I Really Like You

Room 227

October 16, 2015

Cheers rang harshly in Luhans ears as he ran down the field like his life depended on it. Tao sprinted right beside him, helping Luhan reach the goal without the cruel defense of the other team. The black and white ball was kicked over to Taehyun, who promtly kicked it to Tao then back over Luhan who was now only a few meters away from the goal. With swift movements the ball was kicked up into the air and into the goal, merely skiming over the goalies fingers. A loud whistle sounded through the air signaling the end of the game and the crowd went wild, the loosing team slumped back over to their benches with humiliation. Tao and a few other team mates rushed over to Luhan and proceeded to create a rather large group hug. 

"We did it!" Tao screamed, shaking Luhan by his shoulders. "We made it to nationals!" 

"I knew I can count on all of you." One of the three coaches cried, wiping tears of joy from his eyes. "I am so proud!" 

"Let's go out for some food ya? We'll pay." The other coach said happily. "Right Siwon? Seunghyun?" The coach who was joyously crying nodded his head, pulling in team mates for hugs. 

"All right. Before we go, we need to pack up our stuff and tell the other team good game okay?" Coach Seunghyun instructed. 

They all lined up on the center of the field, while the other team did the same. Incheon was a tough group of players but Seoul was even tougher. Luhan was in front and walked forward, holding up his right hand to give them a high five. Some of the players didn't say good game and only glared at them while some others smiled brightly and told them they were a good team. As they made their way back over to grab their belongings a pair of arms wrapped themselves around Luhans shoulder. 

"Congrats guys!!" Baekhyun smiled. Kris had gone over tackled Tao to the ground playfully, telling him he was proud of Tao's hard work. 

"Thanks. It means alot." Luhan smiled, stuffing his cleets into his duffel bag. 

"Alright! Boys listen up. A third of you will go with coach Siwon, a third will go with coach Seunghyun and a third will go with me. We've decided on going to that new Japanese place." Coach Dong-wan announced, making the team messily throw everything in their bags. Luhan and Tao sat side by side, pulling on their sweatpants and sneakers watching the bleachers empty out. 

"So we'll talk to you later?" Joonmyeon asked. 

"Yeah we have a team dinner now and I think I have to go put in some time at the medical center since I missed out on Sunday." Luhan grumbled thinking about the slight sting in his mouth from where his stitches were placed. 

"Okay. See you later!" Jondae waved good bye as did the rest of them and they walked away. 

 

A certain building caught Luhan's eye and he stared back at it as they continued driving but some strange aura drew him to there.

Sehun....

How are you? Sorry I haven't come by but I got hurt and then I was busy. I'll stop by later though. I promise.

 

 

Sehun felt better today which honestly surprised him. His lungs were fine and they even took out the tube from his ribs yesterday because the doctors said he was getting better. He stretched out his legs and yawned tiredly even though it was about 1:30 in the afternoon. The IV in his arm was bothering him and he was about to yank it out but the nurse that had come in earlier had taped it down so it was impossible to do that. On his bedside table he pulled out a small mirror and held it in front of his face, observing his sickly features. Sunken in eyes with dark bags under them stared back at Sehun. Cheek bones protruded out of his pale skin. His once plump lips were now chapped and had no healthy color to them. The dark brown locks of hair had lost all shine and health, making his hair look dead and stringy. Sehun sadly put the mirror down on his lap, glancing at the dark blue veins that appeared under his skin. He felt ty about his life; not because he was sick and stuck in the hospital but because he had no one to comfort him sincerly and tell him he'd truly be okay. He got fed up with his thoughts and put the mirror back in the drawer and laid down, closing his eyes to sleep.

A soft knock awoke Sehun from his nap, making him turn his head in the direction of the door. With half lidded eyes he saw someone peek their head inside and step in, quietly shutting the door behind them. Sehun lifted up and arm and rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand, trying to identfy the stranger. 

"Sehun? Are you sleeping?" He knew that voice, that peaceful soft voice which belonged to someone that wasn't quite a stranger. Luhan. 

"Hi." Sehun whispered, staring Luhan's flawless face as he walked closer. 

"Were you sleeping? I didn't mean to bother you." Luhan said quietly, taking a light blue chair to sit beside Sehun's bed. 

"It's okay. I was only a little sleepy." Sehun was laid on his back, with his messy bed head all over the pillow. 

"Are you feeling okay? One of the nurses said you had trouble breathing on Sunday." He stood up and fixed the blankets properly over Sehun's lower half. 

"Yeah I'm fine. They even took out that stupid tube from my chest." Sehun's voice was hoarse but he still gave Luhan a small smile. 

"That's great Sehun." Luhan smiled back .

"You look tired. What did you do today?" Sehun asked. 

"We had our final game of tournaments today, which we won, and I got hurt on Sunday."

"Seems like Sunday wasn't a good day for either of us. So what happened?" 

"Well I was at soccer practice and someone kicked the ball too hard and in the wrong direction and I wasn't paying attention so by the time I knew it, my friend called out to me and next thing I know I was smacked in the face with it." Luhan leaned forward to show Sehun the healing stitches in his mouth. "My friends drove me to the hopital after that." 

Sehun remained quiet but as weird as it sounded he couldn't help but look at Luhan's lips. He worked himself out of that weird moment and thought of something. He lifted his hands into the air and signaled for Luhan to help him up. 

"What are you-Oh! You want to sit up, okay." Luhan laughed and pulled Sehun up gently, placing a soft pillow behind him while he sat criss-crossed across from the patient. 

"Sehun." Luhan took a breath in and looked up at him. "I want to know more about you.....but I don't know why." He whispered the last part and prayed that Sehun didn't hear since it sounded too harsh. Sadly Sehun rasied an eyebrow at him and kept quiet. 

"No n-no not like t-that. I-I mean that- I just-You know-Don't be mad I-" Luhan, in the midst of his stuttered apologies, fell backwards off the bed with a loud 'thump'. He groaned at the pain that resonated from behind his head, and he sat up with his head peeking over the foot of the bed a bit. His doe eyes widened when he saw Sehun holding in a laugh until finally he burst out laughing and Luhan thought it was the most beautiful laugh he'd ever heard. 

"Luhan, are you okay?" Sehun chuckled which turned into coughing. Luhan stood up quickly and rushed over to his side. 

"The question is, are you okay?"

"Yeah." 

A few silent moments passed when suddenly the two young men began to laugh uncontrollably at their silliness. It was peaceful being with one another like this, in total comfort. Luhan discovered that Sehun's favorite color was white, his birthday was April 12, and he really liked Running Man. Sehun on the other found out that Luhan, despite having soft girlish features about him, liked to be considered a manly man, the color red was his favorite, he's actually Chinese and Sehun was shockingly younger than him. 

"You're old." Sehun laughed. 

"Ya! That's not a way to speak to your hyung." Luhan said, pretending to be angry but failed. 

"Sorry." Sehun stayed smiling and it warmed up Luhan's heart.

It was about 7:30 and the nurse that came in to check up on Sehun, told Luhan he had to go home since volunteer/visiting hours ended at this time. He got up and ruffled Sehun's brown hair, giving him a gentle grin before he left. Sehun sat in his bed, the butterflies fluttered around rapidly in his stomach and his heart thumped against his chest. 

Luhan, I like you. I really really like you....

 

His apartment was cold and quiet and Luhan suddenly felt lonely. He chucked his shoes off and went into the kitchen, despite having eaten a bit with Sehun he was still fairly hungry. A tupperware bowl of noodles and kimchi caught his eye and Luhan put it in the microwave, silently thanking his mother who actually made the meal. He decided to go change into some pajamas while his food warmed up and threw on some basketball shorts and a too-big t-shirt, leaving on his colorful socks for warmth. The microwave beeped loudly, letting Luhan know that his food was done. When he rushed over to grab his food, he realized that his stomach was filled with weird little butterflies. He shook it off and plopped down on his couch turning on his tv to watch some random show. That random show turned out to be Running Man and his mind immediately went to Sehun. 

Sehun, why do you do this me? Why do I like you so much? You make me smile and yet we've only talked twice, I really like you