Chapter 3

An Angel's Love Story

I tried to make my assignments but ended up making this instead :>

--------

Out of all days in a week, my favourite days are weekend because it means peace and rest for me, with no need to wake up early in the morning and spending the whole day sprawled on my bed, well, that’s what my weekend before. Because right now, some angel is pestering me early in the morning with a series of poking in my arms and sometimes pulling the duvet away from me, allowing the bright light invade my room and disturb my peaceful sleep.

“What’s wrong with you?!” I shouted with irritation, giving up after a minute of forcing myself to sleep and stopping the psycho from pestering me even more.

“It is morning already, why are you still in bed. I’m boooored” She whine and started flying across my room, wings flapping like crazy and almost knock my lamp beside my bed.

“I don’t care if you’re bored, it’s not my business” I swing the duvet over my head, hoping she’d just stop and let me sleep more, but no, she’s very persistent in annoying me.

“Okay! I’m awake now, can you please shut up?”

“Okay!” A grin and a salute was what I got from her.

 

 

Making breakfast was hard, especially when someone is floating beside you and follows everywhere you go.

“Hey, could you please step aside? I’m making my breakfast here, can’t you see?”

“Oops, sorry. It’s just that it’s so fascinating and I feel like I know what you are cooking! I feel like I’ve cooked before.”

I was shocked to know that. Angels cook, too? Wow.

“Angels cook?”

“No. We don’t even eat, how’s that possible. That’s why it’s weird.”

“That’s really weird. Do you think you lived as a human before?”

“Nope. No memory at all. Aish, nevermind. But before I forgot, have you decided yet? Confessing to Sunmi...?”

I nearly choked in my own saliva. Wow. She really is persistent on helping me.

“After thinking for weeks, maybe I want to confess. Like, my heart aches knowing someone can have her and I don’t want to live the rest of my life with what if’s so I’ve decided, I’m confessing.”

“Waah~ I’m so excited! That’s great! So what’s the plan?” Seohyun faced me with her twinkling eyes.

 

 

“Should we ask some help from her friends?” Jonghyun suggested. I have again called them that day to tell them my decision. And now, here we are at our usual spot and making up some plan, Seohyun comfortably sprawled on the floor beside Minhyuk.

“We can but first let us decide when are you going to confess” Jungshin added.

“It’s this time of the year where we’ll have our tour and were going to have an overnight. Isn’t it a perfect day to confess? I heard we’re staying at a resort.” Minhyuk inform us and we all agreed.

“Wow, overnight in a resort? I want to come, too! You have to bring me with you!” Seohyun suddenly yells and I was glad I didn’t flinch with her sudden action or else the guys will think I’m weird.

The rest of the day was spent by playing some games and watching movies with them.

 

On Sunday morning, I woke up with a low hum of Your Guardian Angel by the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus of a female voice. Opening my eyes, I saw Seohyun floating in the air with her eyes close and whole-heartedly humming the said song.

“You know the song?” Upon hearing my voice, Seohyun’s eyes snaps open and looked down to where I was.

“Noooo.. I just feel like humming it, felt very familiar but I don’t remember knowing the song or singing it.”

“It’s my favourite song. Want to hear it?”

“Really?”

I nod and got up. I found my guitar and returns to sit on the bed. Seohyun hurriedly sits across me.

And my Sunday was spent just like that, singing songs to an Angel. I felt a familiar feeling inside me. I really miss playing my guitar; it’s been a long time. And it’s so fascinating, never knew we could be this close.

---------

Is it okay? I hope it is...