly.
He looked like he wanted to murder him for doing that and Chanyeol was just about to pick the papers up to make it up to the man but he made the mistake of looking up.
"Wait..I-
 Jongin..?"
Chanyeol looked up, a sheet of paper already in his hand as he squinted at the male looking down at him.
"Can I..help you?" replied said Jongin questionably, causing Chanyeol to jolt up and grab him by the shoulders.
"Oh my God, Jongin. It's so good to see you! 
 It's been like..what? Two weeks?"
The tall male chirped excitedly.
"Oh, which reminds me! What the hell is up with Baekhyun lately? 
 This is all so bizarrely strange, you have no idea what hell of a day I've had!
 First, I almost ran late to work and then Baekhyun comes in and doesn't recognize me when he's the one dressing up like a ninja in the middle of the day. 
 Ohh! And then Minseok yelled at me for leaving the pharmacy for a second! Can you believe that?"

"I'm..uhm..excuse me but could you please let go before I break your arm off?"
The latter just replied, taking a grip of Chanyeol's forearms.

"B-But, didn't you say you don't mind me doing this?"
The tall male shook Jongin playfully, causing the other to snap and slap his hands off of himself.

"I told you to let me go!"
He yelled, causing the other few people in the garage to turn their attention to them before sprinting off.

"But-"

"But ing what?! How the do you even know me? What the mother is wrong with you? Did your mother never tell you to back the off of people you're not acquainted?!"

"But..Jongin! What the hell are you talking about, man? I know you! We've been friends for three goddamn years! Don't pull this on me as well!"
By now, you could hear all the screams echoing off of the walls and Chanyeol was subconsciously pretty sure if not already someone WILL call the police on them for this.
 
"You might know me, but I don't know you. The fact that you like my work is very appreciated but I couldn't give less of a if a stranger came up to me like this and pretended to know me if that wasn't actually the case! I think I would remember my acquaintances pretty well, no?"

"What the ? You know me! We've met before, so many times! You introduced me to Baekhyun, Jongin! The Byun Baekhyun I'm dating right now!"

"Please stop this before I call the goddamn police. 
 Let me clear this up for you, if you're, obviously to dull to understand.
 I.DO.NOT.ING.KNOW.YOU.
 Or your bloody boyfriend so ing back off! 
 You ruined my day, great. 
 Just ing great."

"Yah! Kim Jong-"

"If you follow me or say one more thing, your face will be kissing my ing fist."
Jongin pointed at him as he stepped away, only to swiftly turn his back to him and stomp away, leaving a flabbergastered Chanyeol behind who was probably ready to cry by now.

______________________________________________

The clock had already ticked midnight quite a while ago yet Chanyeol was still running around the house, turning it into a horrible mess as he scattered clothes, boxes, books and well, pretty much anything, on the floor as he looked.
It can't be that he doesn't, at least, have one of Baekhyun's shirts! It can't be!
He spent so much time there it's unbelievable he has nothing!
He couldn't have thrown it out, he couldn't have taken it away.
Baekhyun had a spare key but he's not that much of an to take all his things and leave without a word.
He'd, at least, let Chanyeol know for s sake!

Frustrated, the male plopped onto the floor, letting out a sigh.
He was about to start cleaning up but, on second thought..maybe not today.
Not even having the strength to get up and take a pillow, he just closed his eyes and hugged that one blue sweater his mother had given him for his birthday.

______________________________________________

As Chanyeol opened his eyes, taking in his surroundings he soon found out that this wasn't the warm bedroom floor he remembers falling asleep on.
It was something like an alleyway but he couldn't quite tell, considering the thick fog that fell onto his surroundings. The only thing he could make out were the neon lights coming from the various buildings, probably shops or bars, Chanyeol thought to himself.
Getting up he moved his hand under himself for better support but soon enough retreated it as the feeling of something liquid came in contact with it.
Chanyeol quickly jumped up and stared at what he had just 'stepped in' and then his hand, scrunching his nose and making a disgusted face.
'Was that..vomit?' -He thought to himself, slightly gagging.
Wiping the hand off of his coat the male shivered, it's disgusting as hell but at least, he'll wash it as soon as he gets home.
Heading towards the bright neon lights he spotted a taxi, yet just as he was about to raise his hand to call it over a loud and horrid scream deafened out everything else he heard.
Whipping his head around to follow the sound he spotted a silhouette at the other end of the alley, hurriedly running and yet another one coming behind it not so long after.
Chanyeol widened his eyes, the sudden realization made him stagger as the lightheadedness kicked in.
The feeling in his gut was telling him to go after them yet his brain, making the logical choices said not to follow.
Even though he appreciated the sense of security he had, Chanyeol had no other choice than to follow his gut feeling. 
The only thing he could actually rely on in situations like these.
He quickly mustered up the courage and sprinted after them and soon he found himself wandering through a complex maze of various alleyways and every time he turned around he could see at least one of the silhouettes running.
Chanyeol staggered to catch his breath, resting his hands on his knees, panting hard.
And soon enough the sounds of his heavy breathing weren't the only ones to fill the air.
Footsteps.
Hurried ones, coming from behind him.
But he didn't get a chance to turn around in time before the person crashed into him, causing them both to stumble and fall.

"OH MY GOD, NO! STAY AWAY FROM ME! NO!"
The person cried out, quickly retreating and hitting a wall.
Rubbing his head, Chanyeol hissed at the pain before whipping his head towards the person.
His features softened soon enough.
The male, glued to the wall was breathing heavily.
The terror in his wide eyes very much evident just as the tear-stained face and the messy hair.
Chanyeol stood up to approach him, causing the latter to flinch and shake even more than he already was.

"I'm-
 Uh, are you okay?"
He asked as he slowly took steps towards the male.

"No..No..I have to go.. I..I have to..B-Before he-"

"Oh, baaaaaby. Where could you be hiding?"
The frightened male couldn't even finish his incoherent sentences before a loud voice slurred through the fog, jumping off of the brick walls causing him to tense up and start mumbling as he frantically looked around.
Forcing himself to look away from the shaking latter, Chanyeol turned to the direction of the sound finding out that, if he squinted really hard he could make out a tall shadow coming closer.
He widened his eyes and shot his head back to the shaking boy, quickly taking his hand into his.

"What are you- 
 No-"
He was about to scream but Chanyeol covered his mouth just in time.

"I need you to trust me!
 He's coming and I'm sure you don't want to be here."
With wide, teary eyes the latter just nodded before he let Chanyeol hurriedly drag him off.

______________________________________________

And like that they ran and ran until the shivering male couldn't any more.
Pulling at Chanyeol's hand hastily he came to an abrupt stop, almost getting knocked off his feet cause Chanyeol didn't even think about stopping.
"Please.."
The smaller male gasped out.
"I can't..no more..please, I can't..run.."
He spoke between pants and heavy breaths.

"No! We can't stop here. There's a clearing just ahead and the fog is lifting! If we hurry we can find cars and then go to a police station and then we ca-"

"Well, well, well...
Chanyeol's breath hitched, and his eyes went wide as a cold sweat washed over him.
Slowly turning his head he found that the person that'd been chasing after them has long caught up.

"Who do we have here?"
He smirked wickedly as he waved his hand towards them.
Chanyeol frowned, 
'Oh God, was that a-'

"Gun?"
The man in front of them interrupted the silence, looking at the object in his hand and then back at Chanyeol.
"Is that what you were thinking? I can see you looking at it."
Cocking an eyebrow he didn't hesitate to pull at the hammer, getting ready to fire.
That action was reason enough for Chanyeol to step in front of the smaller male, gripping his hand tighter.

"On my mark, when I count to three we run." 
He whispered under his breath earning a reassuring hand squeeze from the other to let him know that he understood.
"Okay, ready. One."

"What's the matter? Don't tell me you're going to protect this ing ."
The man spat out.

"Two."

