The interview

Number 130727

This is practically a backstory of Hoya and Dongwoo... yes, they are introduced in this chapter :D


“Myungsoo!” An urgent voice called from the other line.

“What?” He yawned, sitting up from his couch, checking the caller ID- Kim Sunggyu.

“Do you remember the two people I spoke about a long time ago?”

“No?”

He heard a frustrated sigh, “You know, the two people. The trafficker who fell in love with the slave, and ran away.”

“Oh yeah.” He replied, still half awake.

“I found them.”

Myungsoo stood up quickly, “You found them?” He asked, getting excited.

“Yes. They’re in Japan. I’ve already begun to contact them. The ex- trafficker has already replied back. He says that his partner and him would be happy to help if it meant that many more would be rescued.”

“That’s great.” He replied, “But would they be willing to speak at the hearing?”

“I think he would, but I’m not sure if he would let his partner speak. He’s very over protective of him. So he could probably just write an anonymous letter, or we can have an interview with him.”

Myungsoo nodded, knowing that the other wouldn’t see this gesture. “That’s perfect.” He grinned.

“Yes. I’ve paid for their flight tickets here, and everything is prepared.”

“How long will they stay here for?”

“Until the end of the hearing, which is probably a year or less.”

“Wouldn’t they be in danger?”

“No. I’ll make sure they won’t. Besides, they’ve gotten a new identity. It would be hard to track them.”

~

<< 1 week later >>

“Myungsoo, these are the people I’ve been talking about.” Sunggyu introduced.

“Hello, my name is Myungsoo.” He bowed.

“Hello.” They greeted, “My name is Hoya and this is my partner Dongwoo.”

Through the authoritative and protective tone, Myungsoo was able to instantly tell which one had been the ex- trafficker and ex- slave.

“Shall we begin this interview then?”

“You’re only going to record our voices, right?”

“That is correct.” Myungsoo replied. “However, once we bring this to the hearing, we must need a witness to approve that this evidence is legitimate. We have Sunggyu, and now we need one or both of you two to be there too.”

“I’ll be there.” Hoya said instantly. “Dongwoo’s not going anywhere near them.”

“Hoya.” The other finally spoke up. They gazed at each other for a while, as though debating in their heads, before Dongwoo nodded and smiled.

Myungsoo nodded and proceeded to begin press the record button.

“Alright, please introduce yourselves.” He began.

“My name is Lee Howon, however I now go by the name Hoya.”

“My name is Jang Dongwoo. Before, my name was R137.”

Myungsoo began the first time Sungyeol had introduced himself. He nodded, knowing that he should be focused.

“I was the son of a family who was a notorious underground gang.” Hoya began.

“And what did you do there?”

“I would see them kidnap or manipulate people into coming into an underground room. A place that no one knew of.”

“You saw this on a daily basis?”

“Yes.”

“So what did you do, specifically?”

“I would provide them with food, and shower them. But there was always insufficient food. It would be rice mixed with dirt and water, so it was worse than animal food. And their showers were always just dirty water. No soap. Nothing.”

“So why were you assigned doing this job?”

“I chose this job.” He replied quietly.

“And why is that?”

“Because it was the most humane job in comparison to the others.”

Myungsoo blinked, “Can you please explain further?”

“The other jobs would include beating them until they thought that they were obedient. Some would be injecting them with drugs and other weird liquids to make them drowsy and not fight back when they are being or sold. There were even other jobs where you were assigned to torture the victims for days, and sometimes even end up killing them. Of course, many of these jobs were switch around amongst the traffickers, but I always stayed with mine.”

He began to feel nauseous as he imagined Sungyeol though those situations, before slightly shaking his head. “So you did not agree with the morals of trafficking?”

“Yes. I never liked working there. I wanted to do other things. Things that were way different to what my family did.”

“And what was that?”

There was as small pause as Hoya looked at Dongwoo as though asking if he should reply. After witnessing a short nod from the other, he took a deep breath. “I really wanted to dance.”

“Dance?”

“Correct. But who would ever allow that? Who would ever look up to a gang who has a son who left to pursue his dreams of becoming a dancer? It was absurd in their eyes, so I could never tell them. I’ve seen them kill their own people, with no mercy. I was too scared. So I never told them. Instead, I practised alone.”

“Alright, thank you, Mr Lee. If I may, I shall begin to ask you a few questions too, Mr Jang.”

He nodded, “Please do.”

“Now, what age were you when you were taken?”

“I was 17 years old. I had had a dispute with my parents, and purely from emotions and pride, I ran away from home. I had refused to gone home, and soon I began to roam through foreign streets. I didn’t know where I was. Suddenly, these two males hopped out. They were very kind to me. They asked me why I was out alone, and if I needed help to get back. I had heard many times of people getting kidnapped like this, but I was stubborn. I kept thinking that I was a guy. No one would want to kidnap a guy. Besides, if they did, I could easily call the police, or I could hit them. I was pretty strong anyways. So I accepted their requests, and then I woke up at a foreign place.”

“Foreign place?”

“Yes. It hadn’t occured to me that they could have gassed me to black out or anything like that. I woke up, and everything was stripped away from me- from my bag, to my clothes. I had cuts and bruises that were fresh and obviously from when I was passed out. It hadn’t occurred to me what had happened, until I tried to move, and everything hurt down there. I couldn’t move at all.”

“What had happened?”

“I was .”

A sharp inhale could be heard from Hoya as he was visibly angered by the past.

“Would you like to continue?” Myungsoo asked. His heart beating fast, as his mind continued to drift off to Sungyeol.

“I thought that was the end. I thought that now that I was , I would be let out. I would go home. No one would know, and if they did I would be called names. I was a male after all. Have you ever seen on the news that male had been ? Have you ever heard that a male was kidnapped and by two other males? You never hear those things, so it makes society think that it’s not possible for males to get . And if they do, they get dubbed as weak, or as a girl. I thought that my life had ended.”

He halted as Myungsoo could see the harrowing memories flood back.

“You don’t have to continue if it’s too overwhelming.” He said.

“No. I want everyone to know my story.” He replied determinedly. “I thought that my life had ended. And it had. Except after that, I began to experience hell. I saw the males come back, however, there were more of them. They dragged me to a room. Dragging me against the rough surface, where it had ripped most of my skin and flesh off by the time I reached the room. In there I saw other people. I may have had bruises and cuts and half of my back skin missing, but I had look a million times healthier than them. I still had the determination to escape in my eyes. I still had the red flush in my cheeks. I still had fat and muscle.”

“Could you explain what the others looked like.”

“They were practically skin and bone. Some even just had areas on their body where you could just see the bone. They are all lifeless looks, the emotions that could be seem were the pleas to end their lives. They all had scars. Fresh ones and old ones. Some of them had bones that had obviously healed wrongly. It was horrible.” He ended shakily.

“I’m very sorry to hear about what you had to go through.” Myungsoo said, as professionally as he could to the point where it had sounded emotionless. “Now, I would like to ask, how did the two of you meet?”

The couple glanced at each other, and Myungsoo could see their eyes glisten slightly, as tears began to fill their eyes.

“I was practising my dancing. It was in a small room behind where all the victims were kept. I was really angry that day because my family was insisting that I had to take over this ‘business’ as they had called it. Of course I didn’t want to, so I kept trying to make excuses that I was too incompetent, but they wouldn’t listen. So to take out all my frustrations, I danced. I danced for so long and so hard that my muscles hurt and I sprained my ankle.”

Dongwoo nodded before continuing with his side of the story. “Everyone was supposed to be asleep. But I was still up. I think this was only a few months I was kidnapped, so I was still not used to the place. I still had determination in my eyes, and a heart. I remember crawling back to a small space around the other slaves, after one of the people continued to hurt me with all these tools that I had never seen before. I had fresh wounds, but I was used to it by then. I heard a loud groan, and I saw the others jump slightly. I kept asking around what it was, because never had I heard that, and none would reply to me, except for a little 7-year-old who whispered that it was the nice bad guy.”

“Nice bad guy?”

“Yes.” He nodded, his breath becoming shaky.

Hoya nodded and began to speak, “I heard the door open and I jumped, thinking that it was a family member. But it wasn’t. It was Dongwoo, but of course, I didn’t know back then. I was on the floor. My foot was dislocated and twisted the other way, and he came up to me fearlessly. I could smell the blood coming from him. I could see the injuries that were inflicted on him. I knew he was new though from the way he acted. He could still smile. He still helped me, despite knowing that I could kill him if I wanted to, and if it wasn’t me that night, he would have been dead. I remember him holding onto my foot, as I confusedly stared at what he was going to do. After assuring me that he knew first aid he twisted my foot back into place. I was going to scream in pain, until I felt something soft and fleshy between my teeth, and out of pain I sunk my teeth into it, only to realise that it was his arm, after I tasted the metallic taste of blood. After realising what I had done, I could see that the wound I had inflicted on him was huge, and he was losing blood fast. I could see his eyes fluttering as he tried to keep himself awake. From all the blood he had lost from the injuries and the pain I had done on him, it was too much for his body to handle, and I looked after him for the whole night that night.”

