1-3-0-7-2-7

Number 130727

79% of the victims of trafficking end up in slavery.


 

He woke up on a bed. Of course, he would. He would always wake up on a bed, , with blood and everywhere. He never had a recollection of the night before because of the heavy drugs that he was always induced with, but he always seemed to know exactly what had happened.

All the time.

Except now.

He looked around. The sheets were white. So white that he almost felt scared to taint it with his dirty body. It was a large bed. A bed he could never sleep on, unless he had a client. It had seemed like any other time. He would wake up on a bed, his master would be beside him, asleep. He was an early riser, after all. They would both be , and he would be in so much pain.

Only, it wasn’t like any other time.

The bed sheets were clean.

He wasn’t . He felt the material of the clothes he wore last night on his skin, however, he also felt something soft and woollen against the skin that was revealed last night. He looked down, seeing a black jumper that he never recalled wearing, along with loose, soft pants that he had never seen before. For the first time in 16 years, he was confused. He had not been stripped. He had been dressed. What was his master plotting?

He continued looking around, his master was nowhere to be seen. He was supposed to be beside him. . He was supposed to pleasure his master. Was he not content with him? Was his master planning to return him? Was he going to be reprimanded for not pleasuring his master enough?

He heard a muffled voice from outside. The voice seemed angry. His master was obviously not happy with him. The voice became louder and soon he saw the door knob twist right. He gulped, bracing himself to meet his new master.

He faced a young male with dishevelled hair, in a large shirt and pyjama pants. He had never had a young male as his master before. They were always old with a hidden, evil motive. The master seemed different. But he didn’t know how.

“He’s awake.” He heard his master whisper, “I’ll call you back.”

He realised he had been staring for too long and decided to fixate his gaze on the bed sheets.

They were so white.

“Hi.” His master awkwardly said.

He was obviously his master’s first ever slave. He nodded slightly to acknowledge his greeting.

“My name is Myungsoo.” He gave another nod. He knew that his short nods were the only things that made his masters happy. Not reacting at all made them angry, but responding verbally to them infuriated them.

“What’s your name?”

“1-3-0-7-2-7.” He relayed automatically. That was his name, for as long as he remembered.

He could tell that his answer did not satisfy his master, as he saw the furrowed brows he made after his reply.

“You…” he trailed off, “You don’t have a real name?”

He shook his head slightly, and heard a sigh. “That’s okay. I’ve got to go out right now. I’ve made breakfast. Well, I tried making breakfast. So you can eat that. If you don’t want to eat it, then you can uh, check the pantry for food. I don’t know. I’m sorry.” His master blabbered, before leaving.

He found his master’s words amusing. People never treated him like this. There was obviously an evil motive behind this new master.

He heard the door close, and from his window he saw his master leave in his car.

This was his chance to escape.

But he would never.

Because he knew that they knew his every move. He knew that as soon as he stepped out of this house, they would come and take him away.

~

“You actually bought him?”

“Yeah.” Myungsoo replied, “I feel so bad. He has so many scars, so many burns and cuts. I want to get this case over and done with. I need to see people like him out and free. I don’t think I can live if I don’t do anything about it.”

Sunggyu nodded, “He’s going to be really unresponsive. He’s going to be scared and frightened. You have to be patient with him.”

“Why do you sound like you know so much about this?” Myungsoo asked suspiciously, he saw the lawyer pale slightly, and he knew that there was something hidden, “Don’t say you’ve done research, because this is something that can’t be researched.”

Silence filled the office, and Myungsoo refused to break his gaze or change the subject. Eventually the elder broke out a sigh, “I had a friend.” He said, “Who worked for the traffickers.”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened, “What?”

“He was the son of one of the most notorious gangs, and because of that, his fate was instantly determined. But he hated it. At that time, I was like you, a rookie lawyer. I had the same motives as you, I wanted to change the world. I was so naïve, thinking that I could, so I went to places, offering myself to help people. That’s where I met him. He told me he needed to get away. He told me everything, not even caring that he had confessed about the truth behind traffickers, and could’ve been sent to jail. He was so innocent, and told me everything. He told me how they treated these people, and he told me how he had fallen in love with one.” He let out a loud exhale, “He had helped his lover escape from the hellhole, I should have brought them to court and asked them for an appeal to save all these humans, but instead, I was scared and helped them run away instead. I gave them a one way ticket to any country they wanted, and told them not to tell me where, so if I was interrogated, I didn’t have to lie.”

“But that doesn’t explain how you know how they act.” Myungsoo’s brows furrowed in confusion.

“I met his lover. He was so scared. So helpless. He thought that we were going to do stuff to him. I had only met him for a couple of hours, but I knew exactly how he felt. I saw everything.”

Myungsoo paused for a while to think. “If we found them, do you think they’d help us appeal?”

Sunggyu nodded, “I’ve been trying to search for them, since your hearing, but they really covered their tracks well. I’ve come down to 3 countries that they could be though. China, Japan or the US.”

“So if we find them, and they can help testify, then we might have three pieces of evidence that things like these happen.”

Sunggyu nodded again, “Yes, that could be enough. If not, I could testify. I know some things too.”

“Wouldn’t that ruin your career?”

“If I ruin it for a good cause, I’m willing to do it.” He replied. “We also need papers. We need evidence that is written on paper. Addresses of places they sell, people in charge, everything.”

“How are we going to do that?”

“Undercover cop.”

Myungsoo smiled, “I’ve got just the person.”

~

“So you want me to go to the most dangerous place in Korea and find out where they keep the smuggled humans.”

“Yes.”

“Myungsoo, are you out of your mind? This could lead to my men being killed. I won’t allow it.”

“Woohyun, please.” He begged, “We need the evidence. We don’t need a whole lot. Only a couple.”

“Just for a week.” Sunggyu chirped in, “Just give us two policemen for a week, and that’s it.”

He eyed his friend and the lawyer beside him, “Only two?” He asked, receiving a nod from the both of them. He sighed, “Only two for a week.” he confirmed.

Myungsoo broke out into a smile and thanked his friend, before bidding his goodbyes and leaving.

“Thank you.” Sunggyu said to the policemen.

“I’m only doing this for Myungsoo.” He replied.

He remained silent for a few seconds, “Do you, perhaps have feelings for him?”

Woohyun chuckled and shook his head, “No, I just know what he’s gone through. I’ll send the policemen to you. I’m sure you have everything under control.” He said sharply. Sunggyu gulped and nodded.

 


Now you guys know what the title means right?? :DD Alright so if it's not obvious yet, 1-3-0-7-2-7 is Sungyeol. Since he was trafficked when he was young, they've given him this 'name'. It's like a label. I hope it isn't too confusing >~<

If you don't know where i got the numbers from though it's their bdays like march 13th and August 27th at the ends and the number of members in the group (7).. smart ey? ;) Hahahaha I'm kidding, I just needed a number that I could remember xDD

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed it :) Please let me know how you guys thought of it and if you want please do subscribe and upvote hehehehe c:

Till next time! Be safe and well ^-^