Winter

You ― A collection of drabbles and one-shots

Characters: EXO's Chen & OC
Genre: I... honestly do not know. OTL.


I love winter. The wind, the Christmas vibe, the snow, and the most important part is I get to spend it with my beloved one, Kim Jongdae.

This winter was the fourth one we spent together, and it was always different in each year. The first winter, he brought me to the park where we could witness the pristine, white snow covering the grass. It felt like the snow told us that it was their time to shine now. We made snow dolls and had a snowball war. It was fun, real fun.

"It's my first time spending my favorite season with someone I love." Jongdae mused, his authentic smile did not leave his face.

"How was it?" I inquired with my lips stretched into a wide smile as well.

"Fun." His eyes never left me, his hand lifted up to ruffle my fringes. "Magical, perhaps. Because now I know how it feels to love and to be loved by someone." And I had to cover my face before the crimson red tint spreading across my cheeks get even more obvious. "You're cute, really." 

 

On the second winter, we went to an amusement park and rode several thrilling rides. I was not a big fan of it all, but Jongdae said it could keep both of us warm due to the adrenaline rushing through our veins. I only nodded as I tightened my coat. The winter was never a joke at all.

"Did you have fun, Sasa?" He suddenly asked when we both enjoyed our dinner. I hesitated at first, trying to find the right words to answer him.

"I... sort of did. Thanks to you, though." A fit of laughter could be heard from him, his hand then grasping mine tightly.

"Why thanks to you too, Sasa. This is our second winter together and I wish to see more winters with you in the future."

 

On our third winter, we stayed at my house, sipping hot chocolates as we sought for some warmth from the heater. I lived alone, and I was always thankful for having him by my side. Our third winter was also the time we had our first kiss. His lips tasted like a cotton candy; soft and somewhat delicate. Sweet, too.

"After two years, Sasa." He sighed in content, my head that was leaning on his shoulder. I let out a soft chuckle and played with his sweater sleeve.

"After two years, Jongdae." I simply replied as I shifted closer to cut the gap between us. "Thank you for being my first kiss." He then landed a kiss atop my head, making my cheeks burn.

"I wish to see heaven with you, Sasa."

 

Then the time had come. Jongdae picked me up and we drove somewhere far away, and finally we pulled a stop at a beach. It was not quite a beach, though, because we were standing on the high cliffs. One fall, and we would be devoured by the cold sea. It was odd, indeed, added by Jongdae who did not say a thing during the trip. Without any words, he held my hand and ushered me to the edge of the cliff.

"Jongdae, what is wrong? You seem odd." I finally talked it out to him as it made me feel uneasy. Jongdae did not answer, however, he fished out some red thread from his pocket and tangled our little fingers together in a flash.

"We're inseparable, right, Sasa?" He softly asked a rhetorical question. "Remember what I said on the last winter? I wish to see heaven with you, Sasa."

Suddenly, my feet were not on the ground anymore.

So, this was what he really meant.

Why, Jongdae?

My eyes only saw black now, and I remembered nothing.