Her Little Secret

SeulRene Drabbles - Alternate Universes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If the slamming of the doors were any indication, Joohyun could clearly guess that her parents weren’t too happy about what she had just confessed.

It wasn’t anyone’s fault really.

The girl just had to be irresistibly cute and lovable for her to just ignore.It did help that the girl’s good looks and demeanor were worth it too. The fact that the same girl wooed her in secret made it more romantic. Joohyun felt it was along the lines of Romeo and Juliet. If not for her, that girl would have been a heartthrob if she wasn’t already.

Of course, Joohyun is not one to share pretty things and her girlfriend is definitely a pretty thing.  Unfortunately for her, until her parents accept the fact, she would have to hide the relationship from the public to give her parents firsthand knowledge. Technically they already know the relationship exists. It was just how the public would accept it for her family. That acceptance was what she was waiting for to come true; her parents’ willingness to stand by her side no matter what people say. She prays, that one day her parents see that their relationship real and special. Besides, history shows that Houses don’t make who the person is.

The heart does.

As the first day for the new term nears, Joohyun’s heart starts to swell. The distance had been painful and with her girlfriend travelling the longing wasn’t any less.Since they don’t date in public, it didn’t make her fonder of the thought.

 

How are you Hyunnie? I’ll be back in London in two weeks. Maybe it could be earlier, who knows? I wish I could call you but security details have really been tight. I hope your parents would allow you to at least have one date with me before we go back to school. I really miss you.

 

Joohyun falls back on her bed as she rereads the message. International messages were limited to her KaKao Talk but at least she gets regular updates. It was more than soothing for her with the distance. But then again, that alone makes her miss her girlfriend even more.

 

I think it’s still early in the morning there. Are you sure you are my girlfriend? Because my girlfriend loves sleeping the days off.

 

Not when this girl misses her girlfriend. I couldn’t even sleep right…

 

Sweet talker… When is your flight back? I really miss you…

 

I miss you too… More than you’ll ever know… I think I’d bruise your lips when I see you…

 

Joohyun blushes at the thought because her girlfriend kisses well. The soft caresses and those gentle bites, they had always sent electricity down her spine; warming and taking her breath away.

 

I could hardly wait.

 

I’ll send you details tomorrow. My mother still has my ticket. I think she still has meetings with the representatives from Dubai tomorrow. I can tell you then if she makes an earlier booking.

 

Okay. I really want to talk to you some more but I am starting to fall asleep.

 

You should rest then. Message me when you wake up. I love you.

 

I love you too. I miss you so much.

 

I miss you too. I’ll be there soon. I love you… Dream of me, Hyunnie.

 

Joohyun closes the application and sees their picture on her wallpaper. She smiles and set the device aside. A few more days, she keeps in mind.

A few more days and they will be together again.

 

@@@@@@@

 

I’m really sorry Hyunnie. Please don’t get mad.

 

You promised you’ll be home before the week ends.

 

There was another delay. The Minister of Magic had some assignments for my parents. I’m not doing this on purpose. I don’t want it either!

 

Excuses! Don’t come back home at all! Don’t go back to school!

Angrily she throws her phone to the side, almost breaking it.

Joohyun was hurting.

She should be more understanding but Joohyun misses her girlfriend so much, she finds it hard every day. Even the simplest, plausible reasons weren’t enough for her anymore.

It would have been alright if they can spend that much time in school. But with their , it was going to be impossible. Her being in a Prefect and her girlfriend being in the Quidditch team didn’t give them that much alone time either.

Not to mention they were doing it in secret.

Tears kept falling as she falls asleep. She does not see the message her girlfriend sends till the next day.

 

I will make it up to you Hyunnie. Have patience a little while longer… I love you…

 

@@@@@@@

 

The usual scenes were fine as Joohyun’s parents drop her off at the train station. Of course our young wizard was still in the slumps.

Girlfriend deprived, Joohyun could only watch the other students mingle amongst themselves.

They are silly.

Really they are.

These third years have no respect for their seniors and they have no regard for tradition and protocol. This batch of third years was the silliest and the dorkiest bunch of them all if Joohyun could say so herself.

Why she even associated herself with a few of them, Joohyun doesn’t really know.

While waiting to board, Joohyun notices one student was trying a hex senior while the other gives a distraction;Sooyoung from Slytherin and Yerim from Ravenclaw. Joohyun should note because those two are bound to paint the town red with their pranks this coming term.

“Joohyun!”

Finally some sound comfort in this frustrating day. Before the owner of the voice appears in the midst of a sea of people, she turns and catches a glimpse of a girl getting inside the train. Eyes soften but as soon as the girl disappears, her eyes grew serious once more.

“You should learn to take things lightly Joohyun.” Seungwan tugged her cheeks forcing her to smile.

She pushes the girl but gets a hug. Joohyun could only give in because Seungwan wouldn’t be stopped anyway.

“So how was the vacation?”

“Boring…”

“Oh come on. I did message you every day.”

“Let’s stop with the chitchat and just get back into the train.”

“Why are you so grumpy today, grandma? Frustrated much?”

“Shut up Seungwan and board. The train leaves in a few.” Joohyun says in finality as she drags the younger girl inside.

Eyes were on them but Joohyun had already grown accustomed to it. Since her announcement as Prefect, the attention got even more intense. She would have probably had a lot of suitors. But luckily for her, the students think she is in a relationship. It rounded up her suitors to zilch. With her cold aura, you can even make it negative if possible.

Unattainable Bae Joohyun

But that didn’t stop curious souls to try and find her mate.

Some say it was Seungwan.

Others say it was the Slytherin co-school emcee,Bogum.

People just had to assume because Joohyun would not confirm anything. She had no intention of saying anything for that matter.

Not until her parents acknowledge the fact.

“There wasn’t much room today. We’re sharing with some Hufflepuff members hope that’s okay. They are a bit rowdy,Quidditchplayers.”

Joohyun frowned but she knew she had no other choice. It was highly probable to be around such jocks when she was with Seungwan. She is, after all, the Gryffindor’s seeker.

“Seulgi! Mind if we join you?”

“Of course we don’t mind Seungwan! Everything for the… oh, hello, Joohyun...” Seulgi smiles a little and then turns to continue her discussions with the rest of the team.

The other girl seemed uninterested with her arrival. Not that Joohyun cares by the way.

The trip lasted like forever and Joohyun found herself bored once more. She would glance at the players casually chatting about nonsense, typical as she would put it. Seungwan joined them and occasionally did small talks with Joohyun. Her eyes dart to Kang Seulgi but the latter would not even turn her way.Not that Joohyun was hoping she would. Closing her eyes she tries to rest.

The rest of the people can just go on and burn the minutes away.

The trip was almost at an end when girls started to flock their car.

They were practically all looking for Kang Seulgi.

Kang Seulgi was in Seungwan’s class, a Hufflepuff. She was a very charismatic girl and, as described, oozing with appeal. Some may say that she has little or limited knowledge of things intellectual. But then again her bravery and perseverance made her one of the top students in her year.

It wouldn’t be a surprise to see how popular she was.

As theHufflepuff Captain merely smiles and gives out autographs, Joohyun watched in distaste but didn’t say a word.

A girl approaches and somewhat requests that Seulgi take a picture with her. Their eyes meet and it seemed that the Seulgi wasn’t at ease with what she was doing.

Joohyun thinks The Captain was just trying to be courteous to her fans.

But it was really getting crowded.

“I hope the train stops and she falls on the floor face first…”

The mumbling didn’t go unheard by Seungwan but the younger girl was quick to reply.

“If she does, she falls on Soojung. Would you l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter