Let's Not Fall in Love

Queen of ing Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The highlighted ( B ) sentences/phrases/words are the lyrics from the song.

 

"I want a remarkable love. I, being the girl in a relationship, only received a lot from the guy. I did not do the same. I regretted it." 

 - Taeyeon in SBS Radio Program: Jung Sun Hee's Night Like Tonight 

 

 

The famous G-Dragon found himself liking Girls' Generation's leader Taeyeon. All started on December 29, 2013 SBS Gayo Daejun. He, also known as Jiyong, was captivated by her unchanging beauty. He saw her at the backstage with her members and she really caught his attention. 

 

 

When all the artists were already on their respective seats, Jiyong was only six seats away from Taeyeon. Although they were just feet apart, he couldn't really take a good glance at her. He really wanted to see her so much that it frustrated him. What he did was fake a cough, bringing his fist to cover his mouth, then peeked at her twice in his every coughs. Obvious? 

 

 

January 2014

 

"Yuri, we're Kwons. Please give me Taeyeon's number," the young lad on his mid-20s begged, almost kneeling in front of a girl named Kwon Yuri, member of Girls' Generation. She was glaring at him, with her arms crossed.

 

 

"You really like her? Then, find it out yourself. Taeyeon will kill me if she finds out that I gave you her number. Please, make efforts, G-Dragon-ssi. You're lucky because she's single and wants to have a boyfriend again. Bye, Ji. Update me, okay?"

 

 

"O- Okay," he nodded. He wasn't sure of what to do, how to approach her, or how to talk to her. "Yuri, wait!" the moment he realized that she was almost out of his sight, he ran to her direction. "Yah! At least give me some ideas. I don't really know her-"

 

 

"134-38 Cheongdam-dong Gangnam-gu, Seoul. She likes flowers especially roses," said Yuri. At first, he didn't get it but eventually realized after. Good thing, he remembered the address. She likes roses, huh. He grinned, already had a plan.

 

 

The next morning. . .

 

"Miss Taeyeon-ssi? Please sign here," the delivery guy told her as he handed her the small piece of paper.

 

 

"Ah, yeah. By the way, may I know who sent this?" she asked out of curiosity while signing. 

 

 

"There's a card there, miss. Open and read what the card says," the delivery guy replied peevishly that made her raised an eyebrow. 

 

 

Taeyeon shifted her gaze to the card. It's not like it was the first time she received flowers. It was because she was intrigued for it was white roses today not the red ones like what she always received from her secret admirer. She opened the card and then...

 

 

Hi, Taeyeon-ssi! This is Kwon Jiyong. Yes, GD. I hope you don't mind this-- me sending flowers to you. ;)) White Rose means "let's be friends." 

-Kwon Jiyong GD

 

 

Her eyes widened and jaw dropped. She blinked multiple times to check if she read it right. 

 

 

Kwon Jiyong... GD

 

 

Kwon Ji- Yong. GD. G to the ing D?! G-DRAGON?! G-DRAGON sunbaenim sent me flowers?!

 

 

Right after closing the door, she cursed, "! ! ! Why did he sent me flowers?!"

 

 

"Duh! Because obviously,  he likes--" Sunny blurted out of a sudden, "White today not red roses?" 

 

 

"G-Dragon sunbaenim sent me this," she said putting her hands at the back of her hair, not knowing what to do. 

 

 

"What? Excuse me, are you on drugs? GD oppa sent you flowers? C'mon! That's not a good joke," Sunny laughed out loud because she didn't believe her.

 

 

"I am dead serious here, Sunkyu! Why would I joke?! Read this card."

 

 

"OHMYINGGOD, TAEYEON!"

 

 

The next days and weeks were better for Jiyong. He kept on bugging her almost everyday by sending her flowers every two days. It was enough for Taeyeon to build a floral shop, the girls . Sometimes, he sent them with chocolates. There was even a time when he surprised Taeyeon. 

 

 

February 2014

 

"Taeyeon-ssi, I really really like you and I hope you don't mind. I couldn't avoid nor ignore this feeling so here I am..." he confessed, feeling jittery. He grasped her hand by the fingers and kissed the back side of it. He continued, "Please, my lady, I will pursue you romantically starting today."

