Chapter 26

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

Chae ri could not sleep that night as she knew what was going to happen. Her ribs were aching and her worries were getting the best of her.

It was around 4 in the morning when Chae ri quietly slipped out of the room and went outside to where the lounge room was. All the boys decided to sleep in the room with Chae ri so she was able to luckily not wake anyone up outside.

Once Chae ri was outside she decided to go for a stroll to calm her worries. “I hope this ends finally and I can get back to going to school.”

Chae ri felt the cold breeze go over her and shivered as it did. “Jesus it is cold out here… maybe I should go back?” Chae ri thought but decided to keep walking down the streets now knowing where to go.

Chae ri realised after about 10 minutes she was far away the house. “Oh… well I guess I’ll just keep walking.”

Chae ri walked around the corner when she felt a car drive past and yank her in. Her eyes widened as she got chucked into the back. The car seemed to be a van and this particular van was none other than BTS’s.

“Welcome back.” Namjoon grins. Chae ri groaned. “Jesus why now? It is freaking 4 in the morning!” Chae ri yells and feels her hands being tied.

“You shouldn’t be walking around this late.” Jhope smirks. “Great….what now you going to make be a hostage until they come to the meet?” Chae righ rolls her eyes.

“Most likely, unless we kill you first but then we need you as leverage first.” Namjoon moves in closer so he is only a few cm’s away from Chae ri’s face.

Chae ri moved back but did not say anything else. Her eyes were starting to get droopy.

“Sleep, we have a while.” Namjoon chills back and Chae ri cannot keep her eyes open any longer so she ends up falling asleep.


Sungjoo had woken up around 10. He went to go place an arm around Chae ri when he felt no one next to him. He opened his eyes looking around the room and she was not there either.

“She must be outside.” Sungjoo got up from his bed and softly walked over the guys to the door. He walked out and looked around for Chae ri.

“Chae you out here?” Sungjoo calls but get no reply. “Hmmm where is she?” Sungjoo walks into the kitchen and sees no sign of Chae ri. He then goes to the other parts of the house and no Chae ri.

“She must have gone out, ill ring her.” Sungjoo rings Chae ri’s phone only to get no answer.

“She should be back soon anyway, ill wait and watch some tv.” Sungjoo shrugs.

All the members woke up 10 minutes after Sungjoo all asking where Chae ri was.

“She must have gone out for a walk.” Sungjoo would reply not thinking something was up.

“So how do you think today is going to go? They must have something planned if they wanted to meet and finish this straight away,” Yibo says concerned.

“Jesus these idiots are screwing us…. Not even telling us a time and I guess we will have to be ready with whatever they throw at us.” Yixuan sighs.

“Yeah ill be ready for them, I will fight till my last breath.” Sungjoo says.

It had now been an hour and Chae ri was still not back. “Dude shouldn’t Chae ri have been back by now?” Yibo walks over worried.

“When did she even leave?” Wenhan asks. Sungjoo looks up. “I woke up at 10 and she wasn’t there, she could have been up for ages and must have gone out to do something, ill ring her.” Sungjoo pulls out his phone and calls Chae ri’s number.

“Oh well hello Chae’s boyfriend, I was wondering when you guys were going to ring.” Namjoon laughs.

“you! What the are you doing with her?” Sungjoo stands up.

“Wow, cannot believe you didn’t realise your girlfriend had been gone for 6 hours… wow she was wondering the streets so early in the morning at 4 by herself… oh that musn’t never be good, someone could come snatch her.”

Sungjoo was now furious. “If you ing hurt her you I will kill you myself!”

“Woah calm down, I needed some leverage and we are waiting.” Namjoon laughs and hangs up.

“Let’s go!” Sungjoo grabs his jacket along with the rest of UNIQ

“Those will pay.” Yixuan nods and UNIQ all run out of the house and to where the bridge is.


