Chapter 4

An Angel's Love Story

 

There are things that we don’t want in our life at first, things that we want to just go away but ends up being used to it, and over some time, grew fond of it that we learn to accept it and love it. That’s what happened to me when some kind of annoying Angel just pop out into my life. She’s loud, childish and playful that sometimes I just want her to disappear.

 Being independent at the age of 17 and living alone until now that I’m 20, all those years of being with myself alone, my life was peaceful.. serene.. quiet.. I was contented with my life, of being alone that after Seohyun appeared, that peacefulness, serenity, and quietness that I have for three years just fly out of the window and were replaced by an annoying laugh, loud voice and playful giggles. The first week was hell, with her following me everywhere, babbling like a lunatic and constantly poking in my arms. But after that weekend where we both sang my favourite song that I realize having Seohyun wasn’t that bad at all; that having some company in my house gives me a nice feeling inside me, that she gives off a nice vibe in the house, that she makes the atmosphere of my house more lively and fun.

 But this doesn’t change the fact that she’s annoying as hell because right now, her foot is slightly hitting my foot under the table while I’m eating.

“Hey~”

“Hiii~”

“Are you there?”

“Yong~?”

“What the hell, stop calling me that!”

I glared at her but she just laugh at me. “You’re so cute~ Yong~”

“Ugh. Whatever.” And I continued eating while I hear her laughter in the background. After some time of chewing down some food, I suddenly realized that I knew little information about her.

“Yah, Seohyun”

“Yes?” She turn to me, luckily, she stopped laughing a minute ago and smiled.

“Why are you really here? I mean, why can I see you? Why are you here with me?” These questions are running into my mind the day I saw her. Why does an Angel suddenly appears in front of me and is willing to help me confess my feelings to my long time crush when in fact I’m too old for that Guardian Angel thing.

“Oh, that. I was punished because I was naughty back there above so as an assignment, I have to help you.”

“But why me?”

“Why not you? But honestly though, I don’t know either.”

“Oh.. okay... But I can’t believe it, even there up above, you’re still naughty?”

And she grins at me with her hands form peace sign. “I can’t help it, I’m just having fun you know.”

She is just unbelievable.

 

 

The educational tour we all have been waiting for is announced, which is two weeks away from now. The four pair of eyes directed to me, my friends and Seohyun who is beside me, floating and I nod in agreement. After the last period in the morning, we gathered at our usual spot in the cafeteria and talked about my confession.

“We have two weeks to prepare for your confession hyung.” Jungshin informed me, forgetting that I can count to.

“I know. So I have a long time to prepare.” I told them. They saw the hesitation in my eyes and they all give me a reassuring smile.

“It’s okay hyung. Everything’s gonna be alright.”

I looked to my front and I saw Seohyun giving me her calming smile and I feel my lips form into a smile. I can do it!

And for the whole week, we planned my confession and we settled for the idea of me singing a song to her while playing the guitar under the night sky with stars decorating it.

 

“Why are you alone? I mean, why are you living by yourself?” Seohyun asked me one night when I’m seated at the couch in the living room and strumming my guitar. I’ve been practicing the song I’ll sing to Sunmi for days now.

I looked at her, not knowing how to respond. After three years, I found myself thinking about them again. I feel the familiar ache in my chest and I clutched the area where the pain is located to ease it. I looked down and closed my eyes; I don’t want to remember bad memories.

 Suddenly, I felt Seohyun beside me.

“I’m sorry... but what’s wrong?” Her voice is calm and I feel myself tear up. I can’t believe that a mere question can make all the pain in the past comes back.

I don’t know. Maybe it’s because of her soothing voice or her angelic features, but I find myself pouring my heart out to her as she hugged me tightly.

-----

Tell me what you think....? 

(Having difficulty on what to write, haalp.) Sorry if this is lame.