 

 

She was half annoyed but it made her smile on the inside too. Who wouldn't? It's GD wanting her to be his girlfriend. It somehow makes her heart flutters. Out of all the beautiful girls in Korea, not to be mentioned the whole world, the sweet G-Dragon and said to be a one-woman man only has his eyes for her. 

 

 

Taeyeon wanted to try but her cowardice and high standards were blocking it. She doesn't like guys who smoke and party every time he has a chance and GD is known as a party guy. She hates it up to the point of making a promise to herself that she will not date that kind of guy. 

 

 

However, faith was being unfair and mean to her. Yes, she dated her ideal types like Junsu and Leeteuk but those relationships didn't last longer than she expected. Because of her desire to have a remarkable love in a way of having a normal relationship without receiving hates, she even secretly dated a non-showbiz guy. They almost had a "perfect" relationship but sadly, they broke-up because of Taeyeon's personal reason.

 

 

"Sunbaenim, what are you doing? We don't know each other very well yet. I can't like you because of some reasons that I can't tell. We can at least be friends, but lovers? No. I'm so sorry. Please stop sending me flowers and chocolates. Jeongmal mianhae."

 

 

"Taeyeon, I like you that's all. Whatever you say, I will court you. Bye. See you around." 

 

 

It was painful for Jiyong to be rejected for the first time. He was hurt but he tried not to show it.

 

 

"You will only be hurt." 

 

 

Taeyeon's last words made him to be hesitant. He's so done for being hurt, sad, unloved, and alone. His Instagram posts were mostly about being emotional as if he did not feel the love at all. Nevertheless, he wanted to take risks again.

 

 

March 2014

MBC Building 

 

"Happy 26th birthday, Taeyeon-noona!" Taeyeon blushed. 

 

 

MC Baekhyun greeted as he handed the 26th birthday cake to her. It was the time Girls' Generation was promoting Mr. Mr in Music Core. Taeyeon blew the candle and wished, then put the cake into the table. 

 

 

Taeyeon was stunned for a moment. She already found out ( by accident ) that Baekhyun is her secret admirer that was mentioned earlier.

 

 

"Thanks, Baekhyun-dongsaeng!How about a dinner later? Is that okay with you?" she offered. "My treat!"

 

 

The young lad's eyes widened. His cheeks went crimson. Would he accept or reject it? His long time crush invited him on a dinner date. After years of fanboy-ing, he can finally date the woman of his dreams. Well, that's what he thought. 

 

 

"Why not, noona?! Of course, I'll go with you!l Baekhyun exclaimed, showing how excited he was. 

 

 

"Okay. I'll just pick you up in your dorm. Thank you! Bye!

 

 

Taeyeon bid a goodbye at him and ruffled his hair affectionately.

 

 

"Noona!" he protested but deep in side he freaking loves it.

 

 

As for Taeyeon, she admires Baekhyun not as a man but a little brother, a hoobae, and a labelmate. 

 

 

GD was there, watching their moves, and couldn't help but to overhear their conversation. They seemed to be so close. Hearing Taeyeon inviting Baekhyun for a dinner and seeing her ruffled his hair sent an intense pain on his heart. He wanted to know who's Baekhyun to her. 

 

 

He immediately approached the first person he saw and it was Sooyoung, his number one supporter. 

 

 

"Yah, Sooyoung-ah!"

 

 

"Yes, oppa?" Sooyoung responded.

 

 

GD didn't reply but instead, he stretched his arm then pointed his finger at them. He's a hundred percent grumpy now. Sooyoung got his point-- he's jealous.

 

 

"Who? Baekhyunnie and Taeyeonie? They look good together, aren't they?"

 

 

She . GD's blood boiled even more hearing Sooyoung pronouncing their names in a cute way.  

 

 

"Not at all. They look like siblings. If they got married, they'll will have abnormal babies," GD taunted while laughing out loud. "Her life would be better if she's with me." 

 

 

"Oppa, you're so mean!" Sooyoung gave him a smack across his face that made him groan in pain. 

