Yes because I know you are the one for me ( بله زیرا من می دانم که شما یکی برای من )

Insensible ( بی شعور )

 

Chapter five: Yes because I know you are the one for me:  بله زیرا من می دانم که شما یکی برای من

    Youngjae held his ground and continued to stare at his opponent, refusing to waiver. He refused to summit and lose control. He felt his eyelids quiver and bit his lip trying to keep himself awake. He opened his eyes wider thinking he it would allow him to focus more on the objective of staying in the game. His eyes suddenly descended and closed on their own as he yawned.

 

“Ha! You lose!” Youngjae looked over at Taehyung who was jumping in joy at his victory and sighed. “Ugh! I swear it’s always at the last moment when I am so close to winning,” Youngjae whined and Taehyung chuckled shaking his head.

 

“So silly, hyung. You always say that.”

 

“Do I?” Youngjae asked pretending to be innocent. Taehyung shook his head not falling for it and Youngjae laughed realizing he lost.

 

“Hyung, can you get me something to eat?”

 

“Sure. I’ll be right back,” Youngjae said and stood up. He grabbed his wallet and headed out of the room. He decided to go out and get something for Taehyung instead of the typical hospital food. He knew that Taehyung was most likely tired of it.

 

    Taehyung sat patiently waiting for Youngjae to return. In his wait, he started watching television when he heard a ring. He looked over to the side to see Youngjae’s phone ringing. He glanced at the caller and indifferently decided to pick up. “Yes hyung? Youngjae hyung is not here. You should know to abide the rules hyung. Youngjae hyung has not decided who he wants to be with.” The male on the other end sighed and was about to speak up when Taehyung wished him a good night, and hung up. Not even a minute later, Youngjae walked back in the room and Taehyung quickly placed the phone back on the side table. He could not let any of their efforts affect Youngjae’s mind. His brother needed time to think and make a decision for who he truly wants to be with. And as his brother, Taehyung would be by his side and help in any way.

 


 

 

“Baekhyun. Baek. Baeki, Baeki. Baeki. Baekhyun love.”

 

“I am awake. You do not have to repeatedly call my name,” Baekhyun groaned and the male besides him chuckled. “I know. I just love calling your name.” Baekhyun shook his head and smiled reaching over to hug his lover.

 

“I love when you do this too,” Chanyeol winked and Baekhyun blushed pulling away.

 

“Get up. We will be late for school,” Baekhyun said rushing off the bed and into the bathroom. Chanyeol smiled amused at the adorable side of his lover. Chanyeol was about to get up when he heard his phone vibrate. He grabbed the phone and his smile instantly disappeared at the sight of the text. It had been weeks since he had been getting texts like this. Chanyeol deleted it and got up to wash up. He could never let Baekhyun discover anything about these messages.

 

“Who messaged you so early?” Baekhyun asked coming out of the bathroom.

 

“No one. It was just spam,” Chanyeol lied and headed into the bathroom. Baekhyun began to change into his uniform when Chanyeol’s phone vibrated again. “Stupid spammers. Why can’t you leave C-” Baekhyun stopped mid-sentence when he read the text that appeared on screen. He felt himself shaking and Baekhyun fell to the floor, the phone still tightly secured in his hand.

 

“Hey Baek-” Chanyeol walked out of the bathroom and his eyes widened in shock at the sight. He slowly walked over and sat besides Baekhyun. He took a deep breath and sighed shaking his head. “Baek, I know what you are thinking, but let me explain. Please.”

 

“Explain,” Baekhyun demanded and Chanyeol shivered. He had never seen this side of his lover. “Baek I-”

 

“I told you to explain!”

 

“Alright. I will tell you my story. But please hear me out.” Baekhyun stayed silent and Chanyeol took it as an initiative to begin his story.

 

    Chanyeol had always been the type to keep to himself and keep his hard hearted demeanor. He came from a small yet respectable family, and Chanyeol had been a country boy from the start. When he was just sixteen he felt many conflicting emotions about whether he was into men or woman. He went to a club one day on his own just to see how things differ from his usual life. He was not, however, expecting to get into a fight with some older men. He was about to become unconscious in the back alley when another man saved him. When Chanyeol woke up the next morning in the stranger’s room, he was not expecting to see a student from his homeroom. Jaehyun had always been a loner and Chanyeol always found himself staring at the other when he was with his friends. Jaehyun had treated his wounds and they spent the morning getting to know more about each other. Over the course of time, Chanyeol felt more than a friendly attraction towards him. They ended up becoming lovers and everything was going well until he vanished one day. Chanyeol at first felt sorrow at the loss, but that sorrow eventually turned into anger and hatred. His family sensed his pain and sadness after a while and decided to send him to the city. He was very reluctant to move to the city because he did not want leave his family behind. His brother and grandfather, however, told him it would be beneficial for his happiness and to better his education. Chanyeol was the center of attention at his new school, as new kids usually are. He befriended the student council president, Lehye, and she slowly helped him overcome the sadness in his heart. One night he drank too much and ended up impregnating Lehye, who went to take him home. Chanyeol felt awful that he took advantage of her and wanted to apologize, but when he went to school the following Monday, she had left. Chanyeol never saw her again and he spent the rest of his days, until present, regretting his mistake, and keeping his distance from anyone.

 

Chanyeol looked over at Baekhyun for any sort of emotion, but sighed upon seeing a stoic expression. He knew his explanation must not have been sufficient enough for the other. He reached over and took his lover’s hands into his own. “Baekhyun I swear I did not know about this until recently. She contacted me a while ago and wanted to meet up.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Okay,” Chanyeol said hesitantly.

 

“I understand. I trust you,” Baekhyun said looking up at Chanyeol smiling softly. He reached over and hugged the taller softly. Chanyeol felt beyond shocked and was at a loss of words.

“I trust you so go meet her.”

 

“Will you come with me?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“I think it is better if you go alone,” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol nodded. “Thank you for understanding.”

 

“Just know that if she tries to steal you, I’ll fight her,” Baekhyun threatened and Chanyeol chuckled leaning forward kissing the smaller forehead. “I know for sure you’ll win,” he smiled thankful for the new blessful light of happiness in his life.

 


 

 

    “Youngjae. Youngjae. Youngjae!” Youngjae snapped out of his thoughts and turned around to see Jaebum staring at him worridly. Youngjae sighed knowing he had mostly like dozed off in his thoughts again. His focus has not been very effective the past few days and he was thankful Jaebum did not say much about it.

 

“I apologize. I will get back to work.”

 

“Jae, you know very well that is not my main concern at the moment. You are. Please tell me why you are like this.” Youngjae sighed but eventually sat down and told Jaebum everything that happened. Jaebum sighed and gave his friend a supportive hug. “If you ever need time off, do not hesitate to ask me.”

 

“Yes sir,” Youngjae saluted and Jaebum shook his head chuckling. “Do not act so cheeky my friend.” Youngjae just laughed and continued on with his work. He felt much better at the moment. Throughout the shift, Youngjae thought some more and realized who he wanted to be with.

 

    Youngjae was waiting for the moment his shift ended because he wanted nothing more than to go home and take a nap. Jaebum, however, had different plans and asked him to close up. Youngjae could not refuse since his friend had been very lenient with him lately. Youngjae was in the midst of wiping tables when he heard the bell chime of the door. “I apologize but we are close-” He stopped as he looked up and noticed who was at the door. “Uh, hi...”

 

“I am sorry. I know you said we should not see each other until you have decided, but I could not help it. I missed you. I really miss you.” Youngjae closed his eyes thinking it was all a dream, but when he opened his eyes again, the man was still standing in front of him.

 

“Look, I-”

 

“No please. Listen to me Youngjae. I know I messed up but I think God gave me this second chance to make it up to you. And I will make sure I seek this to the end. I want to repent my mistakes and make you happy. Will you allow me this opportunity to make it up to you?”

 

"Yes because I know you are the one for me," Youngjae smiled.