Chapter 8

Drowning

 

{Pretending to be happy takes up all my energy. I'm drained...}

Jiyong was in the van waiting for Seungri. He dismissed Seungri's manager without giving him any explanation. He couldn't help but feel pissed that Seungri's manager who was supposed to be working closely with Seungri knew nothing about his condition. But then again, he did not notice anything as well despite being the leader so he has no rights to lash out on the manager. But doesn't stop him from showing his displeasure to the clueless manager who was hesitant on leaving without informing Seungri. All it took was an irk 'tsk' from Jiyong to send him packing his belongings and running off. He wouldn't want to offend the mighty G-dragon afterall. 

This however irritated Jiyong more. How could a manager disregard his artist to this extent. The number one rule of a manager is to ensure the safety of his artist and he definitely failed terribly at that. Jiyong decided that this manager has to go. He was reminded of Seungri's ex manager who was transferred to bring a rookie group last year. He remembered the serious request from him the day he received notice of his transfer. He asked of jiyong to spend more time with Seungri if possible and that Seungri deserves more attention. He didn't understand the meaning and simply brushed off the abrupt request but now that he think of it, it seems that Seungri's ex manager knew more than he lets on. 

Jiyong was about to call him to ask for more clues when the door of the van slided open. He was surprised by the sudden entry of Seungri and even more worried when he realised that Seungri hasn't even notice his presence. He observed Seungri closely, taking in his tense posture and heavy breathing. His frowned deepened when he noticed how Seungri's dug his nails into his palms until his veins popped and his hands shook. He knew Seungri was trying his best to calm down and the last thing to do was to break his concentration. Without a word, he started the engine and drove themselves back to the dorm.