 

 

Then she continued, "Okay... Okay. Baekhyun is Taeyeon-unnie's secret admirer," she finally got serious and answered his awaited question. "You should double your effort in courting Taeyeon-unnie. There was a rumor in our company that Baekhyun is quite an aggressive rival. Do your best! I really like you for my unnie. Hwaiting, GD oppa!"

 

 

"A- Ah yes... I'll do my very best. Thank you, Sooyoung-ah. You're the best!" 

 

 

The reason why GD went in MBC was because first, he wanted to greet Taeyeon a happy birthday personally and second, he planned to surprise her a dinner later. But this day was being unkind to him. Taeyeon herself invited Baekhyun already. All of his plans with her got wasted. Notwithstanding him being a loser today, an idea crossed his mind. 

 

 

April 2014

Jeonju, South Korea

 

Exactly a month after Taeyeon's birthday, he cleared his schedules. GD came up with an idea of getting first the blessings of Taeyeon's parents before officially courting her. It might be hard but it's the best thing for now. 

 

 

"I want to court your daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Please allow me."

 

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim's faces went slack and their mouths were slightly open after hearing what GD said. 

 

 

"Did I hear it right? You want to court our Taeyeon?" 

 

 

He nodded.

 

 

"Yes, Mrs. Kim. I am serious. I wouldn't be here if I'm not."

 

 

"We don't know that you and Taeyeon are friends."

 

 

If GD is scared of his own father, Mr. Kim is scarier. His forehead was sweating hard because of nervousness. It was something that he hadn't experienced before. Probably because this was his first time doing this. 

 

 

"She never mentioned you to us before," said Mr. Kim.

 

 

"She's not yet ready, sir," he replied politely. 

 

 

"Why is she not with you then?"

 

 

"She doesn't have a clue that I am here, getting your blessings, sir."

 

 

"You're brave, GD-ssi. I like it." Mrs. Kim complimented. 

 

 

GD heaved a sigh of relief after hearing it. Mrs. Kim liked him already. 

 

 

"Taeyeon is on vacation on the 30th so she will be here. Can you come?" Mr. Kim invited, looking so serious. 

 

 

WHAT? Mr. Kim invited me?!?!?!?!

 

 

"I- I will definitely come, sir."

 

*

( Three weeks passed ; 30th of April )

 

"Why--"

 

 

"Good morning, Taeyeon-ah!"

 

 

Taeyeon was beyond surprised after seeing their unexpected visitor. It was no other than the person who sent her red roses and the person who wanted to court her-- G-Dragon. A basket full of fresh fruits was on his right hand and bouquet of flowers on his left.

 

 

"Why are you here?! What in the world--"

 

 

GD was smiling from ear to ear that made her more pissed. 

 

 

"Mr. and Mrs. Kim invited me."

 

 

Taeyeon arms were crossed and the middle of her eyebrows were pulled down, showing how angry she was.

 

 

"Who? I think you're lost?"

 

 

"Your parents! Your parents were the one who invited me here. I asked for their approval of courting you and luckily, they agreed-- I mean, Mrs. Kim did. I don't know about Mr. Kim. He is fifty-fifty. " 

 

 

"What the actual is happening?!"

 

 

"Taeyeon, stop cursing! Let our visitor in! Hi, Jiyong-ssi!"

 

 

Mrs. Kim appeared in front of them, smacking Taeyeon's temple. GD laughed at the sight. He admires her cuteness and innocence.

 

 

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Kim! Fresh fruits and flowers for you and Mr. Kim!"

 

 

"Thank you for coming, Jiyong-ssi! So nice of you! Sit there first."

 

 

He greeted as he bowed down 90 degrees. Shortly after it, he winked at Taeyeon and made his way inside. Taeyeon could only look and glare at her mom and Jiyong who were happily chatting. 

 

 

She pulled her mom to the kitchen and started interrogating her.

 

 

"Mom! Do you know him?!"

 

 

"He's Kwon Jiyong."

 

 

"No! That's not what I mean!"

 

 

Taeyeon was throwing tantrum like a three year old. On the other hand, GD was eavesdropping on their conversation.

 

 

"He's a nice man. I like him for you. He even went here just to get our approval of courting you."

 

 

His ears were pleased because of Mrs. Kim's early declaration of her approval to him. Well, one point for that. His mind bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter