Why She Won't See Me

SeulRene Drabbles - Alternate Universes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bae Joohyun has a problem.

A very, very delicate problem

You see, Bae Joohyun works at a laundry shop that her family owns in Seoul. It provides one of the best services in town. Stars even go to them to have their laundry done. But this shop is no ordinary shop. It was one part service, one part rental. The first part is where her brother spends most of his time working. He takes the laundry and asks the rest of the staff to handle the cleaning. The other part was where Joohyun dreamily stares at the bear-like girl who rents number 23 washing machine.

From where she was sitting, she swears the girl sometimes watches her.

Or at least

Joohyun wishes she notices her.

Her brother, Suho, would joke how delusional she was because it had been months and the girl didn’t say a word to his sibling.

She was always like clockwork every Friday of every week visiting their shop to do her laundry. Joohyun would stare at the girl and just have her heart broken whenever she was done for the day’s laundry.

Out of the utter need to know the client’s name, Joohyun asked Seungwan, her best friend, to take her place as she tries to closer to the girl renting washing machine 23.

She pretends to have brought a load, face covered with a scarf. Carefully, Joohyun takes a seat beside her girl-crush and smiled.

If the girl can’t get more adorable, Joohyun was able to see her serene and beautiful face. The light snoring would have been a deal breaker but no.

The fact even surprised Joohyun because she still finds the girl endearing. Her eyes dart to Seungwan who had this knowing smile on her face. Of course Joohyun could not take information from a sleeping girl.

It would be a form of harassment. She would not take advantage of the girl in such a state.

So with the cold air blowing and possibly chilly atmosphere, Joohyun takes the scarf off and gently places it around her girl-crush’s neck. She was careful not to wake her up. Walking back to the counter, she frowns a little.

She didn’t come close to learning anything about her that day.

Or the next days after that

There was one time Joohyun, out of forced courage from her brother, decided she would at least acknowledge their frequent customer by a nod or a wave.

It is nothing to be taken lightly for Bae Joohyun.

Everything she does concerning the girl is NEVER to be taken lightly.

Before the dreaded day, Joohyun asked Sooyoung, her other best friend to teach her how to wave.

A wave that doesn’t show her desperate feelings

A wave that doesn’t show needy she was for her girl-crush’s attention.

Bae Joohyun was the type of person to practice till the action was perfect to a tee. Thing is she did pratice so hard, Seungwan and Sooyoung laughed at her dedication.

It was just a wave and we could all act a little dorky sometimes.

But to Joohyun the timing is not categorized to ‘sometimes.’ It was like their first meeting, at least their first probable attestation that they DO know the other exists.

To Joohyun it should be perfect.

The girl with a beautiful smile was worth the effort.

Or so she thinks.

The day arrived and Joohyun could feel the pounding in her chest. She could hear her heart beat so loud it reaches her ears. The girl wasn’t in yet but she was sure she would appear at any moment.

True enough the customer arrives but had her phone in her ear.

She didn’t go to the other side of the laundry shop and instead walked over to Suho’s counter.

The girl wasn’t doing the laundry today.

Joohyun frowns even more when her girl-crush gave her brother a smile and shook her hand.

It should have been her.

She sulks behind the counter and watches as the customer left.

Why didn’t she notice the girl was all dressed up?

A date

That was all Joohyun could think of.

She sits down and whines disappointedly in a corner.

She didn’t see her brother walk up to her.

She didn’t see right away what he was wav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter