Chapter 12

A Deer and A Baozi

Ling's POV

I had told Zhang-ge to pick me up at their dorm so that we could go to the hospital together. I specifically kept this from Xiumin as we walked home in worry.

Of course, all this backfired when we arrived home and Zhang-ge was already there.

"Ling let's go."

"Where are you going?" Lay asked joining into our conversation. "What's happened."

Xiumin looked at the members and his gaze rested on Sehun. "Luhan's at the hospital."

Sehun's expression turned dark instantly and he grabbed his coat. "We're going."

Suho nodded and the members all left to grab their jackets.

"No!" I screamed at them and they stopped in their tracks. "You signed a contract!"

Suho sat down in thought. "That's true."

Sehun didn't stop and headed for the door. "I don't care."

Kai held him back. "Let's think of another way."

"Use the fans," Zhang-ge muttered impatiently at me. "Once they find out that Luhan's at a hospital in Korea, they'll have to let them see him."

Lay nodded. "That's not a bad idea."

I explained to the members and they nodded their heads.

"Baekhyung has a fan account he uses to interact secretly with the fans." Chanyeol grinned and Baekhyung blushed. The two of them huddled together on his phone and started to spread the news. Zhang-ge passed his phone to me.

"It's all over the Chinese news, I don't think you need to do that," He said scratching at his stubbles. "We got swarmed at the airport when I went to meet him too. Everything should already be in the media."

"Oh!" Baekhyung yelled. "They already know! SM is getting major hate right now."

He played a video on his phone.

"Fans have gathered in front of SM entertainment to protest against not letting the members of EXO see their former member Luhan at the hospital." The reporter was yelling at the top of his lungs over the fan cries. "The former Chinese member was transported to Korea earlier tonight after being in a fatal hit and run accident in Beijing, China. It is reported that he did not want to abandon his Korea concert which will be happening later this month. Nothing has been heard from the Chinese police regarding the suspects, but the investigation is ongoing."

Suho's phone rang.

"Hyung-nim?" Everyone looked at him. "Yes, yes, I understand."

He hung up and grabbed his jacket. "They're letting us see him."

Everyone cheered and left to prepare.

"You and Zhang-ge should probably go ahead of us," Suho told me. "It'll be bad if our manager sees you here."

I agreed and left with Zhang-ge to the hospital.

-----♡
Luhan's POV

They made too much of a deal about it on the news.

A fatal injury? Not even, I wasn't dying, well except a broken wrist and an aching side. But really, fatal was not the word.

The door to my room burst open and Ling ran in towards me. She bit on her lip and smacked me on the head.

I blinked at her and my mouth fell open. "W-why!"

"How did you get in an accident!" She bellowed at me tears forming in her eyes.

"It wasn't my fault!" I reassured her. "I-"

That wasn't true and I knew it. I recalled my dizziness just before the collision and shut my mouth tight.

"Your manager outside just said to me that you were overworked!" She said sitting down angrily on the chair next to me. "And that you wanted to be?"

I said nothing, it was nice to see Ling again.

She pouted and glanced up at me, her eyes softening. "I'm glad that you're alright."

I blushed and ruffled her hair. "You're dressed so nicely, did you go somewhere today?"

She nodded. "Xiumin showed me around Seoul."

Xiumin?

Just then the door burst open again and all of the EXO members rushed in.

"Hyung!" Chen rushed over to my side. "How are you?"

I spent the next hour being entertained by my visitors. We joked and they filled me in on all the things that happened after I left. I couldn't help but feel left out as they continued each other's sentences to finish telling me a story.

I used to be a part of that.

Ling put her hand on my good hand  and squeezed. She looked at me but said nothing.

"Luhan, did you know she was the ring girl?" Sehun said excitedly.

"What? No way."

Sehun took my hand and showed him the ring on my finger. The members oohed and I felt my face explode with embarrassment.

"I bought her the shirt." Xiumin cut in smirking at Sehun and the members grew louder.

"I bought her those shoes." I challenged feeling slightly irritated. "Back off from my sister."

"What is happening here?" Chen laughed. "Love, square?"

Before I even had time to react, the door to my hospital room slammed open for the third time. My old EXO manager walked in followed by the other EXO managers and a few cameramen.

"You two, out." He pointed at Ling and Zhang-ge.

I watched as they were escorted out of the room and into the hallway with the door slamming in their face.

"You guys just act normal." My ex-manager said to us. "Ignore the camera man."

The other managers hurried to do our makeup and fix our clothes.

I pushed them away with my good hand. "I'm sorry, I'm not with SM anymore and I don't want you filming in here."

He smirked at me and leaned into my face. "You think I don't know why Xiumin went to China?"

The room fell into complete silence.

"I don't think he will still have a spot in EXO after I tell the boss."

I glared back at him then glanced at Xiumin who shook his head.

"Fine." I spat at him bitterly.

His face distorted into an ugly smile and he handed me a piece of paper. "Your script."

"My what?" I snapped. "Why do I need a script?"

He looked at me and laughed. "So you don't mess this up."

I read over the script in annoyance and paused at a line.

"I'll be working on a song with EXO?"

-----♡
Ling's POV

I stood outside the door with my ears pressed against the door as Zhang-ge sat patiently with his tea in his hand.

"I can't hear anything!" I complained and sat next to him. "Why did they shut us out?"

"So it's just EXO members." Zhang-ge chuckled. "They probably don't want us messing up their image."

I ran my hands through my hair. "I can't believe SM is using stuff like this to their benefit."

Zhang-ge shrugged. "That's business."

A few minutes later, the door to the room opened and the camera crew and managers flooded out.

I watched as the EXO members followed them out and all bowed in unison. I joined them back in the room and sat on the bed next to Luhan.

"What happened?" I asked as Zhang-ge strolled slowly back inside.

Baekhyung passed me his phone with a video on it. The members talking to Luhan just like old times and-

"You're working on a joint project together?"

Everyone shrugged in confusion and the video continued. "SM planned it."

I looked at Luhan who has been silent since I walked in. Our eyes locked and he smiled weakly.

"You okay?" I asked and everyone looked at him.

"Yeah," he paused and looked up at us, his voice was shaking. "I just don't want to anymore, not with SM again."

I sat feeling helpless in the silence of the room. My hand yearning to hold on to his.