Longing

You ― A collection of drabbles and one-shots

Characters: EXO's Kai & OC
Genre: Angst
Inspired from Kai's part in Sing for You M/V


The tall, well-built man danced gracefully amid the pristine snow, ignoring his surroundings as if to push the pain away. He danced, like it was only him and the world, although anguish was painted all over his face. No sound, no music, he danced to the rhythm of his heartbeat, feeling nothing but the wind his delicate skin. Then he fell to his knees, apparently the invisible burdens on his shoulders finally beat him down. There was only one person crossing his mind, the reason why he was on the open space now, letting himself get snowed. The wind was harsh, added by the fact he only wore thin, worn out shirt and black trousers. The only person, whom he had waited for years but never came back, letting him drain inside his own agony.
Rebecca, it was always Rebecca who filled his mind, the only one able to snatch his heart away, and unfortunately, broke it to pieces as well.

Little did he know that the girl he had been thinking of was staring at her window, her face showed nothing but sadness. She hugged her knees, tears kept streaming down her face for hours. Rebecca still could not forget the boy, but she, too, had no courage to approach him again, not after the devastating separation months ago that forced her to fly overseas and continued her study there. She always missed how he touched her skin, how he peppered kisses over her face, how he always made her laugh until her stomach hurt, how he said he would never leave her and vowed to stay by her side, how he bravely showed the world that Rebecca is the only girl, perhaps would be his last.

But it was nothing now. It did not matter anymore.

Broken promises, broken vows, and it was enough for her to leave him.

But they both knew they always had a weak spot for each other.

"Kim Jongin, may you live well."
"Rebecca Altrixie Blancbaston, I missed you... Please come back."