Chapter 9

Fly With My Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hmm…mmhmm…” Jiyong hums while tapping his pencil along the beat that was blaring at his eardrum. “Something’s wrong…” He frowns as he rewinds the song again.

It has been a few hours since Jessica came into the studio, informing Jiyong that she was sleeping. Being the workaholic that he is, he didn’t even realize that time had flew by so fast. It was already 2.35 am and he was still glued on his work.

Jiyong has been going through a few of the prerecord songs that he did a few days ago with Teddy and right now he just wasn’t happy enough with the song. It was not good enough. Something was wrong. But he wasn’t sure what.

“Hmm… maybe if I change this part…” He scribble on the music paper, adding a few notes and erasing some. “No… that will sound bad. Maybe Teddy hyung can ad-“

 

“NOO!!”

 

 

Jiyong’s head snapped up at the familiar scream that resonated around the house. Without wasting any more time, Jiyong made a beeline towards his bedroom where the source of the dolphin scream came from.

The view that greeted him, like always, broke his hearts into pieces. The fact that his girlfriend is lying on the bed with her eyes closed and tears running down her face while screaming her head off, made him feel useless and sad for her.

He ran to the bathroom, grab a glass of water and a clean face towel before walking up to his girlfriend that was still screaming and yelling for ‘something’ to stop. He grabbed both of her flailing arms and pinned it on the bed above her head while sitting on her legs lightly to make them stay in place. With his free hand, he grabbed her face and brings his neck near her, letting her smell him. Although it might look weird to others, but Jessica actually has a really strong sense of smell and she can always know whether he’s near her with just his scent.

Jiyong pressed her head on the crook of his neck while whispering sweet nothings in her ear and a few seconds after that, the younger girl finally stopped screaming and was now breathing heavily and sobbing.

 

 

“So… I’m so-sorry…” Jiyong heard his girl’s soft voice croaked near his ear.

“It’s okay baby… I’m here.” He mumbles as he changed their position. Now they lay side by side with Jessica’s head still in the crook of his neck.

“I’m sorry… I-I didn’t mean it…” Jessica mumbles as her mind still stuck in her dream. “P-please don’t hate me… I’ll d-do my b-best… Ple-please don’t throw me….”

Jiyong listens to his girlfriend’s words, trying to be strong and not cry for her. It hurts him the fact that she is dreaming about this again. It took him 3 weeks to stop the dreaming from coming every night, then another year for it to stop completely. And now, in the beginning of the year, she is relieving this nightmare again.

 

“Baby… listen to me, I need you to wake up for me. You’re not there anymore Sooyeon. Wake up and come back to me…” He whispers in her ear while wiping her tears and caressing her hair. “Come back to me Sooyeon.”

The younger girl continues to sniffles and sobs a few more minutes before finally opening her tear filled eyes and staring at Jiyong’s brown ones. She stared at him for a few seconds before throwing herself onto him and burying her face in his neck.

Jiyong smiles lightly as the fact that he got her out of her nightmare and back to where she belong, right beside her. He moved a bit to grab the glass of water from the bedside table and lean his back on the headboard with Jessica leaning on his chest.

 

“Baby… come on, drink some water. I’m sure your throat must be really dry right now.” He told while leaning back slightly from her and placing the rim of the glass on her lips.

Jessica slowly took a few sips from the glass before finishing it completely. True to Jiyong’s words, the girl’s throat was really parched from all her screaming. Once she finish the water, Jessica leans back onto Jiyong’s chest, listening to his heartbeat.

Placing the glass back on the table, he then grabbed the clean white towel and begin wiping the sweat off of his girlfriend’s body. Once he was finished, he took of his wife beater and lay down on the bed with the girl before turning off the bedside lamp.

“Go back to sleep baby… I’ll be right here the whole time, okay?” He whispers and pecks her forehead before pulling her tighter into his embrace. It didn’t took long before he realize the girl in his arm finally fell asleep and soon after he followed suit.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jiyong was woken up by movements on the bed beside him. Still sleepy and dazed, he felt a familiar warmth on his left side a weight on his shoulder and chest. He instantly knew that it was Jessica because… well she was the only one that would sleep with him.

He moves to spoon his girlfriend in his embrace with the white comforter covering their body. After feeling his girlfriend settle down back to sleep, he also fell back to deep slumber. And then… the alarmed went off.

 

‘So much for going back to sleep.’ Jiyong thought as he groans and stretches to grab Jessica’s phone that was ringing. After turning off the alarmed, he glance down at the small girl in his embrace and pulled her tighter. He didn’t know why but he just loves the feeling of hugging her small sleeping body tightly.

Jiyong lay on the bed for a few minutes, just staring at the girl in his arm before deciding to get up and wash himself. He didn’t want to wake Jessica up as he knew that she was still tired from yesterday’s nightmare.

Tucking the small girl in bed comfortably, he then proceeds to grab his towel and goes into the bathroom to get a nice clean and hot shower. After he was done washing up, Jiyong slipped on his bathrobe and wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter