The Princess and I

SeulRene Drabbles - Alternate Universes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was her first State Dinner and she smiled like a child on Christmas. She had the prettiest dress made and her brother doted on her nonstop. She was really beautiful. If only their mother was still alive. She would have been very proud. Her father descends from the staircase as the rest of the hall clapped their hands.

The King has always been adored by his subjects as well as by the rest of the government leaders around their country. Tenousei had always been prosperous under Kang Minhyuk’s rule making its people thriving and wealthy. The siblings Prince Seung-yoon and Princess Seulgi were expected to continue this legacy and rule with the same fairness their forefathers have put into service.

Today, the King was being given an award from providing the much needed service to the kingdom’s senior citizens. Something the Princess had suggested.

The siblings sit quietly on their thrones as their Father gave his speech. They watched with eyes filled with pride and lips with happiness.

Pity

It was the last one he would ever give.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Irene Bae hurried up a flight of stairs almost out of breath. The 25 floors was her Everest at the moment. It was really important to get into the office in time, but the elevators decided they had to have maintenance for the day. Irene Bae will conquer this challenge. She will reach their floor in time for the briefing. Being in the President’s staff was definitely a struggle, considering there were a lot to take care off.

It was a month long celebration and guests were expected.

The Princess of Tenousei was to make an official visit to Korea along with other heads of state. Irene, for her part, was tasked to take care of the arrangements for the Princess. Unfortunately for her, it was turning out to be a bad day right from the start.

“Irene! You look like hell!” Joy yells from the other side of the room as Yeri passes her by.

“Tell me about it!” Irene yells back as she searches for Wendy.

The staff was already going crazy. The plane was landing within 30 minutes and they haven’t booked a limousine to drive the Princess around.

“What to do? What to do?” Wendy bangs her head on the desk while the phones around her kept on ringing around her.

The vehicles are all taken and the spare ones were still being fixed in the dealership. They had to think fast. Irene face palmed as she stared at the clock. The Princess was due to arrive in a few minutes and counting.

“I have an idea!” Irene beams and Wendy felt she was going to throw up because of the sudden release of stress.

 

@@@@@@@

 

A young maiden wearing a white dress descends from the private plane with nine bodyguards in tow. Korea’s skyline had always had her in awe despite the bustling city. The soft smile graces her lips.

Her father would have loved to visit the country like he always had.

After all, it was the country where he met the future queen. She was known to be the actress who later on gave up the spotlight to become the queen of Tenousei.

To give birth to them

To be a fulltime mother and wife

An accident in Seoul took her life when the Princess was seven. A memory the young Royal wishes to forget. It had been years since she set foot on Korean soil. Unlike her brother, she dreaded it, avoided it as long as she could. It robbed her of a life with a mother holding her tight in her arms.

A life little girls dream of growing up

She hated it.

But she wouldn’t say it out loud.

All things must be faced head on as they say. Here she is about to set foot on the country she vowed not to visit. Since her brother was about to get married, the Princess had to make an appearance in his place.

A duty the Princess of Tenousei cannot avoid.

Seulgi got down from her jet while the rest of her entourage brought her luggage. Nine men stood handsomely around her. Sehun, Suho, Chen and Lay were in front of her. Minseok, Kai, Chanyeol, D.O. and Baekhyun stood behind her. They are the Nine Tenousian bodyguards that also act as knights for the Princess. Men ready to give their lives for the Royals. They grew up and have earned the trust of the Prince and Princess of Tenousei over the years. They are also people whom Seulgi considers her friends.

The Princess’ bodyguards mumble as they find no vehicle for the Princess. D.O. immediately fishes for his phone to make a call to the ambassador. The Princess should not be shamed this way.

Without regard, Seulgi eyes the tarmac and finds a purple Volkswagen Beetle hanging around. A lady stands beside it. From the looks of it she was distressed. Seulgi notes that the woman wore a white blouse and a black pencil skirt. She nervously wipes the dust off from time to time before finally looking up to show her face.

Seulgi had to stop walking as those eyes met hers. The bodyguards eye her curiously before their own eyes land on the unknown lady.

“Princess… Please accept our deepest apologies for the vehicle. There was shortage on vehicles of the quality intended for you. We would be continuing to make arrangements to procure one for you use. For now, please humbly accept my own vehicle.” The woman bows and Seulgi could only take off her sunglasses.

When the woman finally stood up, those eyes met hers and Seulgi felt time stop.

The Princess fights the strange feeling and furrows her brows.

“I have nine men with me. How do you expect them to fit there?”

“Oh, uhm… I will be taking you to the hotel first with your most trusted bodyguards and a few of your luggage. I’ll come back for the rest.”

Seulgi turns to look to her right and Kai immediately moves forward.

