Chapter 9

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

Chae ri had gotten to school and was a bit confused where to go, The guys would have not been there yet and she was sure Jungkook and Adriana would probably have taken his car.

“I might as well just think about stuff at the spot… Adriana’s words will not leave my mind.” Chae ri says to herself as she navigates her way to the spot. She thought about Sungjoo mostly and the way she acts, she wanted to make things right but how?

Chae ri sat down after she arrived at the spot, she could smell cologne and it was familiar… like someone she knew, she looked over and noticed Sungjoo had his bag sitting on the chair across from Chae ri, she saw him walk over with water on his hands, “Must have gone to the toilet… great now it is going to be awkward…” Chae ri whispers to herself.

“You are here early?” Sungjoo speaks as he sits across from Chae ri.

“Uh yeah…” Chae ri laughs nervously, “Jungkook had his girlfriend over so I decided to leave them, and I had things to think about.”

Sungjoo leans on the table, “What things? Us?” He speaks. Chae ri nods and looks down.

“I feel like I have acted so badly to this situation with you and I, making you feel bad because I have been so desperate for you to love me again that I should just give you time, and if you do not ever love me again I will be fine with that.” Chae ri takes another breath. “Besides being your friend is fine with me, and I know what I did would have really hurt you… leaving you was a terrible mistake.”

Sungjoo felt his heart race as he listened to Chae ri, he missed talking to her, his heart was warm but he still was angry and depressed from a whole year of not knowing, Sungjoo stood up and walked around to sit beside Chae ri, he turned so his other leg was beside the other side of the chair.

“Chae… I love you so much, I really do, but what happened will not be forgotten, I understand you thought about this like how you did but remember how I felt, I was broken, depressed and upset thinking you never loved me, that all this was a lie… I know I said all this before but now I saw it calmly and.” Sungjoo takes Chae ri’s hands, “I never stopped thinking about you, even when you came back I still had that feeling of happiness… but now it is mixed with rage and I am afraid of hurting you because of how I am… I need time, friends is good so I do not have to physically love you and then hurt you when I get angry… I want this to end well for both of us.” Sungjoo sighs.

Chae ri felt her eyes water, she was so guilty now, hearing all Sungjoo said made her feel guilty. “Sungjoo I…” Chae ri could not finish her sentence because Sungjoo had kissed her.

Chae ri was surprised as Sungjoo kissed her twice now by surprised, “Sungjoo…?”

“Let me kiss you… before this all goes wrong… I need to have a moment where I won’t be angry with myself.”

Chae ri nodded and Sungjoo kissed her again, Chae ri felt fireworks as Sungjoo kissed her and then she closed her eyes to savour the moment, she felt Sungjoo move closer and his arms wrapped around her waist. She loved this moment, even if it was a not meant to be but she was content.

Chae ri hesitantly moved her hands around Sungjoo’s neck, she was hoping he would continue to kiss her, after a whole year she yearned for this, to be in his arms, even after all that has happened.

As Chae ri and Sungjoo had their moment they did not realise UNIQ had arrived at school and were watching from behind a tree.

“What does that mean? Are they together again?” Yibo asks.

“I think they are at a understanding….” Yixuan says and smiles.

“On what? Being friends?” Wenhan adds. “No, well kind of, remember Sungjoo has a whole year of anger… he would not want to hurt her, he would have warned her that she needs to let this all happen and maybe after he will finally be happy again and then they will be together, I think he needed this kiss to remember why he fell in love with her so in time that anger is not snappy and is all put away, well I think that Is what is happening.” Yixuan says laughing softly.

“So he will go back to being rude to her?” Seungyoun asks confused. “It is all up to him I suppose, whatever he does will affect us and them remember that.” Yixuan smiles and continues to watch.


Chae ri took her hands away and moved back, “I guess now we stay friend yeah?” Chae ri hold out her hand.

Sungjoo nods and grasps Chae ri’s hand and the two shake on it, “I never took the time to apologize to you alone…” Chae ri says looking down.

“Don’t…. just leave it for now and tell me later on.” Sungjoo nods and takes his hand away and goes back to his seat across from Chae ri.

“Are you ready for tomorrow night?” Chae ri asks.

“No… I hate dances… but since we will all be together I think it will be fun, hopefully.”

“Dances are enjoyable, being with friends as well, things like that I am happy to do.” Chae ri smiles and plays with her hands.

“I get what you mean, just I cannot dance… and you already know that.” Sungjoo chuckles.

“Yeah, do not worry we don’t have to dance anyway.” Chae ri nods and stands up. “Besides better if we didn’t…” Chae ri is about to leave but feels someone pulling her back.

Chae ri looks behind her and Sungjoo is there holding her hand. “What happened?” Sungjoo asks.

“I just need to go somewhere I’ll be back soon.” Chae ri tries to get out of Sungjoo’s grip.

“Wait….” Sungjoo moves forwards to Chae ri is backed into a tree.

“What Sungjoo?” Chae ri looks into Sungjoo’s eyes waiting for him to answer.

“Did I say something wrong?” Sungjoo looks at Chae ri.

“No… I just… it’s just… ugh I do not know.” Chae ri looks down.

“Talk to me, I am still here for you just say it.”

Chae ri sighs and drops her bag down. “I feel like I am making you do something that will make you uncomfortable… and I would hate for that.”

Sungjoo leans closer. “You do not need to say that… I am fine with going, besides if I am with you it is okay…. You are the person I feel closest with anyway… even if all that has happened.

“I doubt myself okay… and I can tell when people are uncomfortable… all this anger is still there and I just…” Chae ri was about to continue talking when Sungjoo’s lips locked onto hers.

Chae ri melted as his lips connected with her, she loved his kisses and they made her smile.

Sungjoo leaned his hand against the tree and continued to kiss Chae ri. He loved this but he also did it to show her something.

Sungjoo backed away and looked into Chae ri’s eyes. “I am absolutely fine with going, stop doubting yourself.” Sungjoo smiles and walks away.

Chae ri stands there her heart beating fast and a smile pasted onto her face. “I missed that….” Chae ri slid down and sat on the grass thinking about Sungjoo’s words and the kiss.

UNIQ were still watching the whole time grinning and clapping. “They need to get back together again… they are adorable.” Yibo smiles.

“Agreed… we just got to give it time for Sungjoo to be comfortable, come on boys let’s go.” Yixuan walks off and the other follow.