If You / Farewell

Queen of ing Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Will you read this too?

 

TAEYEON

 

"Ji, stop crying now. I bought your favorites like ramen, sushi, and soju. Come on, let's eat."

 

 

"I don't need anything or anyone right now. I don't need you at this moment, Taeyeon. Please leave me alone."

 

 

"Don't push me away. You need a friend at times like this."

 

 

Silence filled the room until he flashes his precious smile at me and says, "You're right, best friend. I really need you at this moment so stay." 

 

 

Best friend. That two words are enough to feel a familiar pain in my heart. It started three years ago when I realized that I lost. I am in love with my best friend who can never see me as a woman he can spend his time with. I can never be his other half because he is truly, madly, and crazily in love with Kiko Mizuhara. Reality but I accepted it long time ago although I'm still in love with him. I thought that staying as his best friend was enough for me but I was hella wrong. 

 

 

The foods I bought remained untouched. Four hours passed. We are now watching the famous movie Romeo & Juliet in his own movie theater on his house here in Itaewon. Jiyong is still lying on my lap. That's how close we are. I run my fingers through his hair and caress it. I heard sniffs. He is still crying. 

 

 

"Are you ready to talk now? It's been four hours now, best." 

 

 

"Kiko and I. Cool-off."

 

 

"Er, why are you crying?" Jiyong and Kiko's on-off relationship again. 

 

 

I have lost count already. The reasons between them are mostly small reasons that led to cool-offs or breakups. I am so done with it.

 

 

"She is flirting with some other guy."

 

 

"What's new?" I mocked and Jiyong glared at me. "Kidding."

 

 

"I ing love her..."

 

 

"...more than I love myself." I finished what's he was about to say. I know, Ji. I heard it many times. "What's the reason this time?"

 

 

"I forgot her birthday."

 

 

"Oh, shoot!" 

 

 

It was her birthday and Jiyong already promised her that he could attend. But Yang Hyun Suk-sajangnim made him work that day. Jiyong was too stupid because he forgot! I knew that he had to go to Japan but I did not tell him. I was selfish, I knew. I just wanted to spend time with him. After her party, Kiko went straight to Korea and confronted him. She found us together, spending time together instead of them. 

 

 

"Jiyong!" Kiko shouted. She didn't bring anything. Just her purse.

 

 

Jiyong and I were actually startled. Kiko suddenly appeared in front of us, like in anytime, she's ready to kill us. She looks so scandalous. That's just the one thing I hate about her. The beast inside her came out. Not to mention that she's always physically hurting Jiyong. But no matter how much I wanted to protect my best friend, I couldn't. She's the girlfriend ; I'm just a best friend. I didn't want to meddle in their affairs.

 

 

"Taeyeon, you have to go home now. I have to settle this." Jiyong pleaded to me as he led me to the door. I obeyed him and after that, I did not know what happened next.

 

 

KIKO

 

"Of all the girls, why her?!" I fumed out of anger and jealousy and started hitting him on his chest.

 

 

I hate Taeyeon since then. I just didn't show it because I wanted to be professional at all things but I reached my limitation. They are best friends but always mistaken as lovers too because of their closeness, sweetness, and thoughtfulness towards each other. She makes my blood boils whenever I see her personally or in TV. 

 

 

"What do you mean by why her?" Jiyong looked like he was in full confusion. 

 

 

"Why does she have to be your best friend?! Why do you always act lovingly to her?! Do you love her?! Do you love Kim Taeyeon more than me?! Am I not enough for you?! Answer me!" I threw unanswered questions at him. I need an honest answers that I've been dying to hear. 

 

 

"What are you talking about?" he asked and seemed flabbergasted. "Of course, she's my best friend. It's normal to show love and care to her. I just love her as a friend, okay? You're my woman, the one I love. You need not to worry, Kiko."

 

 

This man, Kwon Jiyong, is the definition of loyalty. While being together with him for years, I did not even see him with another woman. He never cheated. I always felt his love for me. But I'm tired in this kind of setup. Seeing Jiyong and Taeyeon's strong bond of friendship. 

 

 

"Let's cool-off first. Let's give each other a time to figure things out."

 

 

GD

 

"Just a friendly advice, Jiyong..." Taeyeon smiled as she held my hand affectionately. The way she did it was different, like I felt butterflies in my stomach. But I brushed those thoughts off. I didn't want to make the situation worse nor involve her. 

 

 

She continued, "To be honest, your relationship with Kiko is not healthy anymore. You always fight then break up. It became a cycle. Do you want a love like that? Same old love? Don't you think you deserve better? A better relationship? A better girl than Kiko?"

 

 

Her advice somewhat made me to take it into a consideration whatever decision I would be making. All she said was true. 

 

 

"Honestly, I'm tired in this relationship but I'm saving this because I love her. I really do. I don't want to see her in other man's arms."

 

 

I saw her reaction. Her eyes started to form tears but never rolled down and she pretended, "Aahh, my eyes are very itchy..."  I acted that I didn't notice but I felt guilty. I know she's hiding something. 

 

 

"But half of my heart says I have to find a better girl, maybe a girl like Kim Taeyeon..." I half joked and her cheeks turned red. Truthfully, Taeyeon is my ideal girl until now. But man! Time is unpredictable. I fell in love with Kiko. 

 

 

"You're a fool. You're pathetic. You're blinded by her," she said while playfully pinching my nose three times. 

 

 

"Ouch!"

 

 

"You should know that."

 

 

"I know that very well, Miss Kim. Thanks for your advice, best. By the way, do you want to go with me in Jeju next month? You're free, right?" 

 

 

"For what?"

 

 

"A trip with my best friend and maybe I'll fix some papers too for my café."

 

 

TAEYEON

 

A trip with him in Jeju?! Just the two of us?! We usually go with friends so I was taken aback by his offer. This is an alone time with Jiyong. Why not? It's not like we're gonna do something wrong and so I agreed. 

 

 

"You're treat! I won't pay anything, okay?" I stuck my tongue out at him like a kid. 

 

 

"Of course! I want to spend time with you because I miss you so much, Taengoo!" He giggled. My heart skipped a beat. He put his arm to my shoulder, strangled me on his chest, amd tickled me. 

 

 

"Yah yah yah! Jiyong oppa, stop!" he stopped and we laughed. Precious moments like this is happening again. Sleepless nights were coming. 

 

 

"If you're on my position, what will you do?"

 

 

Aish! We're back to Kiko again!

 

 

"I- I'll broke up with him because I'm not stupid as you are. *Merong I know my worth. He's not the only man in this world, you know. I'm Kim Taeyeon! Men chase me a lot!" 

I told him what I wanted him to do-- to break up with her. I may be selfish but I have a point, right?

 

 

"You're so full of yourself."

 

 

"Whatever! I'm still beautiful, y, and at least I don't play a man's heart."

 

 

"Kiko is not like that." he defended his beloved girlfriend although what I said was true. Jiyong was blinded by love. "How are you and that 24-year old kid suitor?"

 

 

"He's a jackass. He said that he wanted to court me but weeks after, he already had a girlfriend. What a player! But anyway, it's not my loss. I'm in love with someone--  never mind."

 

 

"You should have told me so I can break his bones! And... And you're in love with someone else? Who is he, best?! Spill!"

 

 

It's you, best.

 

 

"I can't tell you right now, best. By the way, I have to leave now. I have an early schedule tomorrow. Goodnight, Jiyong oppa!" I left his apartment quickly before he chases and interrogates me.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter