The search

Number 130727

Warning!!!! A lot of swearing at the beginning T~T


“Myungsoo, please calm down.” Dongwoo begged.

“How the am I supposed to calm down when he’s gone?” He shouted, as tears streamed down his face.

“You shouting won’t help. We need to think of a plan, to retrace his steps.”

“It’s impossible! No one’s seen him.” Myungsoo cried, “I should’ve stayed home. I should’ve protected him.”

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo.” Woohyun piped in, “Continue wallowing in misery, it actually will be ing impossible.” He shouted. “It’s your fault that he’s gone and now you’re not even doing anything to solve it!”

Myungsoo glared at him, “What do you know?” He argued, “It’s not like you could keep the guy you say you love so ing much.” He mocked, “Kept him for two weeks before he got bored of your sorry .”

“You i-” He threw a punch across Myungsoo’s face, to his shock. The two men glaring at each other, seeing nothing but red, as they proceeded attack each other, leaving a poor Dongwoo speechless and shocked, trying to break them up.

“Guys…” He’d tried but to no avail.                  

“You had one ing job to keep him safe and you couldn’t even do that right.” Woohyun snarled.

“Says the guy who couldn’t even make his boyfriend stay. Oh, should I also point out how ing useless you are? Are you sure becoming a police was your first preference? Who even ing gave you a job in the first place?”

“Guys stop.” Dongwoo screamed, his voice so loud it vibrated the ceramic bowl on the table. The two men halted turning their heads towards him.

“We all made mistakes okay? But none of this is our fault. What we have to do is to find him. And fighting like this isn’t going to get us anywhere.” He huffed, as tears threatened to seep out.

The two friends shot each other one last glare, before nodding.

“I’ll call Sunggyu.” Myungsoo muttered.

Dongwoo nodded in reply, proceeding to call his lover, whilst Woohyun began to stomp away, searching for any signs of distress, such as scratching or skid marks.

The two other males arrived within 5 minutes and soon enough, all 5 were anxiously waiting in the living room.

“Okay, so I think we should split.” Sunggyu said in authority. “We’ll cover more ground this way.”

“But we only have 3 cars.” Hoya contributed.

“True. We’ll split in pairs then.”

“There’s 5 of us.” Hoya interrupted once again, resulting in the other to sigh.

“”You and Dongwoo can go together, and I’ll go by myself.” Sunggyu concluded.

“Nope. No. and no.” Myungsoo said, “I’m going by myself. I’m not letting some idiot pull me down.” He gritted before taking his keys and leaving.

“So I guess Sunggyu and Woohyun will be partners.” Dongwoo said, “Let’s go.”

~

“How have you been?”

“Stressed.”

“No, as in…” Woohyun sighed, “Never mind.”

 There was a short silence between the two, both pair of eyes fixated on the road.

“I could be better.” Sunggyu muttered.

Woohyun nodded, hesitating to proceed, “Because of us?”

Sunggyu laughed bitterly, “Well that certainly hasn’t helped.” He admitted.

“I’m sorry.”

“I’m fine now.” Sunggyu replied, “I’m seeing someone now. You should probably do the same. You look like a wreck.”

Woohyun nodded, “I should. But I still can’t seem to move on.” He replied, seeing the other visibly grip onto the steering wheel tighter.

“Well you should. Aren’t you the one who broke it off?” Sunggyu spat back.

Woohyun flinched.

~

“Do you think they’ll be alright?”

“Who?”

“Sunggyu and Woohyun.”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t they be okay?”

“Well, they dated for two weeks before breaking up, I’m pretty sure it would feel awkward.”

“They dated?!” Dongwoo glanced at his boyfriend who’s eyes were still on the road, but obviously shocked.

“You didn’t know?”

He shook his head, “Did Myungsoo know?”

“Um, actually, everyone knew.”

“Are you serious? Why was I the last to know?” Hoya whined, making the other chuckle.

“You’re always not there when we talk about it, I guess.”

“Well…” He trailed off, “At least I was the first person who knew that Sungyeol liked Myungsoo.”

Dongwoo chuckled, “Yeah but everyone already knew.”

“Not Myungsoo!” He argued.

“Alright, alright, baby.” Dongwoo cooed, making the other grunt in response, trying to supress the smile.

~

“Where are you?” He muttered.

“I’m sorry, Sungyeol.”

“Come on, come on, come on.”

“Please come back to me.”

“I promise I’ll treat you better.”

Continuous promises and apologies flowed out of his mouth, as though there was someone listening to him. But no one was.

Because the person he wanted to say these words to, was gone.

“I like you Sungyeol.” He continued the mumble, as he swerved to the right, speeding up when there was no more traffic.

“Please don’t leave me this quickly.”

“Please don’t leave before I tell you I love you.”

“Not yet.”

Loud tyres screeched, breaking the silence. His breathing heaved as tears seeped out. He screamed, punching the steering wheel in anger as continuous realisation hit him.

He might never see Sungyeol again.

~

The atmosphere was solemn the next day. The five males were seated in Myungsoo’s living room. Silence was the only words exchanged as the four friends stared worriedly at Myungsoo who’s puffy eyes were buried in the bear that he had bought for the missing male.

“Myungsoo.” Dongwoo whispered, as though afraid that if his voice had been any louder, it would have made everything worse. He didn’t know what to say. He wanted to comfort the other, but no words of comfort could be thought of. He felt a hand on his shoulder as his eyes adverted to his boyfriend who shot him a sorrow look.

“We have to keep searching.” Sunggyu said. “We can’t lose hope. Come on, Myungsoo. He’s a strong person. I’ve seen the way he looks at life. His past may have been hell, but his views on life never faltered. You won’t lose him this easily. We can’t give up, and I know that we’ll find him soon.” It seemed to have done the trick as there were murmurs of agreement, and Myungsoo finally looked up from the bear.

“We have to find him.” Myungsoo said in determination, “I won’t let him leave me.”

As though on cue, a ringing sound rang through the room, snapping all heads to the object of the sound.

Woohyun reached for Myungsoo’s phone and answered the unknown call, “Hello?”

His eyes widened. “Sungyeol? Sungyeol!” He yelled, gaining everyone’s attention as they stood up and ran towards him, who immediately put it on speaker.

“Don’t come for him.” A deep voice responded.

“Where is he?” Myungsoo shouted angrily at the phone, but a beeping sound was the only thing that replied.

“He’s gone.” Woohyun whispered.

“Where is he?” Myungsoo asked frantically, “Can you track where he is? Please Woohyun.” He begged.

“I don’t have any devices with me at the moment, but we can go to the police station and-”

“No, they’ll search for his records, but he won’t have any so they’ll be questions.” Sunggyu piped in.

“I’m a policeman.” Woohyun reminded, “I can get in there.”

Sunggyu paused before nodding, “Okay, let’s give it a try.”

~

“Do you know where he is?” Myungsoo asked anxiously after an hour.

He shook his head, “The phone call was too short.” He sighed.

“Can you find out the number?” Sunggyu asked. “If we find out the number, we might be able to find out who’s phone it is.”

“He might not be using his own phone.”

“But it’s worth a shot. Any information we get could get us one step closer.” Hoya interrupted.

Woohyun nodded, “Okay. It will take a moment.”

~

“Myungsoo.” Woohyun whispered, shaking him slightly. The other sat up instantly, his heart rapidly beating, “Are you okay?”

“Did you find him? Why did you let me go to sleep?”

“You needed the sleep.”

“What’s the time?”

“10PM.”

“What? I slept for 3 hours?”

He nodded, “The other’s did too. I found the number. I think I might know where he is. We’re going to go together.”

“Are we allowed to…”

“What is it?”

“Are we allowed to kill him if we find him?”

“Myungsoo.” Woohyun began, “You know we can’t.”

“Let me do it. You can arrest me later.”

“No. we’re not killing him. I’m not letting you go to jail.”

“But-”

“If there’s anyone who’s going to do the shooting, it’s going to be me.” Woohyun concluded sternly.

~

“If you guys want to go to sleep, you can.” Woohyun said, “It’s going to be a long ride.”

“Where is it?” Dongwoo asked.

“Just outside the city. Probably 2-3 hours.”

“You should sleep.” Hoya said to his lover.

The other shook his head, “I won’t be able to.”

“You’re really tired. I don’t want you hurt.”

Dongwoo smiled, “I won’t get hurt. Our main priority here is Sungyeol.” He replied, resting his head on the other’s shoulder, and intertwining their fingers instinctively.

Myungsoo glanced at the couple beside him, looking down, as he thought of Sungyeol. There was a small buzz from his phone and he opened the message that he had just received. He looked at the man who sat at the frontseat, staring at him through the rearview mirror.

From: Sunggyu

We will find him.

He hoped so.

~

“Are we here?”

“We’re here.”

“So how is this going to work?”

“I think it would be safer if we all went together.” Woohyun said.

“But if there is more than one of them, they might spot us and shoot us before we even enter.” Sunggyu whispered back.

“That’s true.” Woohyun agreed, “Then I’ll go.”

“What?” Myungsoo asked.

“I’ll go first, and once it’s clear, then I’ll tell you guys to enter”

“What if you get hurt?” Sunggyu asked.

“I won’t.” He promised, staring at him, “I won’t.” The two continued to stare, as though having a conversation through their eyes, before Woohyun broke it off by looking down. “I’ll go now.” He said, opening the door.

“Be safe.” Sunggyu breathed out.

“I will.”

If it had not been the situation that they were in at the moment, Sunggyu would had received endless teasing at how swept away he was, but because of the tension, everyone chose to ignore it.

Only the sound of leaves rustling from the outside could be heard. No one dared to utter a word, as though scared to miss the signal from the other.

It felt like hours, but it had only been 10 minutes before the phone began to buzz.

“It’s clear. Come in one by one, and then as a group search around. I’m going to continue my way.”

“Dongwoo’s not going.”

“Hoya…” He protested.

“I’m not losing you.”

“I can look after myself.”

“No.”

“Hoya, we’ll go as a group. I’ll keep an eye on him too.” Sunggyu interrupted. “The more people, the safer we’ll be.”

Hoya hesitated, looking at his boyfriend he begged him through his eyes., “Fine. But you’re not going anywhere out of my sight.”

He agreed.

One by one, they ran towards the entrance as silent as they could, and avoiding the leaves that crunched beneath their feet.

“Are we all here?” Sunggyu whispered.

“Yes.”

“Okay, we go upstairs.” He replied, “I can hear creaking up there.”

“What if we run into more of them? None of us have weapons.” Dongwoo said.

“I do.” Myungsoo replied, pulling out a gun he had stolen in Woohyun’s office.

“Why do you have that?”

“Because I plan to kill the bastard who took Sungyeol.”

“Myungsoo.”

“I’ve made up my mind, Sunggyu. I’m murdering him.”

“You can go to jail!”

“I don’t care.” He retorted.

“Can we not argue here?” Dongwoo begged. “Let’s just find Sungyeol first.”

They slowly went up the stairs, hearing the creaking footsteps become louder.

“Woohyun?” Myungsoo whispered, once up.

He turned, “I see them.” He whispered, pointing to Sungyeol who’s wrist was tied to a wooden bed, as he slumped on the floor.

Myungsoo reached out for the door, only to be halted by the policemen, who shook his head, “I can’t see anyone, but they might be hiding. If you walk in, you might get shot.”

“Then how do we get in?”

“I’ll get in.”

“No.” Sunggyu said quickly.

“I’m trained for these kind of situations.”

“At least let me come with you.” Myungsoo begged.

Woohyun hesitated, before nodding. “The rest, stay hidden.” He said, pointing to the piano that had a large cloth draped over it. The others nodded and began to hide under it. “Are you ready?” Woohyun asked Myungsoo, “It’s not too late to back out now, but as soon as we enter, it’ll be too late to change your mind.”

“I’m ready.”

Woohyun took a deep breath and nodded. Standing up, he took out his gun and took a couple of step back, “Stand behind me.” He whispered.

Once the other obliged, he ran towards the door and kicked it open, holding the gun high, “PUT YOUR HANDS UP.” He shouted. Myungsoo saw the slumped male jump slightly, but obviously too exhausted to do anything else.

“Focus Myungsoo.” Woohyun muttered, as he pointed the gun at a male who instinctively pulled up the same weapon at him. “He’s alone.” He announced. “Untie him.” He ordered Myungsoo, who ran towards the victim.

“Put your weapon down, Mr Choi.” He ordered.

“Kill me.” The other challenged. “That guy is mine. I bought him. They took him away from me. He’s mine.” He screamed.

“Put the weapon down.” He repeated.

“He’s mine!” He yelled in a frenzy, “He’s mine! Don’t take him away from me!”

Once Myungsoo and Sungyeol were by his side, he stepped towards the 40 year old man. “Place your weapons down, and you can continue to serve your remaining sentence. If you do not put your weapons down, I will have to extend it.” He threatened.

“You’ll shoot me! You’ll shoot me if I do! You can’t kill me. You can’t kill me, because that boy is mine. He’s been mine forever I will have him.” He began to blabber nonsense.

“Sir, I will put my weapon down. And if I do so, you must do the same, okay?” Seeing the other hesitate slightly, Woohyun slowly went to the floor and placed his gun onto the floor and kicking it to the side, before putting his hands up, “Please put your gun down.”

The criminal wavered slightly, crouching slightly to place his gun down before shaking, “No, no! He’s mine!” He yelled, he grabbed his gun and shot in the air, his aim hitting the policemen’s shoulder.

Woohyun grunted, before instinctively reaching for the gun in Myungsoo’s pocket and shoot the other’s leg who screamed in pain. As the other was distracted with the pain, he ran quickly, kicking the gun away from the other’s grasp, and cuffing them together, “I guess you’ll be serving more time.” He grunted.

“No.” The criminal shouted. “You can’t take him away from me! Tell him you’re mine.” He yelled at Sungyeol who simply cowered behind Myungsoo.

“Tell him!”

“I’ll tell you that you’re going back to jail.” Woohyun muttered, dialling his workplace.

~

“Are you okay?” Sunggyu asked worriedly, as he saw the gun wound on Woohyun’s shoulder.

He nodded, “It was nowhere vital, so I’ll live.” He smiled weakly, putting pressure on the wound.

Within a few minutes, police cars pulled up and Woohyun stood up to greet them.

“How’d you manage to find him?”

“A phone call.”

“Ahh. Are you shot?”

He nodded, “You mind taking me to the hospital?”

The other chuckled, “As usual, the almighty Woohyun tries to act all cool. Come on, I can get there in 5 minutes.”

“And what about him?”

“Back to jail, that’s where he’d be.”

Woohyun nodded.

“And what about the hostage?”

He paused and looked at Sungyeol who was cuddled up with Myungsoo, “I think the events have been too much. We’ll let him rest first.”

“But we need him to testify what he did.”

He shook his head, “I don’t think he wants to press charges.” Woohyun reasoned, “Just press charges on attempted murder.” He continued, pointing to his shoulder.

~

“I’m so sorry.” Myungsoo whispered, “I’m so sorry for not being there.” They had arrived home, but were still in the car, as Sunggyu, Dongwoo and Hoya went into Myungsoo’s home, allowing them to be alone.

Sungyeol just cuddled him tighter.

“Were you scared?”

He shook his head, “I know him.” He said, “He was my master.”

Myungsoo had predicted that. That had explained why he was so possessive.

“He’s done worse.” Sungyeol muttered tiredly, “So I wasn’t scared.”

“I’m sorry I couldn’t find you earlier.”

“I called your name over and over again, and then you came.” He replied, “Your name must be magical.” Sungyeol yawned.

“What do you mean?”

“Whenever I call your name, you seem to always come to me. Thank you for coming back.” He mumbled, his tears wetting Myungsoo’s shirt.

“I’ll always come to you.” Myungsoo whispered, before pausing momentarily, “Because I love you.”

“I think I love you too.”

 


Hey ;) How is everyone? Good? Have you all been voting for Woohyun's solo? I've been replaying it over and over again because it's just so good T~T Anyways, hope you enjoyed this one :) I really didn't want to rush the search so quickly, which was why I made it two days, and also made the kidnapper stupid so that it would be easier to find him :D But still, I didn't want to steer the story away to a new problem, so I wanted to quickly solve this one. I actually intially thought that it would have been sungyeol missing because he went to see Sungjong, but then, I would have felt bad working you all up only to have such an anti climatic ending xD So I reulted to this one. As seen, I didn't want him to be traumatic from this experience, because although it is traumatic to get kidnapped, I want to emphaised that he suffered from even worse situations than this, which is why, psychologically, I've decided not to make him as scared as his past. I'm sorry if it makes no sense hahahaha but honestly I didn't want there to be major problems, especially when this story's heading to an end psttt like 4 more chapters, I predict...Yeah, so I truly am sorry if it seems a bit rushed, this chapter >~<

Nonetheless, I would still love to hear what you guys thought of it ^-^ And hey, I ended it off on a good note :D That's a first, right? XD

Till next time! Stay safe and well guys~~~~ And let's keep supporting woohyun's solo wooo ^-^