Namjoon hung up the phone and smirked. “Your lover and his little gang are coming to rescue you, little do they know it was the worst mistake they made.” Namjoon laughs and BTS all hop out of the van and drags Chae ri to the meeting place.

“You will pay for this you know, scums!” Chae ri yells and feels a hand slap her face. “Shut your mouth .” Jhope spits.

Chae ri feels the impact of the slap and winces. She was hoping UNIQ would get here fast.

After a while BTS can hear the voices of UNIQ coming towards them.

“I am going to kill you!’ Sungjoo yells as soon as he sees Namjoon and BTS.

“Sungjoo!” Yixuan runs and holds Sungjoo back. “Wait, if we rush they might do something.”

“Listen to him Sungjoo he knows what is best.” Namjoon smirks.

“ you!” Sungjoo retorts back. His eyes landed on Chae ri who was being held by Jhope with a red mark on her face.

“What did you do to her!?” Sungjoo says angrily. Chae ri looked to Sungjoo.

“I am fine.” Chae ri calls out. “No more stupid talking let’s get to the point shall we.” Namjoon steps forward.

“Ill give you back your precious girlfriend if you Sungjoo kneel down and let us beat you up.” Namjoon grins.

“NO!” Chae ri yells. Sungjoo widened his eyes. “Just give me her and let us fight this out.”

Namjoon shakes his head and walks back taking Chae ri and walking more backwards so they are at the end of the path under the bridge which was at the end the ocean and a long drop.

“NO!” Sungjoo yells. Namjoon steps forward. “Will you do it now? Otherwise she get pushed in and you lose her.”

“Don’t do It Sungjoo!” Chae ri yells. Sungjoo sighs as he kneels down. “Get up Sungjoo!”

“Stand up dude!” Yixuan walks forward. “Nope” Namjoon moves back putting Chae ri closer to the edge. “If any of you interfere she will die.”

Yixuan moves back. Chae ri was trying to break free. “Please do not do this!” Chae ri yells again.

“Now, let’s start.” Namjoon walks and hands Chae ri to Jhope who holds her near the edge.

Namjoon then walks over with a bat towards Sungjoo. “If you make any attempts to stop me I will kill her, and boys hold them back.”

UNIQ all were grabbed by BTS. “YOU S WILL PAY FOR THIS!” Yixuan yells knowing he if does something Chae ri will get pushed.

“Sungjoo no!” Chae ri begs. “I cannot let them hurt you again im sorry…” Sungjoo sighs as he feels the bat crush his back.

“Ow!” Sungjoo shouted as it hit him. “SUNGJOO!” Chae ri tried to run over but couldn’t

Namjoon hit the bat over him again hearing the screams from Chae ri. “Let’s continue.”

Namjoon continued to hit Sungjoo with the bat as UNIQ would be yelling and Chae ri was as well.

“STOP PLEASE NAMJOON!” Chae ri was pleading. “Sorry love but this is payback.” Namjoon contined to hit Sungjoo.

Sungjoo was starting to become unconscious as he could feel the bat breaking down on him as he continues to cough up blood.

“I am sorry Chae ri….” Sungjoo feels his eyes droop. “NO!” Chae ri yelled as she was able to break out of Jhope’s grasp and over to Sungjoo shielding him before the bat fell down.

“OW” Chae ri screamed and felt the bat hit her. Sungjoo was waiting for the impact when he heard Chae ri’s voice but he couldn’t move as he was nearly about to collapse.


“I saved you….” Chae ri said softly as she could feel all these pains. Namjoon quickly grabbed Chae ri and dragging her towards the edge.

UNIQ had finished beating BTS up when they realised what happened. “CHAE” Yixuan yelled helping Sungjoo up.

“CHAE!” Sungjoo felt his eyes open up and he saw Chae ri at the edge with Namjoon.

“I am sorry but she has to go.” Namjoon smirks and pushes Chae ri off the edge.

“NOOOOOO!” Chae ri screams. “

“CHAE RI!!!!!” Sungjoo runs over and without thinking jumps into the water.