“Call the hotel. Tell them we would need a bus for the rest. You and Suho come with me.” Seulgi turns to her left.

“Baekhyun, I trust you would take care of the others.”

“Yes, Princess.”

“Now, Miss?” Seulgi turns her eyes towards the woman in front of her now stiff as a tree.

Was she scary?

Seulgi sighs and breathes out before letting out a soft chuckle.

“Should I call you Bunny? You look like a rabbit.”

Her bodyguards tried not to laugh but ended up failing miserably. Seulgi found it adorable that the woman blushed cutely in embarrassment.

“My apologies, it had been a long flight. I am much more relaxed than I seem to be. Your vehicle may not be the usual but it would be fine.”

“Bae.” The woman mumbles and Seulgi smiles.

“Irene Bae.”

“Well then, Miss Bae. Kindly take me to my hotel. I really need a shower.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

Irene arrives in the staff office completely drained. Who knew the Princess was so naughty?

Granted the woman didn’t try anything on Irene but she endlessly. Irene could still feel her embarrassment at the lame jokes she had to laugh at.

Far from the serious persona the media seemed to have created about her. If she wasn’t a Princess, Irene would have dated her.

Okay, where did that idea come from?

Irene shakes her head and smiles at her friends.

“How was it? Are you going to lose our jobs?” Wendy asked like a machine gun obviously running on too much caffeine.

The rest were also anticipating the answer.

Everything did actually rest on Irene and her boring Purple Beetle.

“She was okay with it. She’s currently safe and sound in her hotel. The rest of the entourage waited for the hotel bus.”

The staff sighed realizing Irene just saved their jobs.

“Okay, let’s get this right people. We don’t want to abuse the Princess’ kindness. Get her the best! Come on! Come on!” Taeyeon yells and the room was bustling again.

The staff supervisor turns to Irene who was now sitting on the couch with her legs stretched.

“Go home Irene, you did well today. You know, saving all our jobs. Rest because you have a big day ahead. You’re going to be the one to help the Princess for the state dinner for tomorrow.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

The light in her room was still open and the day was almost saying its goodbye. It was already usual for the Princess to not sleep on time especially after a flight. Nonetheless the bodyguards cared enough to let her know that. Lay appears by her bedroom door with Minseok in tow.

“Princess…”

Seulgi looks up from her laptop and takes her glasses off.

“You should get some rest. It is a big day tomorrow.”

“Have Chen and D.O returned yet?”

“No, Princess. But I have received a message telling me the Kaiousei contingent arrived just an hour ago.”

Seulgi sets aside her laptop and stood up. The two bodyguards watched as the Princess stared out the window.

Her eyes seemed too far away.

“Let me know if he is there. He has to be there or else everything else would not matter.”

“As you wish, Princess…”

Minseok leaves the glass of milk by the coffee table before leaving Seulgi’s room. Lay was about to turn and leave as well when the young Princess called for him.

“And Lay…”

“Yes Princess?”

“Call for Sehun. I’m going out.”

Lay knew better than to defy the Princess. Reluctantly he nods and confirms to carry out the request.

 

@@@@@@@

 

The alarm blares and Irene sleepily turns it off. Her eyes peeked at the time and she groans knowing she couldn’t waste time in bed today.

Especially not today

She turns the television on as she rummages through her fridge. Reminding herself to buy groceries later in the day, Irene’s eyes get caught as the news came on.

We interrupt your regular programming for this new update. The ambassador to Tenousei has just been killed last night in his own home. No word from authorities on the details. But there have been already speculations that the ambassador maybe been caught in a cross fire because of his involvement in certain illegal activities. We recall that last year, the ambassador was caught alongside with his entourage bringing in heavy weapons from the North. This was later on dismissed and to date considered a mere hoax. With the Princess of Tenousei in the country, we expect Tenousei to make a statement within the day as well as a replacement.

Irene chews slowly and sighs afterwards. This was going to be a long day for her.

 

@@@@@@@

 

“You wake her up.” Suho pushes Chanyeol who immediately walks backwards.

“There is no way in hell I’ll be waking her up!”

“Come on sissy!”

“Shut up dwarf!”

“Sissy!”

“Guys!” Baekhyun face palms as he points to Seulgi who was already stirring awake.

They all sigh in relief only to find a gash by the Princess’ shoulder.

“Oh my god!” The trio turned to the voice and Irene Bae just made her presence known.

But not without seeing the wound on Seulgi’s shoulder.

Slowly the Princess opened her eyes and finds Irene being held back by Suho and Chanyeol. She was trying to make a call from her phone.

“Let go! I have to call an ambulance! I will lose my job!”

“But we will lose ours if you do that!” Suho argues as he tries to reach for the phone.

“Suho…” Seulgi calls out weakly as they all turn to look at the Princess.

Kai took advantage and grabbed Irene’s phone.

“HEY!”

“I’m sorry Miss Bae. We have to protect the Princess’ privacy.”

“Privacy or not, do you see that wound? It would need stitches! If the Princess dies because of infection I am not just going to lose my job, I am going to die!” Irene argued now red in anger.

Seulgi smiles at the thought. No one ever talked to her bodyguards that way. People swoon at how they look, usually forgetting that the Princess is the priority. She was thankful for having Miss Bae this time.

She took her job seriously and Seulgi finds it cute.

“Leave us.” Seulgi says weakly before falling into bed.

Seulgi tried to sit up and her eyes landed on Irene who was still standing worriedly in place. The Princess extends her hand and motions the woman to come nearer.

“I don’t bite Miss Bae. I just need help standing up.”

Irene immediately runs to her side and Seulgi feels warmth as those arms wrapped around her waist. They secured her, supported her as she stood up. Irene seemed to have forgotten, Seulgi was only wearing her night gown until those eyes dropped to her chest.

The woman blushed instantly and her eyes found all the rest interesting except for Seulgi.

“My brother always told me they were too small to be for a woman. He even asked me if I was sure that I was not a guy.”

“I think the Princess has enough to be considered a beautiful woman.”

Seulgi smiles and places her arms around Irene’s neck.

“Well then, would you mind helping me get into the tub so we can finally get this show started? Don’t mind the gash, Minseok can do the stitches himself when he arrives.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

Irene watched silently as the Princess shook hands with the other diplomats. She seems to have attracted a crowd, not that Irene minded. She noted how Suho and Kai kept their distance. Those two must be the most trustworthy of them all to be the ones always near her.

She then feels two people standing beside her. Looking up she finds Lay and D.O. smiling at her.

“She will be alright Miss Bae. Thank you for helping Minseok this morning.”

“She can be a baby when it comes to stitches. We were surprised she didn’t complain much.”

“Where did she get the injuries by the way?” Irene asked as her eyes fell onto the Princess.

Seulgi was wearing a black long sleeved, turtleneck dress that covered that nasty wound. Irene found it hard to keep her eyes off of the Princess seeing that the dress hugged her figure perfectly coupled with her unending smooth legs.

“Guys?” She asked again when she didn’t hear a respond.

Irene looks up and so a change in Lay’s and D.O.’s eyes. She turns to Seulgi and the woman was now standing in front of the King of Kaiousei.

“That is the leader of the kingdom right beside yours right?” Irene asks but receives nothing.

She scans for the rest of the bodyguards and they were all standing stiff, eyes sharply gazing at the man standing in front of the Princess. Suho and Kai had their hands balled into fists.

Irene purses her lips.

Perhaps there was something she would be better off not knowing.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Seulgi came out of her room wearing black jeans and a shirt. Her hands were about to reach for something under her bed when Suho appeared.

“I think you should rest Princess. We will do the task ourselves. Your wounds have yet to heal.”

“Is Minseok better?”

“Yes Princess. He was only worried about your safety. He will be back in full capacity by the end of the two days.”

“Thank you.”

“Princess… I know it has already been a year, but you have to stop putting justice into your hands.” Suho fidgets but knew Seulgi would not take it into offense.

She knows they care.

“I have to Suho. It keeps me sane.”

“When you are done mourning the Lady Yewon, please do let other people enter your heart. We love and care for you Princess. We only wish for you to be happy.”

“Thank you Suho. I mean it. Make sure he doesn’t make any more problems.”

“I will make sure of it.”

Suho was about to turn to leave when he saw Irene walking in the premises. Since their hotel room was like a two floor apartment, Suho could see how the woman interacts with the other bodyguards around her. He then glances at the Princess who was now taking a phone call.

“Sehun!” He yells and his friend looks up.

“Come up, I have something for you to do.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

She can’t believe it.

Really she can’t find herself even if she tried.

Just below her, Sehun, Lay and Seulgi were playing console games while Minseok and D.O. managed the kitchen.

Is this a Princess’ hotel room or a frat house?

Her demeanor didn’t go unnoticed as Seulgi won the race. Lay and Sehun were still battling it out so she decided to sit beside the woman who immediately turned to her.

“I hope everything is alright Miss Bae. This is normal for us. You should get used to it.”

“You are definitely not a usual Princess.”

“Well, if you get to know me better, you’ll find out I’m really more than a typical Princess Miss Bae…” Seulgi smiles but then everyone gets surprised with Irene’s answer.

“I would love to…” The woman seemed awestruck and Minseok tried to hold back a chuckle.

Sehun and Lay dropped their controllers while D.O. just smiled.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Seulgi looks at the news blast as Chanyeol and Baekhyun p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter