Chapter 10

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

The Bell rang and it was now homeroom time, Chae ri stood up from where she had been sitting for 20 minutes, She then walked inside the school and everyone was staring at her, she had been talked about in a positive way since she got back. “This is awkward as hell…” Chae ri looks around as she walks into her homeroom class.

Sungjoo had already been sitting down, Chae ri made her way to her seat behind Sungjoo.

“Where you under that tree the whole time?” Sungjoo turns back to Chae ri.

“Yeah… I was to slack to get up and I sat there listening to music the whole time.” Chae ri grins.

Sungjoo nodded and turned back smiling. Chae ri also sat there laying her head on her arms smiling.

The Teacher called all the names and read the notices so all the students had to do was sit and wait for the bell.

Sungjoo turned back to Chae ri. “So the guys wanted to go eat before the dance tomorrow okay?”

“Sounds awesome, I get to dance with my brother, my friends and you this night will be great.” Chae ri smiles.

“I cannot wait to eat food.” Sungjoo laughs. “You and food are the worst.” Chae ri shakes her head chuckling.

Chae ri watched Sungjoo turn back and she could then hear two people talking not too far from her.

“Didn’t Chae ri leave for America?” The first student said.

“Yeah and left Sungjoo here, I heard she never told them… I wonder why.” The second student said.

“I wonder if they are back together or not, I hope he does not still love her, I mean doing that is horrible, he deserves someone like me or you.” The first student replied.

Chae ri felt her heart race as she continued listening in.

“I heard Sungjoo has become a real playboy now, making out with girls, drinking see what she has done?” The second student said.

“I know, and he is so angry all the time, I cannot believe he is still talking to her… I wouldn’t” The first girl scoffs.

Chae ri felt her eyes water so she covered her face and laid there still hearing all the they are saying.

Chae ri did not realise Sungjoo had overheard and was so furious and angry but did not say or show anything and kept quiet.

The bell rang and Sungjoo bolted out without talking to Chae ri, she noticed him leaving so quickly so she tried to follow him but lost him through the crowd.

“I have class with him next ill see why he left.” Chae ri headed to Maths.

When she walked in Sungjoo was not sitting in his usual seat in front of her, she frowned and sat down peering over to him. He avoided eye contact and stared out the window.

“What is up with him?” Yibo walks in and sits in Sungjoo’s place.

“I do not know…. But I overheard these two girls talking about me and why I left Sungjoo and all this ….. it was horrible.” Chae ri sighs.

“Would he have heard that?” Yibo asks.

“No… he had music in, I saw the earphones… He must just want to sit somewhere I guess.” Chae ri shrugs and watches as the teacher comes in and gives orders.

After Maths Chae ri did not even try to run after Sungjoo she wanted to wait till lunch so her and Yibo walked together to class.


“Are you going to find out why he is so angry at lunch?” Yibo asks.

“Yeah, I will leave him for now, it is so weird he was so happy this morning and now he has become cranky…”

“He was, I still want to know as well why is like that now… by the way we saw you guys this morning.”

“Kissing?” Chae ri looks up to Yibo. “Yeah, Yixuan hyung came up with a thought that you two came to an agreement?”

“Yeah… kind of like that, but it is really complicated and whatever his theory was is most likely right.” Chae ri nods.

“Well let’s just go to class and lunch time shall approach.