Chapter 2

A not so nerdy me friends with Gangsters

Chae ri had slept the whole night through, Jungkook could hear her crying in her sleep. He had laid down with her during the night and she would stop when she felt his presence.

It was now morning and Jungkook had gotten up early to make breakfast for his sister, he missed doing that so he wanted to make her happy since she was broken…

“Chae breakfast sis.” He called out hearing his sister wake up. “Coming…” Chae ri spoke out with a soft and croaky voice.

She came out to the kitchen her hair in a mess and her face stained with tears. “Sit.” Jungkook smiled softly at her placing food down in front of her on the table.

“Thank you Oppa…” Chae ri tried to force a smile as she sat down. “DO not worry I missed making you breakfast.” Jungkook sat down next to Chae ri. “I am going out to see them today…” Jungkook says trying not to say their names.

Chae ri looked at her brother emotionless. “Can I come?” She asks.

“Uh… I do not think it is good for you since you are so emotion at the moment.” Jungkook looks at his sister worried.

“I have to face them… I have been gone for a year, and I cannot just run away from what I caused.” Chae ri nods determined.

“Alright… well if you are ready then I guess I have to let you do what you think is best, we leave in like 20 minutes so after breakfast get ready.” Jungkook nods and gets up from his seat and goes to change.

Chae ri sat there quietly eating her breakfast thinking about how the reunion will go.

After Chae ri finishes breakfast quickly and walks into her room to change. Chae ri picks out her best black beanie, leather jacket with a plain white singlet that Is a bit baggy and blue denim shorts with rips at the bottom. Chae ri changes into her clothes tucking in her singlet and placing the jacket over. Chae ri puts on her boots which are angle length and have no heel, she ties the laces up and checks herself out in the mirror before walking out to her brother.

“Hey I am ready…” Chae ri takes a deep breath in. “You look so pretty, going to have to get used to not seeing you in nerdy clothes… come on.” Jungkook grabs his keys and walks out to the car. Chae ri locks the door and follows Jungkook to the car.

They both hop in the car and do their seatbelts up. “Are you ready?” Jungkook asks. “I am as much as it hurts I need to face it, let’s go.” Chae ri sighs again and looks out the front as Jungkook starts the car and drives off.


Jungkook parks the car in the carpark next to UNIQ’s place. Chae ri was now more nervous than ever, she felt all this guilt wash over her and she felt even worse than before.

“Are you sure you want to do this? You can go home…” Jungkook turns off the car and looks at Chae ri who he saw the worry on her face.

“I cannot run Jungkook… I want to do this let’s go.” Chae ri hops out closing the door after her. She took a deep breath and saw Jungkook come around to her and take her hand.

“You have me remember.” Jungkook smiles and the two head inside.

Chae ri squeezed Jungkook’s hand as the two open another door which leads to the inside of the place where all of UNIQ are having fun playing games and what not.

“This place has not changed one bit…” Chae ri looks around as her eyes land on Sungjoo who was in a corner not talking to anyone and playing on his phone.

Soon enough everyone noticed Jungkook and I walking over, my heart was racing now after seeing Sungjoo being so emotionless.

“Jungkook!” Seungyoun runs over happily, he jumps on Jungkook hugging him before his eyes land on me which a ‘who the hell is this girl’ look. I gulp as Jungkook smiles at Seungyoun.

“Who is this?” Seungyoun asks Jungkook staring at me. Jungkook sighs and calls all the guys over.

When Yibo comes over and looks at Chae ri he automatically figures out who. Jungkook looks to Yibo and he knows that Yibo knows it is Chae ri.

“Well guys…” Jungkook starts. ”It is me Chae ri…” Chae ri finishes.

Everyone in the room freezes and goes dead silent, Sungjoo looks up and his eyes widen at the sight.

“Ch-Chae?” Yixuan asks and Chae ri nods tears in her eyes. All of UNIQ minus Sungjoo break out into tears and hug Chae ri automatically.

“OMG we missed you so much Chae ri, never leave us again!” Wenhan shouts as UNIQ and Chae ri hug tightly. Chae ri was happy that the guys missed her and were not angry at her.

After the whole hug and crying thing everyone composed themselves and it was now back to shock.

“Where did you go? Why did you leave?” Yibo asks.

Chae ri sighed and she looked up to see Sungjoo leave the room slamming the door. “I went to America… I will explain everything let’s just all sit down.” Chae ri walks over to the couches. UNIQ follow and all sit down as Chae ri sits on the single one.

“After the whole BTS incident I felt all this guilt come over me, I knew that you all still inside hated me for lying to you and never telling you Jungkook was my brother, I thought that if I left and went somewhere for a year I could give you guys space to thing about all that has happened and a break away from me who brought all the drama here… as I thought it was a good idea I know realise I made the hugest mistake of my life… I am sorry for betraying you all and lying… I needed to say that again so you all knew how I felt after a year.” Chae ri breaths out.

“You thought what was best and we do not blame you at all… but we did feel slightly hurt that you did not let us know about this and just got up and left… we love you Chae but you need to give us time to get back to normal with you and fully trust you but we are all happy you are here.” Yixuan smiles and looks at Chae ri.

“And the new you is pretty beautiful as well.” Wenhan adds.

“Oh yeah that…” Chae ri laughs a bit. “While I was in America my Aunty, who I was staying with helped me with so much, she made me think about a lot of stuff and I felt like I needed a new me, I was sick of being a nerd and after all the make-over I felt so me with this new look… it was something that made me happy and that was that.”

All of UNIQ were listening very deeply to Chae ri explaining all she could too them. “We all love your new you, but there is one problem…” Wenhan bites his lip.

Chae ri knew what he meant by that. “Sungjoo… I heard about that…” Chae ri was now shaking. “I need to go confront him guys…” Chae ri stands up.

“Chae… I do not think that is a good idea… he is fragile as ever so he acts cold to cover it.” Yixuan says worried.

“You cannot shield me anymore guys… I need to do this, I hurt him the most.” Chae ri sighs and heads to the room Sungjoo is in.

“This is not going to end well.” Yibo sighs. “She knows what she is doing.” Jungkook nods and the guys all discuss things while waiting.


Chae ri takes a deep breath before she opens the door to see Sungjoo punching a punching bag. “That’s new…” She says and Sungjoo turns his head.

“What do you want?” he asks angrily.

“I came to talk to you… please let me explain…” Chae ri gets cut off.

“Explain? Explain!?” Sungjoo is now getting angrier.

“Yes… please.” Chae ri pleads and Sungjoo punches the bag harder. “I do not need an explanation from you! You left me, us all why you disappeared! Never returned my calls, my messages and then you turn off your phone!!” Sungjoo walks forward.

“I thought if I left that it would be a good thing so you all could be normal without me and I knew you all still hated that I betrayed you and lied to you guys…” Chae ri says.

“Thought it would be a good thing? You leaving made everything worse!!! U leave me and never tell me where you ARE! I WAS SCARED THAT YOU DIED OR WORSE LEFT ME BECAUSE YOU HATED ME, YOU MADE THIS ABOUT YOU AND IT WAS THE STUPIDEST THNG YOU EVER DID” Sungjoo shouts and pins Chae ri against the wall holding her arms.

“I thought it was the right thing!” Chae ri shouts back holding her tears. “You broke my heart Chae ri! We all were fine with the whole ordeal and you made it worse by leaving!!!” Sungjoo is now even angrier and his eyes and filled with anger and hurt.

“I still love you Sungjoo…” Chae ri says softly looking into Sungjoo’s eyes.

Sungjoo felt all this emotion run through him, he kisses Chae ri in the moment. Chae ri kisses back thinking he forgave her.

Sungjoo stopped and punched the bag hard making it fall off. “Get out.” Sungjoo demands looking away from Chae ri.

“Sungjoo…” Chae ri walks forward slowly. “GET OUT!” Sungjoo screams making Chae ri fall back onto the floor.

“I WANT YOU OUT OF THIS ROOM” Sungjoo yells and Chae ri nods getting off the floor and leaving the room.

Sungjoo punches the wall and falls to the ground. He hated Chae ri so much for what she did… he felt so happy to see her but his rage for her leaving overtook that. “Why the hell did I kiss her!” Sungjoo clenches his fists and sits there.

Chae ri had left the room and walked over to the others shaking. “Are you okay Chae?” Wenhan asks. “We heard Sungjoo yelling…” He adds.

“I will be fine… I made him so mad… he hates my guts… he kissed me in the moment as well, all this has gone so wrong…” Chae ri blames herself.

“Hey… give it time… he will start to forgive you in time… it will take him longer remember that.” Yibo smiles.

Chae ri sighs and nods as she whips the tears in her eyes. “What is happening with you guys?” Chae ri asks.

“We are going for food going to come?” Jungkook asks. “Yeah… do not want to do anything else…” Chae ri stands up from the couch and follows the guys out of the building. They all walked to a restaurant close to their place.

Sungjoo had heard them all leave so he got up and walked out of the building too and headed to a bar next to their place. He was going to drink his sorrows and he did not care who got angry at him.


Chae ri, Jungkook and UNIQ arrived at the restaurant and walked in smelling the amazing food. “Ugh I miss Korean food.” Chae ri whines. “Well eat as much as you want.” Jungkook chuckles and everyone sits down at a table.

“What should we order?” Yixuan asks. “I want beef!” I shout and everyone laughs. “Of course beef, and we should get kimchi!” Wenhan adds, “And soju!” Yibo adds as well.

Everyone says what they want to add and then they let the waiter know what they wanna order.

“So since you have been gone for so long we need to do something fun together to celebrate, what should we do?” Yixuan asks.

Chae ri sits there thinking for moment. “How about we all go and have a picnic at the park!, I miss the Korean parks, a lot happened so I want to go to a park and have it turn out well.” Chae ri smiles.

“Great idea! We need to do it on the holidays, we have school remember Chae, and there is a dance coming up and we all decided to go, well except Sungjoo…” Wenhan says.

“Oh well I still would love to go, school wow forgot about that place after a year… well I am no longer a nerd maybe I will enjoy school.” Chae ri grins.

“School is still so , nothing interesting happens, we only go when we want to which is like 2 times a week… Jungkook goes to our school now to by the way.” Yibo says placing a hand on Jungkook shoulder.

“You never told me!” I punch Jungkook’s arm lightly. “I was going too soon… it slipped my mind okay.” Jungkook frowns and rubs his arms. “You have gotten stronger… why?” Jungkook narrows his eyes at Chae ri.

Chae ri looked away from Jungkook’s gaze and tried to change the subject. “So how was everyone’s year?”

“Jeong Chae ri did you take up boxing in America?” Jungkook asks annoyed.

Chae ri didn’t answer for a moment. “Ahhhh no I just hit harder I guess…” Chae ri laughs.

“I told you never to take it up! God why did you not listen to me?” Jungkook folds his arms.

Chae ri knew she was busted, “I did it for protection okay! After last year I needed to teach myself… so I did self-defense classes too…” Chae ri says softly.

“I never wanted you to ever do that Chae… god you really are annoying.” Jungkook shakes his head.

“Well deal with it brother because I took lessons and I know how to defend myself.” Chae ri looks back to the front.

Jungkook sighed and hugs his sister, “Sorry.” Jungkook smiles. Chae ri rolled her eyes and hit him again, “Stop getting so angry dude, anyway food is here let’s dig in.” Chae ri grins and everyone starts eating.


Sungjoo was at the bar with three shots in front of him, he had already had two vodka’s, two whiskies and were now onto shots. He was so annoyed at Chae ri he needed to drown his sorrows in alcohol.

“Another three shots!” Sungjoo yelled and the bar tender gave him three more. As Sungjoo was sculling down the third shot a woman about Sungjoo’s age who was also drunk sat next to him.

“Hey y, you seem to need a ladies attention.” The girl smirked as she placed her hand on Sungjoo’s arm. “Well for you I am open to any y lady who walks in here.” Sungjoo smirks slurring his words.

The girl moved her legs closer making so she was touching his. Sungjoo looked at her and edged closer so he was feeling her thighs.

“Baby boy we should really do this private, follow me.” The girl stood up and walked away from the bar, Sungjoo followed to the back where a uni bathroom was located. Sungjoo did not say anything more and just walked inside to see the girl sitting on the bench in between the sinks.

“Come here and show me how you do it.” The girl made a come here motion with her finger, her legs spread. Sungjoo immediately walked over and his lips mad contact with the girl’s lips instantaneously. He moved her closer so he was able to feel up her thighs as he lips traveled to the girls neck. The girl urged him on as the two made out.

After 5 minutes of making out Sungjoo and the girl walked out together heading towards UNIQ’s place. Sungjoo wanted to have with this girl. Whenever Sungjoo was drunk he would have with all different girls, it was a way of forgetting about Chae ri, which made UNIQ mad at him but Sungjoo didn’t care.

When Sungjoo and the girl walked into the building Sungjoo grabbed her and yanked the girl straight into the room next door and automatically took off his and her cloths before he pushed her against the wall kissing her even more in other places as well before he and her had on the bed.


Chae ri, Jungkook and UNIQ all finished eating and had been chatting about what happened the year Chae had been gone. “So we ditched the last day of school and just sat outside eating pizza and they never realised it was great.” Yixuan grins.

“Wow… I missed a lot there didn’t i?” Chae ri laughs. “Hey that pizza was great okay!” Wenhan adds. This made Chae ri laugh even more.

“I will pay for the food, we should go back and make sure Sungjoo isn’t wrecking out hosue.” Yixuan rolls his eyes and puts the money on the table and they all walk out the door.

“Want a piggyback ride Chae?” Yibo asks. “Sure!” Chae ri grins and jumps onto Yibo’s back and the guys all continue to walk.

“So is America as good as they say it is?” Seungyoun asks.

“it is best! Took a while to learn how to speak English but I have gotten good, still is hard pronouncing words but Korea is my home and I love it better here, besides you guys are all here, and you Yibo.” Chae ri smiles and hugs Yibo from her position on his back.

“Yeah it is better you being here then there, we missed you too much.” Wenhan smiles.

Chae ri nodded and rested her head on Yibo’s back closing her eyes and enjoying the moment and listening to UNIQ and her brother being so happy.


Chae ri, Jungkook and UNIQ arrived at the house still chatting, Chae ri hopped off Yibo’s back and walked in first. “Well he did not wreck the place… but where is he?” Chae ri looks around frowning.

“Would he be at the bar?” Jungkook asks UNIQ. “Possibly…” Yixuan sighs.

Chae ri was not listening to the guys, she had heard noises from the room in front so he walked towards it leaving the guys to look around other places, Chae ri could hear so he opened the door quickly. Her eyes landed on Sungjoo ing into a random girl in the bed.

Chae ri’s eyes widened and a gasp left as she stumbled back hitting the door. Sungjoo heard the noise and looked over to see Chae ri.

“Who is that?” the girl asked puffing. “Just a little girl.” Sungjoo chuckled still slightly drunk.

“What is going on Chae…” Yibo asked before his eyes also landed on Sungjoo.

‘WHAT THE HELL!?” Yibo roared. “Shut up dumb-witt.” Sungjoo laughs.

Now all of UNIQ and Jungkook had walked over and seen Sungjoo. “Go away all of you.” Sungjoo yelled.

Chae ri couldn’t move but she needed to get out. “Let me out.” Chae ri moved the guys and ran out of the building her eyes watering. Everyone turned to Sungjoo and shook their heads before leaving.

“Leave, get dressed.” Sungjoo got off the girl and started putting on his clothes. “Okay well you know where to find me baby.” The girl smirked and put on her and dress, she bent down to put on her shoes and purposely did it so Sungjoo was looking at her .

“Bye baby.” The girl smirked and walked out. Sungjoo was still drunk so he stumbled out laughing.

“You all have timing, Chae ri must be so angry as hell.” Sungjoo chuckles.

“You brought a girl here!? That is stupid Sungjoo!” Yixuan shouts. “Ugh shush, I am allowed to have with whoever I want, you are not my mother and Chae ri is not my girlfriend so get over it.” Sungjoo pushes past Yixuan.

“No!” Yixuan grabs Sungjoo. “Listen here, she made a mistake, that does not mean u bring a girl home, she saw all of that and you can stand here and not feel bad at all? Get over yourself Sungjoo.” Yixuan pushes Sungjoo back and leaves.

“Whatever.” Sungjoo waves his hands around and walks back into the room.

Chae ri had run out of the building and was leaning against the wall outside. “W-what did I see... no he cannot have been doing that… no.” Chae ri repeated the word no as she slid down to the ground tears falling down her face.

“Chae?” A voice says and Chae ri can hear footsteps walking towards her, Chae ri looked up and Yibo had sat next to her.

“I-I-I…” Chae ri speaks but Yibo just hugs her. “Shhhhhhh, it is okay don’t talk.” Yibo sighed and holds onto Chae ri who continues to cry.

Yibo hated Chae ri crying… he hated Sungjoo for making her feel like this. Yibo still liked Chae ri… he never stopped he just knew Chae ri would always love Sungjoo so he kept this feelings deep down but seeing Chae like this reminded him of that.

Chae ri and Yibo sat outside for about 2 hours, Chae ri finally stopped crying after about an hour. She had calmed down but was still a bit upset.

“I wish I never left… everything would have been normal… Sungjoo and I still together and he would not be doing all this… it hurts.” Chae ri sighs.

“Hey, stop blaming yourself, Sungjoo is just stupid and handled this wrong, just believe me okay.” Yibo smiles.

“Okay…” Chae ri smiles hardly but you see it a bit. Yibo looked at Chae ri and he felt his heart race.

Chae ri noticed Yibo staring and her eyes landed on his lips. Chae ri shook her head but she looked back and her eyes went back to that same spot.

“Are you okay?” Yibo asks. “I… your lips are so pretty.” Chae ri looks at Yibo.

“Thanks, yours are too, I really do not want to do this but it is killing me Chae…” Yibo sighs.

“Do what? Kiss me?” Chae ri blurts out. “How did you?” Yibo starts. “I want to kiss you.” Chae ri says.

“But Sungjoo….” Yibo says. “I know but I feel like if I do kiss you it will feel right… I…” Chae ri looks down.

Yibo tilts Chae ri’s chin up with his hands and his face leans closer to Chae ri’s before kissing her. Chae ri kisses back.

Chae ri continued to kiss Yibo not caring about anything at the moment. Yibo also kept kissing Chae ri, he felt so happy doing this, it was not cheating because Chae ri and Sungjoo were not together.

Chae ri continued to kiss Yibo as she moves closer to him wrapping her arms around his neck, she did not want to stop, she was lonely, upset and Yibo was the only one wanting to kiss her. “I love kissing you.” Chae ri says.

“I… I do too but this is something we cannot do again…. I like you Chae ri, I always have but if I do something rash and you end up back with Sungjoo I cannot be having guilt. You still love him and I will not do anything to change that.” Yibo stands up. “please remember that Chae.” Yibo walks inside.

Chae ri sat there Yibo’s words running through her head. “Maybe I was stupid to kiss him… I am so broken.” Chae ri stands up and slowly walks in where UNIQ minus Sungjoo are sitting on the couches.

“Hey Chae you okay?” Yixuan asks. “I will be soon… hopefully, uh I need to confess something….” Chae ri sighed and looked at all the guys. “I kissed Yibo… I was so mentally ed and I kissed him not caring and I am sorry for doing that Yibo and I am sorry for being so stupid and leaving.” Chae ri bows saying sorry.

UNIQ all hop up and hug Chae ri. “Thank you for telling us and we do not blame you… things will get better just wait.” Wenhan says smiling.

Jungkook also joined in on the hug. Everyone was comforting Chae ri now and after they all sat down watching a movie peacefully. Chae ri had snuggled up to Wenhan and Jungkook had his legs laid on Chae ri.