Ch I. Unexpected Encounters: (برخوردهای غیر منتظره)

Insensible ( بی شعور )

tumblr_n2eqa1oISK1rnjtivo1_500.png

Credit to Google

Unexpected Encounters: برخوردهای غیر منتظره

 

Youngjae woke up and sighed as he realized he was late. He rushed up and showered before heading to his brother’s room to see them already gone. Youngjae sighed in relief and grabbed his keys before rushing to the work. He got to work and rushed to the back room and got his apron on just as the door opened. Youngjae turned around and bowed as his boss walked in.

 

“Morning boss,” he greeted.

 

“Morning Youngjae,” Jaebum, his boss greeted smiling as he glanced at Youngjae. Jaebum was Youngjae’s boss and only friend. Jaebum was not that much older than him, and had inherited the cafe from his father. Jaebum knew about the obstacles that the younger had to face and of course was always there to support the other as a friend. After having enough of seeing the other hurt, Jaebum finally offered Youngjae a job and things have been great until a year ago when Youngjae found out about his younger brother being seriously ill. Jaebum vowed that he would help and stay by the younger’s side no matter what.

Yongjae stood up and smiled reassuringly at Jaebum as he headed out behind the counter. Youngjae put on his facade and fake smiled as he took orders from the customers and cleaned the tables, as he always did.Seven hours later, Youngjae’s shift ended and he bowed at Jaebum before heading out. He was walking home when it started raining and Youngjae shivered as he crossed his arm trying to keep himself warm. He put his hoodie over his head and then continued walking. He was walking down the sidewalk when he suddenly felt dizzy. He kept walking, more like stumbling when someone ran right into him. Youngjae groaned and the man almost made a run for it again when Youngjae reached out and held on to him.

“Help. I... I can’t-” he started weakly coughing but got cut off by two guys running down the sidewalk yelling “hey, you punk get back here!” Before Youngjae could comprehend what was happening, the man grabbed his hand and started running. They kept running before the man stopped at the entrance of a hotel. Youngjae clutched his chest trying to calm his breathing, as he couldn't stop coughing.

 

“Hey... What’s wrong?” the man asked but before he could answer, Youngjae collapsed in his arms
 

   Everything around was dark and there was a beam of light in the distance. “Hey...hey. Are you awake?” he heard a vaguely familiar voice ask. Youngjae stirred slightly before his eyes finally opened, the darkness disappearing. He blinked and looked up trying to say something to the handsome man in front of him. The man stared intensely at him and Youngjae quickly sat up questioning the man “what happened?”

 

“You fainted. Man what a nuisance, I had to carry you all the way to my hotel suite. “ Youngjae immediately sat up and sighed grabbing his head in pain as he felt a migraine. He stood up and groaned stumbling as he tried to walk.

 

“Please don’t tell me you can’t walk because I am in no mood for ,” Daehyun said standing right in front of him.

 

“I can take care of myself thank you very much,” Youngjae scoffed as he balanced himself to prove a point, but found himself withering as he lifted his head and froze meeting the other’s gaze. Both men were staring at each other with an intriguing fascination, and Youngjae was the first to look away, much to Daehyun’s displeasure surprisingly.

 

“Yeah it is very obvious seeing as how you passed out. It must be hard to recover after passing out unless you enjoy it. I bet you love waking up in other people’s homes huh? Is it some poor person scheme? “ Youngjae couldn’t help himself as he moved forward and slapped Daehyun. He didn’t even flinch seeing the blood on the other man’s face. He was not one to resort to violence yet hearing the other judge him just angered him in ways more than one.

 

“You think it’s funny do you? You think that every poor person spend their life scheming plans to deceive cocky rich bastards like you? Let me tell you that people like you sicken me. You can all go and rot,” Youngjae retorted grabbing his stuff before walking out of the hotel suite leaving Daehyun to stare after him bewildered.

 


 

 

    “Youngjae. Youngjae. Youngjae? Youngjae!” Youngjae, who had his head on the cafe counter snapped out of his thoughts and stood straight turning to his intruder.

 

“You okay? You have been very distant this past week. Are you sure you don’t want the day off?” Jaebum asked worriedly as he walked closer and placed his hand on Youngjae’s forehead. The younger male looked up and shook his head smiling weakly as reassured the elder “i am fine. I am just a bit tired nothing to worry about.” Jaebum nodded and looked down staring at him for awhile.

Youngjae stood frozen as he looked up at Jaebum and felt the other’s warm hand still on his forehead.

 

“Can we get five bowls of ramen?” A voice asked quite irritated as he watched the scene between the two. Youngjae stepped back away from Jaebum and turned towards the customer, his eyes widening as he saw the man from the hotel a week ago. The man was staring intensly at the two, more like glaring mostly at Jaebum.

 

“It will be ready in a bit,” Jaebum said and headed back into the kitchen leaving the two males to stare at each other, the counter being their only separation.

 

“I didn’t think I would ever see you again,” the man said and Youngjae was about to speak when another guy, who looked about younger rushed over next to the man. “Daehyun hyung, what’s taking you so long? I am hungry.”

 

“I’ll be right there Zelo,” Daehyun said as he kept his eyes on Youngjae. Zelo nodded and turned to Youngjae smiling as he introduced himself and left after he shook hands with Youngjae.

 

“Well you know my name now, so do I get the privilege of knowing yours?” Daehyun asked smirking and Youngjae scoffed. “Well last time I checked you didn’t care for people like me,” he said before heading back to the kitchen.

 

    Daehyun sighed feeling something weird inside him as he headed back and joined the other guys he was with. He didn’t have much friends but he was able to meet and become close friends with Himchan, Jongup and Zelo, who all were business partners.

 

“Hyung do you know him?” Jongup asked as soon as Daehyun sat down.

 

“He’s cute,” Himchan said as he glanced at the man who came back out of the kitchen and started wiping the counter. “He is" Zelo and Jongup nodded agreeing while Daehyun snorted shaking his head.

 

“He’s the guy from the incident I told you about and he’s not cute,” Daehyun said as he leaned back in his chair and played with his straw. They sat there and the guys kept talking about Youngjae, whereas, Daehyun was getting annoyed. They finished eating and Daehyun paid before they started heading out. Daehyun stood outside watching as Himchan handed Youngjae his card and talked to him before walking back out. He looked through the window and saw Youngjae was smiling as the man from before walked over and started talking to him. Daehyun didn’t know why but he clenched his fists feeling angry. Youngjae turned around and his smile disappeared as he met Daehyun’s gaze and he didn’t like how quick the other stopped being happy seeing him.  

 

    Youngjae took off his apron, grabbed his bag and bid Jaebum a farewell before heading out as his shift ended half an hour after Daehyun and his friends left. He pulled out the car in his back pocket thinking about how the man Himchan offered him a modeling job to represent his company promotions. He didn’t think highly of himself and wasn’t sure he was the model type, but the money would be helpful towards Taehyung.

 

“You are quite something aren’t you? Acting all innocent and then decieving them the next?” A voice sneered and Youngjae turned to see Daehyun leaning against the building.

 

“I could say the same for you. And don’t you have anything better to do then stalk people?” Youngjae asked as he kept walking not letting the other distract him.

 

“Not really. I am a busy fan but you know I have gotten use to a typical schedule and now it’s different with bothering you, so I will continue to do that,” Daehyun confessed hiding his smile as he walked side by side with Youngjae, who gave him an annoyed face. They walked side by side in silence for awhile. Daehyun honestly had no clue why he was doing this and Youngjae did not mind the other. Daehyun was very confused when he looked up and saw Youngjae walk into a hospital, yet didn’t question it as he followed the other intrigued.

 

“You can leave now. I don’t care if you bother me all day but I have no patience for you at night,” Youngjae said seriously before he continued his way up to a room. Daehyun ignored the other’s remark and kept walking, keeping a distance from the other. He watched as Youngjae stopped in front of a room and took a deep breath before entering. A few moments passed by and Daehyun finally stepped forward and walked to the door. He peeked his head through the slightly open door and felt something inside him stir, as he watched Youngjae hold the hand of the guy on the bed while trying to stop his uncontrollable tears. He stared at the scene, as the memory of his younger self pleading for his mother’s life came back to mind and the same heartbroken expression was engraved in Daehyun’s mind, as he wondered if it was destiny that he unexpectedly encountered lives with Youngjae.