“And from there the two of you fell in love?”

Hoya nodded, “Yes, my father eventually found out and we were both beat up. I think Dongwoo almost died. We stopped seeing each other for a few months, and once the two of us had healed enough, I proposed on running away.”

~

Myungsoo stopped the recorder that had been recording for over an hour.

“Is that okay?”

“Yes, now we have to gather other evidence. Uh, Hoya-ssi.”

“Yes?”

“If you are coming to the hearing, would it be possible if I continue to ask you more questions?”

“Yes that will be fine.”

“Good, we need as much information and evidence as possible. Thank you so much for your cooperation.”

Dongwoo smiled, “Oh and Mr Kim?”

“Myungsoo will do.” He replied.

He nodded, “Myungsoo, I heard from Sunggyu that you had a slave living with you?”

Myungsoo stared in shock, why would the other tell them that? “Yes, that’s correct.”

“W-Would it be possible if I meet him?”

“He isn’t really comfortable around strangers.”

“That’s okay, I-I can try to make him more open, because I can relate to him more than anyone else here can.”

Myungsoo nodded, the other had a fair point, and maybe it could help with the progress. “Alright, I can introduce you guys.”

~

“Myungsoo?” A soft voice called from inside, as the door opened.

“Hi, Sungyeol.” He saw the other halt as he saw a foreign figure beside him. He took a step back, shakily, staring at Myungsoo with confusion.

“This is a friend.”

His lower lip quivered and he shook his head, “No.” He muttered, “I don’t want.”

“Sungyeol, shh, it’s okay. I can ask him to leave.”

“Sungyeol. My name is Dongwoo.”

The taller male shook his head in fright.

“I know what you’ve been through.” He said.

Myungsoo stared at the Dongwoo who had slouched slightly, trying to make himself weaker than Sungyeol. Myungsoo had seen once how animals tended to do that- to make themselves seem small and weak in comparison to the ‘alpha’. In this case, Dongwoo had made Sungyeol feel like the alpha, as he slowly proceeded him with caution.

It had seemed to work, as the shaking male was no longer shaking, and instead was staring back in curiosity.

Dongwoo sat on the floor, holding out a hand, “My name is Dongwoo, what’s yours?”

Sungyeol blinked, staring at the hand. He was contemplating on whether or not to trust him. He looked at Myungsoo briefly who gave him an encouraging smile, before he slowly walked towards him and take his hand into a handshake.

“I’m Sungyeol.” He replied quietly.

“That’s a pretty name.”

“Your name is pretty too.”

Dongwoo grinned, “You think so?”

He nodded.

“Myungsoo’s told me a lot about you.”

The other looked shocked, as a slight blush was seen forming in his cheeks. “Really?”

Dongwoo nodded, “Good things, of course. All the time he would say, ‘Sungyeol is so cute.’ And when I’m talking about my boyfriend, he would say, ‘Sungyeol is better than that.’ And he would say that over and over again.” Dongwoo grinned. Although it may have been a slight exaggeration, and that Myungsoo had only said once that Sungyeol was cute once because Dongwoo had asked, and had only said that he was better than Hoya only because he was trying to prove that he had kind friends, and frankly he only had two friends, and Woohyun was definitely not kind. It had been slightly exaggerated, however Dongwoo knew that complimenting someone was a way to get closer to them.

“Really?” He asked, obviously shocked.

“Of course! And now I know why he keeps saying that. You are cute.” Dongwoo grinned.

Sungyeol smiled slightly, looking down happily, as he felt that his heart was about to burst, knowing that Myungsoo spoke about him regularly.

“Thank you.” He mumbled sheepishly.

~

His master left later that night in what seemed to be frustration. He heard him curse at his phone, before gently telling him that he was going somewhere. He didn’t know what was going on, but deep down, he knew that something was going to happen.

 


Not many Myungyeol moments here, but look who's on the ball today! XD I updated quite quickly haven't I AHAHAHA not sure if it's good though.. I feel like this chapter could be oring to some, but it's practically just explaining Hoya and Dongwoo kekek

But yes, I left it as a cliff hanger... and I've written the next chapter... but I'm not sure if you guys would like it,so I'm still contemplating if I should rewrite it, or keep it, and get lots of hate <3 

Anyways, hope you enjoyed it ^-^ I thank all of you guys who have read it, or even just clicked on my story in interest :) It means a lot to me, and when I saw that there were so many views, damn, I was shocked. I hope that even if you are not subscribed you still read it, but hey, I'm not forcing xD Thank youu though ^-^ I'm rambling again, Haven't done that in a while, but I'm very happy today :D

Till next time! Please do stay safe and well ^-^