Chapter 30

A Deer and A Baozi

Ling's POV

My mind was blank of all thoughts as I watched the EXO members and Luhan clean themselves up in the change room. Their hair was coated with egg shells and their clothes were stained with egg whites. They were all laughing and smiling, yet I didn't find any of this funny. Nam Soon put his arms around me as Borin whispered words of comfort to me.

I felt horrible. I had thought that the fans and I have finally found a truce and that we would get along without causing trouble for EXO. I hung my head in shame and embarrassment while the members cleaned themselves off.

"Ling, it's okay," Borin whispered. "It's not your fault."

I looked up shyly at her. "Luhan's concert is over, I should go back to China now."

"What, no!" Nam Soon waved a hand at me. "You've only just got here."

I smiled weakly at him. "I never meant to stay here for long, just to visit while his concert was going on."

I looked over at the members and my eyes lingered on Xiumin. His hair was drooping wet from receiving the full force of the egg shower. He was the first to notice something was wrong and the first to jump over and protect me. After the first egg flew onto the stage, his arms flew around me almost immediately. Shortly after, each of the EXO members formed a protective layer around me and ushered me off the stage.

Luhan walked over and pressed his hand on my shoulder. "Ling, are you okay?"

I stood to look at his face more clearly. "Luhan, I'm sorry."

His brows furrowed and he tilted his head. "What for?"

I stared at him with my mouth shut and said nothing. The other members gathered around us with towels wrapped around their necks.

"Ling, it's no big deal." Chen said cheerfully and Chanyeol nodded in agreement.

I shook my head knowing that I had caused trouble for the EXO members. It may not be a big deal to them, but I was almost certain that as soon as we returned to the dorm, their manager is going to have a lot to say.

I was right. When we returned to the dorm, EXO's manager sat in the middle of the living room with my suitcases on either side of him.

-----
Luhan's POV

The egg was easy to get off but I was fully prepared to go home and take a warm shower. On the way home, I couldn't help but have an uneasy feeling about what was waiting for us ahead. With my hand intertwined with Ling's, we walked up the stairs to the entrance of the dorm and opened the door.

"Hyung-nim!"

The EXO members squeezed past us to bow at their manager. I joined them in the living room with Ling hidden behind me.

"What's all this," I pointed at Ling's suitcases. "She's not leaving."

Their manager sneered and stood to be at eye level with me. "Oh yes, she is."

Xiumin stood forward to protest but stopped after a look from him. 

"Hyung-nim, it wasn't Ling's fault." Suho started.

"I don't care who's fault it is, but ever since she's gotten here, the press wouldn't stop following you." Their manager said angrily, his voice rising bit by bit.

He glared at Ling who stood out from behind me and bowed her head. "I will leave immediately."

He smiled and when the members started to protest he held up a hand to silence them. "That is enough from you, wait till Yong Min has to hear about this."

I had heard enough. Without another word I grabbed Ling's suitcase and led her to the door. "If she's leaving, I'm leaving too."

I knew it wasn't a big enough threat to get him to let her stay, but it was worth a try. I doubt that SM had any more uses for me if I was going back to China but, maybe, just maybe.

"One month," His manager held out a finger. "She and you stay for one month, just until your song is finished."

I had completely forgotten about the collaboration. I hid a smile on my lips and I looked at Ling excitedly. She didn't look as thrilled as I thought she would.

"What's wrong?" I muttered to her as EXO's manager started to talk to the members.

Ling shook her head and walked into my arms in a hug. "I want to go home Luhan, I don't want to stay here anymore."

That's when I knew, just how much of a toll that this trip had made on her emotionally. I looked over at their manager. 

"Two weeks," I said holding Ling's head against my chest shielding her from his glare. "I'll finish working on the collaboration and we'll be out of here."

-----
Xiumin's POV

My fist itched for me to punch Luhan across the face and rip Ling from his grasp. I held my fist into ball not realising that my fist was shaking expressing my anger. Chen stood beside me and placed a hand on my arm to ease my anger. I looked up at him and let out a wavering sigh.

Who did Luhan think he was to decide how long Ling should stay here for. Why did he make it shorter than it had to be.

Sehun moved beside me and placed a hand on my back. "Hyung, don't worry, if we don't finish the song they won't be able to leave Korea."

I nodded and bowed as our manager left through the front door.

That's right, Ling won't leave unless Luhan and EXO finish their collaboration, I'll just make sure that the collaboration takes longer than expected.

My eyes lingered on Ling who looked so very tired in Luhan's arms. Was I being inconsiderate of her feelings? Was I being selfish for keeping her in Korea?

I shook my head as Luhan helped Ling go up the stairs to her room. I stood at the base of the stairs looking up at them, jealousy tugging at my sides.

I was willing to do anything to keep her by my side.