"I can't believe you, baby. You're so cruel for doing this. I thought you loved me back."

"Three.
 RUN!"
Chanyeol screamed out as he took the lead and sprinted, leaving their pursuer flabbergastered for a second before he ran after them.

"You can't run forever! You should know that!"
He yelled from behind them as a few bullets were fired but missed their target.
Ignoring everything they continued running, making it out to the clearing yet only to find out that there were no cars, no people, no nothing! 
As if it had been abandoned.
"At some point you're going to stop and then, then I'm going to ing shoot a bullet through your skull, Baekhyun! Mark my words!"
Staggering Chanyeol shot his head to the male next to him in shock and disbelief.
This can't be, for the love of God. It just can't, it just-

Bang.
And Baekhyun fell.

Chanyeol was pulled down along with him.
The smaller male now on his knees, clutching the wound in his shoulder that has now, drenched his gray shirt in blood.
He was shaking, breathing heavily as he turned his head to the alleyway they had just escaped from.
The man emerged from the little fog that was now left hanging in the air, taking large steps and coming to an abrupt stop a few meters away from them.

"Told you so, now then..
 You either come to me or you die right here, right now."
The piercing gaze directed towards Chanyeol as he reloaded his gun, never breaking eye contact.

"So, what will it be baby?"

The boy next to Chanyeol gasped, clinging to his jacket as he fought hard to stand up.
Shooting him a meaningful look before turning away the boy stood in front of Chanyeol, taking a few small steps before abruptly stopping.
Chanyeol's eyes were filled with terror and fright, he wanted to help, he couldn't let this happen but his legs just wouldn't listen, his body wouldn't budge no matter how hard he tried.

"I don't care about what happens from now on, just leave him out of this!"

"Fine, have it your way. But you should know this, you were always my favorite, Baekhyun."
Raising the gun towards said male the chaser brought his finger to the trigger giving him one last cruel smile.

And
"NO!"
Bang.
Baekhyun fell.

"ING NO! YOU MONSTER!"
Chanyeol screamed, now finally being able to move, he rushed towards the man and tackled him.
"WHY? WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!"
Crying out, he punched the man straight across the face before bringing his hands down to his neck and tightly gripping onto it and not letting go before the now, coughing and wheezing male had rolled his eyes into the back of his head and stopped breathing.
Frantically breathing, Chanyeol got up and rushed back to the fallen boy who was now lying on the cold concrete and wheezing louder than ever.

"Oh my God, no. Please, don't..y-you can't. Don't do this to me!"
The blood now drenching the front of his shirt and seeping onto the ground beneath him as he gasped in short breaths and tears welled up in his eyes.
"Get a hold of yourself! This can't happen! Please, don't do this to me! Baekhyun!!"
The wheezing boy widened his eyes, the first tears rolling down his cheeks as he lifted a weak hand up to grip at Chanyeol's which was now pressing onto the wound, trying his best to prevent the blood loss.
"Y-You finally called me by my name.."
Baekhyun cried out in sharp breaths as he gripped at Chanyeol's hand harder.
"No, no, no..this can't happen! This can't end here Baekhyun! Please, please hold on, I'll--"
Chanyeol turned his head towards the man he had just killed as he lifted the wheezing Baekhyun up only to find him being completely still, eyes wide when he turned back.
"Don't do this to me, Baekhyun! Baekhyun, come on! Say something, anything. Please!"
Gripping at his shoulder, Chanyeol embraced the smaller male as tears welled up in his eyes.
"Please, Baekhyun..Oh God..please you can't..no..not here..not like this you-"
Letting out a heavy and loud sob, Chanyeol closed his eyes, hugging Baekhyun closer as he let out incoherent whispers.
"Please.. please..Baekhyun..say something,
 Baekhyun..."


The hand Chanyeol was holding had never once let go.


i'm a ty yes i am and therefore have a ty chapter which im sosodosososososos oo sorry for 
now i'm off to cry pull an all nighter to watch moorim high school b ye ily