Fix Me

SeulRene Drabbles - Alternate Universes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a blur and everything just went from full color to black and white.

Seulgi wakes up and feels pain shoot all over her body. It starts from her legs and spreads to her back. Her fingers clutch to the bed sheets as she feels the sting just on her leg making groan in pain.

“Hey… Hey… Rest up Ddeulgi… You just had a very, very rough day.” Wendy rushes to her side and tries to comfort her by holding her hand.

“You just got hit by a car, Seulgi. You broke your leg but the operation was successful. You’ll be able to stand in no time after a few…”

Seulgi tries to bend her knee but feels more pain by doing so.

“AGGGGH!”

Wendy panics and Yeri joins her to check if the button for morphine was available. She presses and they both watch as their friend sighs in relief.

A tear escapes Wendy’s eye as Seulgi falls back onto her bed.

Her eyes grew weary and soon enough, Seulgi was falling to sleep.

“It’s going to be alright Seulgi. You’ll get through everything. You will be alright.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

“Good day Doctor Jung!” Irene arrives early and sees the rows of chart in Krystal’s table.

“I have to assign you to someone, since you are my bubbliest therapist.”

“You need a bubbly therapist?” Irene smiles as Krystal hands her a chart.

Kang Seulgi

Occupation: Professional Dancer

 “The patient got into an accident. She got hit by a car after breaking up with her girlfriend. We expect that she will be unwilling to do her part on the healing process.”

“Aw… This injury could have broken her career.”

“It still could.”

Irene frowns as she reads more details of the accident.

“I leave her in your care Irene. Try to fix this one okay?” Krystal smiles and gives her a pat on the back.

 

@@@@@@@

 

The woman was still asleep when she came in. From the looks of it, she was extremely attractive.

Irene could really use a prayer by now. But it seems impossible. Kang Seulgi was really a cutie. It was a detail that was left unaccounted purposely by Doctor Jung.

“I hate you Krystal Jung…” She mumbles with her eyes closed.

When she opened her eyes, Seulgi was stirring awake.

“Good Morning!” She greets chirpily but the patient merely mumbles something incoherent and turns away from her, facing the window.

Ignoring the cold reception, the young therapist opens the curtains letting the sunshine come inside the room.

“I am Irene. I’ll be your physical therapist.”

“Why do I need one?”

“You are in the process of healing Seulgi. And in order for your leg to heal better you need therapy. The surgery had gone well and your wounds healing. We just need your muscles to stretch properly so movement won’t be as stiff.”

“All I hear is blah blah blah…” Seulgi snapped and growled at her.

Irene paid no mind. This was her job. She will see this through!

“Now that you have the energy, let’s begin!”

 

@@@@@@@

 

Seulgi gritted her teeth while Irene tried to slightly move her leg in a series of motions. The therapist had tried to be patient with her. But the hurt shows from time to time.

“Stop! Stop!” Seulgi complains and sighs as she falls flat on her bed.

It had been a week of therapy, and despite the patient’s dark outlook, Irene sees improvement.

“Okay, we rest for a while.”

“Now she tells me!” Seulgi responds sarcastically.

“A few more exercises later and you’ll be able to use Mr. Walker soon.”

“Can you please stop with the sunny and cheerful remarks? Because really, what good would it do? I won’t be able to dance for a very, very long time!”

Irene tries not to get sunk into Seulgi’s dark side and stays cheerful.

“You will dance again Seulgi. I can even help you out with the therapy so you can gradually do it. Just wait for Mr. Walker and Mr. Cane to be done with you.”

“SHUT UP!! Why do you have to name those things? They aren’t people, they are things! And why do you have to this huh? You think this will be good for me? You think you know me? You think you know what I feel? Let me tell you what I feel!” Seulgi sat up, ignoring the fact that it shot pain through her spine.

Irene frowns, feeling that Seulgi thinks she was only saying it without meaning it.

“But you can!” She blurts out but not without sounding too personal.

Perhaps it did.

She wanted Seulgi to get better.

But the love lost seemed more important to her patient that the life she has in front of her.

“I watched your performance videos! You have a future ahead of you if you only stick to the program. You are getting better Seulgi! If only you look at what’s good for you and not what’s hurting you!”

“I don’t need you to tell me how to live my life! My life ended when that cheated on me! My life ended when she stopped loving me!”

Irene rushes to Seulgi, surprising her when her arms wrapped around her shoulder.

It had been a while since she was hugged even by her family her friends.

She was closed off.

“Please Seulgi. I’m not going to lose you over this ordeal. I have never failed my patients. I…”

Ir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter