Park Jimin

This is Life
park jimin.

“Hwang Ahreum, I need to talk to your guardian tomorrow. If your mother or father is not around, atleast send someone who can guide you.”

For the nth time, this student of mine failed my test. It wasn’t just a simple quiz but she failed her midterms. I don’t believe that there are dumb and stupid people here in this world, I only believe that laziness is the number one source of failing grades.

I became a Physical Education teacher 2 years ago and I can already feel the headache but I can’t give up on my students who really needs help and attention.

The next morning, I went to the conference room to meet the guardian of my student but I was surprised when she said,

“Aren’t you that Park Jimin of BTS?”

I was so surprised that there’s still someone who knows me. It has been seven years and many good groups debuted. There are fans who transferred to other fandoms just because we are getting old, but I’m still thankful to them because without our fans, BTS is nothing.

Those were the days.

I gave her a nod before scratching my nape, I’m a little shy when it comes to this.

“Ahh, I’m a fan. Actually, until now but yeah you guys disbanded but I still support your group.”

“Oh, I’m sorry about that. I’m Ahreum’s cousin, her parents are working abroad and I can’t go to her dorm everyday since I still have some works to do.” she added.

For awhile I was surprised that there are still people like her who supports Bangtan.

My dream is not just to become a dancer when BTS was still active. I dreamt of something like this.

I dreamt of giving people something to remember if ever disbandment comes. Giving them not those fanservice they want but give and bring them the good memories that if ever they sees us like this they will say,

“Ah, that is Park Jimin of BTS.”

Years ago, when we composed for our reality show, American Hustle Life. I decided to write something about not forgetting where you belong. It is a lesson I learned; to always look back where you started and where you ended.

I didn’t forget and will never forget about it.

Because the Park Jimin they used to know is still the Park Jimin.