Long time no see ( پیدایید )

Insensible ( بی شعور )

Chapter three: Long time no see ( پیدایید )

 

Youngjae sighed once again as he paced around the hospital room. He glanced at Taehyung sleeping and his heart ached at the memory of the doctor reminding Youngjae that the surgery would have to happen quick. The thought of losing Taehyung just broke his heart and he didn’t know what he would do. Daehyun sighed as someone interrupted his sleep with the constant sounds of the phone ringing. “What?” he asked irritated.

 

“Mr. Jung there is a Yoo Youngjae here for you. Shall I let him up sir?” The worker asked and Daehyun immediately sat up.

 

“Let him up,” Daehyun answered before rushing to wash his face and change into some better clothes. He then quickly cleaned up his suite and sat on his couch, grabbing some random book, just as someone knocked on his door. “come in,” he called pretending to read.

 

    Youngjae took a deep breath once again before he entered the room. He walked over to slowly towards Daehyun, who was reading on the couch, and stopped in front of him. He bit his lip trying to hide his smile, finding it quite adorable that Daehyun was reading a romantic novel. Daehyun put the book down and patted the seat next to him, as he looked up at the other. Youngjae complied and sat down next to Daehyun placing his hands in his lap.

 

“I’m sorry for coming so late, but I want you to know that I accept your offer,” Youngjae spoke up quietly and Daehyun wasn’t as relieved as he thought he would be.

 

“Good. I have an office party that I’ll be attending tomorrow, so be here by seven in the morning understand?” he asked harshly and Youngjae nodded trying not to let the other’s tone bother him. He made the decision and he would keep it all for Taehyung.

 

“Good night,” Youngjae bowed before walking towards the door.

 

“Wait! You should stay here. It's late” Daehyun spoke up and Youngjae shook his head “no it's fine. I have to get back to Taehyung”

 

“I don't want to be responsible if something happened to you. Just stay and I'll take you in the morning on the way home “ Youngjae stood still a bit before he nodded as he walked back to the couch. “thank you” he whispered as he sat down. Daehyun bit his lips hiding his smile as he turned the tv on and went back to reading.

 

“Into romance novels I see?” Youngjae questioned with a teasing smile. Donghae blushed slightly as he turned away trying to calm himself down.

 

“Not really. The guys were over you see and Himchan just loves them. When I heard you were coming up, I grabbed the first thing I saw,” he confessed and Youngjae smiled as he spoke “thank you for being honest.”

The two stayed awake on the couch for a couple more hours. They talked about their own lives and learned more about the other. Youngjae felt relieved that he was able to be open again and talk about the feelings he held for so long. Daehyun, as well, surprisingly opened up and told the other some things about his past.

 

“It’s quite late. Shouldn't y-” Daehyun stopped midway as he turned and found Youngjae, curled up against the end of the couch, asleep. Daehyun stared at the other man as many emotions ran through him. He eventually snapped out of it and picked the other up before heading to his bed. He laid Youngjae on the bed and tucked the other in before heading back out. He laid on the couch since his suite didn't have any extra beds. He sighed trying to fall asleep but failed miserably as he couldn't help but think of the sleeping man. “Why do I feel this way? I'm not suppose to feel this way” he reminded himself before drifting off to sleep.

 

 


 

    Baekhyun bit his lip as he lifted his face once again and still found the same mysterious gaze bestowed upon him. He shook his head trying to clear his thoughts and focus on the assignment present in front of him.

 

“Mr. Byun, do you have a problem with the assignment?” The teacher asked and Baekhyun shook his head before finishing the assignment. He looked up and still was met with the mysterious alluring gaze. The man smiled right at him and Baekhyun wasn’t able to look away. Unfortunately, he didn’t realize that someone else was watching him not so happily. Baekhyun quickly packed up his things and was about to leave when someone tapped his shoulder. He looked up and tried to remain calm as Yidoh stood an inch away from him. “Baekhyun let’s have lunch together on the rooftop,” he started but groaned when the teacher called Baekhyun over.

 

“I’ll have lunch with you tomorrow,” he said glancing at Yidoh one last time before walking up to the teacher’s desk. Yidoh noticed his friends waiting and walked outside heading out to lunch with them.

 

“Baekhyun, I have been meaning to ask you this for awhile. Are you alright? It’s not like you to space out during class or not do your assignments properly. Your grades are still wonderful, but I am more concerned about your mental state. I may need to contact your brother because I am not the only teacher who has noticed your change.”

 

“You don’t have to call him, I promise. I have just been worried about finals and all. I can stay during lunch and correct my assignments, and I will talk with the other teachers, as well,” Baekhyun reassured.

 

“Alright, I will give you this last chance. However, if this happens one more time then I will notify your brother,” Mr. Han said and Baekhyun nodded bowing, as his teacher walked out of the room. Baekhyun sat down and pulled his assignments out. He fixed all the assignments and worked on his new ones before he sighed laying his head on the desk.

 

    Chanyeol grabbed some lunch for Baekhyun and himself before he started heading back towards the classroom. He walked in and closed the door before walking up to Baekhyun’s desk. He sat beside the other and found himself smiling. He shook his head wondering what in the world was wrong with him. Why was it that he enjoyed being around the other so much when they had barely known each other? Baekhyun stirred slightly and turned gazing right at him, as he opened his eyes. Baekhyun opened his mouth to speak, but didn’t get a word out when Chanyeol leaned forward and kissed him softly. Baekhyun found himself kissing the other back before they pulled back for a glimpse of air. They stood staring at each other, their breathing the only sound in the room, as if time had stopped when Chanyeol was thrown to the floor. Baekhyun stood in trauma watching Yidoh and his friends attack Chanyeol.

 

“Stop! Please stop! He didn’t do anything Yidoh. Please don’t hurt him,” he begged after getting over the shock. Yidoh stopped and walked up towards Baekhyun while his friends kept going at Chanyeol. Yidoh grabbed Baekhyun and pushed the shorter against the wall, his anger now clearly present.

 

“What’s this? Are you defending some guy you just met over me? I am disappointed Baeki, very disappointed. So, you couldn’t have lunch with me, but you were free to some other guy’s face, huh?” Yidoh spoke keeping his cool for some odd reason. Baekhyun shook his head and hugged Yidoh, as his lip quivered “of course not. I am sorry. I was wrong. Let’s go before the teacher comes back, “ Baekhyun pleaded and Yidoh smirked “of course Baeki. You made the right choice.”

 

    Yidoh’s friends stopped attacking Chanyeol and left the classroom. Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol and felt his heart break when he met the other’s gaze another time. He blinked his tears back and grabbed his bag before turning to Yidoh, who smiled grabbing his hand. He smiled back at the other, as best as he could, despite the aching pain he felt everywhere.

Chanyeol coughed and clutched his stomach in pain, as he tried to sit up. He reached out and held onto a chair for support. He stood up slowly and tried to walk towards the chair when his feet gave up on him, and he collapsed on the floor. “Chanyeol! Chanyeol, are you alright?” Mr. Han asked after he helped Chanyeol on the chair. Chanyeol didn’t answer and Mr. Han helped the other up before wrapping his arm around the taller’s neck.

 

“Are you feeling serious pain anywhere, Chanyeol?” Mr. Han asked again as he took Chanyeol to the nurse. Chanyeol met Baekhyun’s gaze one last time when walking down the hallway and he nodded “yes I am. It hurts like hell.”

 


 

 

    Daehyun sat up in bed alerted, as sounds of laughter ran through the apartment. Daehyun looked around confused, wondering how he ended up in his bed. He washed up and showered before changing into a pair of comfortable shorts and t-shirt. He walked out of the room and groaned seeing the source of laughter.

 

“My, my, such negativity so early in the morning,” Himchan mocked.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” He asked sitting on the couch in between Jongup and Junhong. Before anyone could answer, Youngjae walked in with a tray full of food. “Enjoy,” he said placing the food on the table before smiling at Daehyun, “morning.” Daehyun watched shocked as his friends all ate and chatted with Youngjae as if they were best friends. Youngjae stopped talking with Himchan and Yongguk, and turned to Daehyun tilting his head to the side, “aren’t you going to eat?”

 

“Oh yeah. Thanks for the food,” he said and smiled before eating. The others chuckled while Youngjae blushed as Daehyun kept complimenting him over the food. After they finished eating, Youngjae took all the dishes and washed them. He also tidied up the house a little before he walked out to the guys, who were talking business in the living room.

 

“Um, Daehyun sshi, do you mind if I go visit Taehyung before you take me out to get ready?” Youngjae asked hesitantly.

 

“Of course you can visit your brother,” Himchan spoke up but Youngjae smiled at the other though he was worried while looking at Daehyun. Daehyun looked up at the other and nodded smiling, “of course you can.” Youngjae’s smile brightened making all the others in the room smile.

 

“Thank you. I’ll be back after I give him his meals for the day,” Youngjae said grabbing the bags on the counter. He then turned and bowed at all of them before heading to the hospital.

 

“Daehyun, I may be your friend, but I am gonna have to kill you if you hurt him.” Himchan spoke up and the other guys all nodded. Daehyun sighed and groaned as he laid on the couch knowing he would have to make up for his cold behavior.  

 


 

 

    Youngjae smiled as he entered the hospital building and went to check in. He missed Taehyung a lot even though he was only apart for only a day. He walked up to the nurse’s station and bowed. She smiled and greeted him.

 

“There is a visitor for Taehyung,” she spoke as he was about to walk away. Youngjae looked at her confused “visitor?”

 

“Yes. He came about five minutes ago. He’s a nice young man who said he was your-” She wasn’t able to finish as Youngjae rushed to Taehyung’s room. His eyes widened seeing the backside of a man, who stood in front of the sleeping Taehyung. The man with curly yet soft brown locks turned, smiling and smirking, as his gaze bestowed upon Youngjae. He bit his light pink lips and kept his eyes locked with Youngjae as he spoke, “Long time no see, my love.”