The Princess and I Part 2

SeulRene Drabbles - Alternate Universes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her intense stare didn’t go unnoticed by her girlfriend. Irene watched tentatively as the Princess of Tenousei eyes the house in front of her.

It was fairly a large house with a flower garden in front. It didn’t look run down. However, you would notice the age of the house was visible. It was well kept and properly renovated to reinforce some of the old foundations.

It emits familiar warmth that Seulgi tries to take in.

 

“It’s not a castle, Seulgi. But I hope its fine.” Arms cling on to the Princess’ and there was a sudden shift in her demeanor.

 

Her eyebrows furrowed.

Her expression, serious

 

“I am not worried about the accommodations, Joohyun.”

“Then why are you staring at my parents’ house like you’re about to send a nuclear bomb on it?”

 

Behind them nine men simultaneously clear their throats as their eyes focused on anything but the couple. If there was someone scarier than the Princess herself, it was her girlfriend.

Suho found the courage and moved forward to speak. Irene raised her eyebrow while Seulgi remained like a statue from where they stood.

“Your Father is peeking through the windows Miss Bae. I assure you the Princess had already recognized his presence and is aware of where his eyes are. The Princess would not have any intention to destroy the house. However, your Father looks like he would want to cut off the Princess’ head.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

Seulgi sat straight on the sofa while Irene’s Father paced around. The living room was not enough to hold all the current residents of the house and the unexpected visitors. So without her nine bodyguards, Seulgi was left with only Irene to protect her.

 

“This woman is the reason you were taken hostage?”

 

Irene rolls her eyes. Regardless of the past, she can’t seem to bury them away. It had already been three months into their relationship. There were absolutely no signs that Irene was in danger.

 

Seulgi made sure of it.

 

“Dad, it wasn’t her fault.”

“To hell it is.”

 

Seulgi looked up with a blank expression towards the person who she would soon have to call father-in-law. That is if she eloped with Bae Joohyun. The bodyguards outside peeked through the window, unsure if it was safe to continue to leave their Princess on her own.

When they saw that Irene took her hand, all nine men turned away.

 

Irene would never let anything harm their Princess.

Except perhaps Irene herself

 

“She was the one who saved me. She came here in good faith, to apologize and talk to you. Give her a chance.”

“Can’t she speak for herself? Do you have to talk on her behalf? She may be a Princess in her country, but this is my house. My castle, she has no power to overrule me here.”

“Dad… She would if you stop glaring at her every breath…”

 

Irene was about to stand up and leave with her girlfriend but Seulgi tugged her back.

The Princess stood up and bowed 90 degrees towards the old man.

A gesture that may earn Irene’s Father death if she was in Tenousei

 

“I would like to apologize for having to be a part of putting your daughter in danger. It wasn’t my intention. Hurting her would be the last thing I would want to do.”

 

Irene’s Father scoffed but with Irene’s eyes begging him to hear Seulgi out, the old man had no choice.

 

“I love your daughter with all my heart. And I would do anything you ask of me to be deserving of her love. I would do anything. But please do not ask me to leave her for I cannot. That is one thing I do not have the heart to do.”

 

There was silence. Seulgi blinked before trying to look up to her girlfriend’s father and saw confusion brewing in his eyes.

Irene helped her stand up straight and carefully takes her hand.

 

“Did I say anything wrong?” Seulgi asks in a hushed whisper, eyes now looking confused as well.

Irene merely smiled and waited for her father to leave for the kitchen. Once out of sight, she tiptoes and kisses Seulgi’s cheek.

 

“You did nothing wrong. You were absolutely perfect.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

“Should I be doing chores for their family?” Seulgi asked as she walked with her hand behind her in the Bae’s garden.

 

Sehun looked over to Baekhyun, who in turn looked over to Suho.

Why must he be the one to make the suggestions?

Suho nudged Kai who drops his phone.

 

“Well, Princess, it is not customary anymore to do chores for Koreans.”

“Then what should I do?”

“Perhaps just help out in any way you can. I’m sure there is plenty to do in the kitchen.”

 

Seulgi pondered the thought but hissed.

 

“Hyun would not even allow me to handle dishes.”

 

Her bodyguards tried and brainstormed during the rest of the day. In the end, Seulgi still didn’t have anything to offer the older Bae.

 

Night arrives and Seulgi still sat upright in the sofa. Her eyes were glued to the television while Irene’s sister watched what seemed to be a drama. Minutes later, they were joined by Irene and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter