Chapter 2

TO HIM WHOM I DIDN’T NOTICE

Chapter 2

HYOYEON'S POV

 

 

I shifted on the comfortable bed and slowly open my eyes. What a good way to start my day, a throbbing pain in my head and the hot raise of the sun in my skin. I groaned as I slowly sat on the top of the bed. I looked around and saw a quite familiar room. I look at the side table and saw a photograph of Sooyoung’s family. “Why didn’t they wake me up?” I asked myself and  then went out to find my friends.

 

I saw a room and opened it. I know this isn’t Siwon’s. I peeked in the room and saw my friends sleeping. Though they looked like in complete chaos right now, I won’t cut their sleep. I know they are still tired and a huge hangover is waiting to attack them later.So, I went to the kitchen and saw Siwon preparing the ingredients. When he felt my presence, he looked up and I saw that he was a bit startled. “Good Morning” He greeted me and I just nod at him and went to the fridge to get some cold water. I ignored the owner’s presence and sat on one of the seats. Yes, I’m that at home. “You still drink cold water early in the morning?” He asked with disbelief. “Where is Sooyoung?” I asked him ignoring what he said. “Uh, she went out earlier. She said she’ll buy breakfast. I know she’ll buy from fast food that won’t help lessen the hangover so decided to make some hangover food.” He said. “I didn’t know there is a so called ‘hangover food’.” I said and looked at him. “It’s just a soup.” He said and grinned. “It’s not really hangover food but it I think it would help.” He explained. “Sooyoung shared a room with me?” I questioned him but Sooyoung arrived and answered for his brother. “No.” She said shortly as she put the food in the table. “Where did you sleep then?” I asked her. “The other room.” Sooyoung replied and smirked at me as she saw me massaging my temples. “You drugged me!” I accused her. I glanced at Siwon and he is also throwing accusing stares to his sister. “I didn’t!” She replied and laughed so hard. “What did you do then?” I asked her in a loud voice. “Well, I mixed your drink with a powder than can make you dizzy and can give you headache. Something near sleeping pills but in powder form.” Sooyoung answered. “What? You’re a doctor! You should have thought about the consequences!” Siwon yelled at his sister. “You’re crazy.” Siwon and I chorused. “You’re destined.” Sooyoung mumbled but I didn’t hear her clearly. “What?” I asked her. “I heard you and shut up.” Eros warned her. “What?” I asked again then Sooyoung smirked. “He said that I should shut up.” She said and eyed her brother. “Whatever. I have to go. Thank you for the night.” I stand up and was about to leave when I remembered something. “Wait, I don’t have a car. Let me borrow yours.” I went back to them and looked at Sooyoung. “Later. Eat first then Siwon will drive you home. I’ll wait for the girls to wake up.” Erika said and prepared the food. “Okay but just let me borrow your car.” I said and started helping her prepare the table for the three of us who are awake.

 

“I still can’t believe you mixed something to my drink. I almost died because of the headache.” I said and glared at my bestfriend. “Just eat.” She said put another set of rice on my plate. I groaned and spoke. “By the way, who brought me to the room?” I asked. “Did you expect that I’ll carry your fat ? Hell no. Of course, it’s my brother.” Sooyoung answered and I glanced at her brother for an answer and he smiled at me. With that, I knew that it was him. “He said you passed out.” Sooyoung commented. “I’m done.” I proclaimed and sat up. “I’ll clean the dishes but make sure that you’ll give me the key. I’ll just ask my driver to drop it here.” I said while eyeing Sooyoung. I went to the living room and fished my phone in my bag and saw my brother’s caller ID flashed on the screen. It’s silent again. I thought to myself. “Is your phone on silent mode again?” He asked me not even greeting me. “Good morning to you too and yes it is.” I said to annoy him. “I told you not to put it on silent mode right? Can you just listen to me?” Here we go to the father mode of him. “Yes Dad.” I replied. “I’ll make sure not to put it on silent mode again.” I added. “Good. So, I called because mom asked me to do so. She said you’ll get married soon.” He said seriously. “What? No way!” I yelled. “I’m just joking. Seriously, mom asked me to call you because you weren’t at your condo. She was worried.” He said. “I’m at Siwon’s.” I answered him. “You spent the night there?” He asked with a hint of something in his voice. “Yeah” I answered shortly. “What? You slept with that bastard? Are you playing with me?” He asked and laughed so hard. “No worries Hyo. I’ll support you all the way. Actually, everyone is both on your side.” He said with a teasing voice. “I did n’\t sleep with him. You are my brother and you’re saying that it’s okay for me to do that? My bad.” I said while shaking my head in disapproval. “How did you get there then?” He asked me. “It’s a long story. Tell mom that we decided to stay here for the night because the girls got wasted yesterday then luckily, Siwon offered his penthouse for us.” I replied. “So, you didn’t drink?” Ask my brother from the other line. “I did but just a little.” I answered him. “Cool. I have to go. Bye and remember, work on your new collection.” My older brother said. “Okay bye.” I replied and ended the call.

 

After the call with my one and only loving brother, I went back to the kitchen and saw that it’s already clean. “Who cleaned? I said I will.” I mumbled to myself. “I heard it. Sooyoung cleaned. To repay you about what she did yesterday.” Siwon answered as he finished his usual coffee and put in on the sink. “Where is she?” I asked him. “I think she went to check on the girls.” He answered. I went to the room where the girls are staying and saw Sooyoung just about to close the door. “Are they awake?” I asked her and she shook her head. “How can we finish the task mom gave to me if we’re incomplete.” She mumbled then she slapped me on the arm. “TODAY IS SIWON'S BIRTHDAY!” She snapped and looked at me with wide eyes. I was also surprised about it. I almost forgot about it, well, I really forgot. “I have to go. Just ask Siwon to drive for you then ask him to tell his housekeeper to let the girls eat and leave immediately. I’ll just text you guys my location. Right now, I really need to go.” Sooyoung shrieked like a little girl then went to the room next to where we were standing. After seconds, she went out with her bag. “I know his housekeeper. I even have her number. I can call her. Let’s just leave together.” I said. I really don’t want Siwon to drive for me. I’ll feel guilty if he will. Today is his birthday and I didn’t even greet him and in addition to that, I’ll ask him to drive for me. “He changed his housekeeper about a week ago.” Sooyoung replied and ran hastily to the door. I laughed when she almost slipped on the way.

 

I went inside the room and saw my friends still scattered at the room. I think their arrangement changed and I smiled. Still can’t stand their odor. I went out and was about to start my pace off to the kitchen but the doorbell rang so I ran to it and opened it. A smiling lady in her mid-40s greeted me. “Hello” I greeted her. “Are you Siwon’s girlfriend?” She asked me with a bright and I smiled. “No, I’m his friend. Actually, I’m his sister’s bestfriend.” I replied and I let her in. “Good morning Sir.” The lady greeted her boss. I didn’t know he was behind me. “Good Morning. Can you please clean the CRs?. My sister’s friends puked there. Actually, there are pukes in the room too but do the CR first. I’m sure when they wake up, they’ll rush there. Don’t include the CR in my room.” Siwon said. I looked at him and smiled apologetically. The lady nodded and glanced at me. “It’s good to see a pretty lady early in the morning.” She winked at me and I smiled slyly at her. The housekeeper then went to clean. “Hey, Sooyoung left already. She said that I should ask you to ask your housekeeper to let the girls eat then leave afterwards. She said that the girls should follow her but I don’t know where to follow her.” I said. “Yeah, she already texted me. You didn’t receive her text?” He asked me. I took my phone out of my pocket and saw Sooyoung’s text. “It’s silent.” I smiled at him. “She asked me to drive you. To where?” He questioned me. “Just drop me to my condo.” I replied. “Okay, wait here. I’ll inform the housekeeper.” He said then followed the housekeeper’s direction.

 

“I’m sorry.” I said as he starts the car’s engine. He is now driving me to my condo and I didn’t even greet him a happy birthday. Before, I’m one of the last person who will greet him but for the past 24 hours, my friends already disturbed him not only once but I don’t know how many times. The stay in his penthouse, the pukes and I’m sure the other stuff that only Sooyoung and the others knows. “For what?” He blurted out. “Well, in behalf of the girls. You know what I mean.” I replied. “It’s nothing.” He replied. “You don’t have work today?” He asked me. “I have though I’ll only stay at home. I need to finish the collection soon.” I answered him. “Another collection? That’s good.” He said. He sounded so business man like when he said it and I’m happy he’s not using his friendly self. “It is but it’s so stressful.” I commented. “But you love what you’re doing.” He said with a smile. I glanced at him and realized that he wasn’t even looking at me when he said that. “I’m here.” I said as he stopped the car in front of my condominium building. I stepped out of the car and walked to his side. I knocked on his window then he slowly opened it. “I’m sorry and thank you.” I said and smiled at him. When he smiled back at me, I started walking but after few steps, I turn back at him and saw him still looking at me. “Happy Birthday!” I yelled in greeting him. I saw that he was stunned for a second then he smiled and replied. “Thank you.” He said and flashed another boyish smile that he already mastered and that I usually receive.

 

I got a run through of the clothes that I’ve design. I smiled proudly at myself. I dialed my brother’s number and after few rings he answered. “Hey, I’m done. I hope it would be enough and mom would approve it.” I said to him right away as he picks up the phone. “Hello!” He greeted me. “That’s good to hear. I’m sure mom would love it.” He replied. “I’ll ask my secretary to hand it to you. Is that okay?” I asked. “Okay, I’ll expect it hours from now. How come you made it really fast?” He questioned me. “Mom only asked me to make 5 more designs. Actually, I made 8 and I decided to include it. Mom might like it.” I said. “Are you happy or stressed?” He asked me. “You only make designs that fast when you’re happy or sad.” He said. Am I happy? I’m sure as hell I’m not sad neither stressed or maybe I’m really stressed. “I don’t know. I have to call my secretary now. Bye!” I said. “Okay, I love you” He held. “I love you too. See ya~” I replied and ended the call. I quickly dialed my secretary and she answered right away. “Hello Lea!” I greeted her. “You’re happy miss.” She immediately commented. I am? I asked myself. “I think I am.” I abruptly said. I cleared my throat and spoke. “So, can you come here in my condo? I’ll give you the designs I made for the collection.” I said. “Sure Miss. When?” She asked. “Is it okay right now?” I asked hoping that she’s not busy. “I’m on my way Miss.” She replied. “Okay, take care.” I said and ended the call. I put my phone at my desk and lay my head on the desk to relax a bit. After minutes, my phone rang. “Yes?” I answered without looking who’s calling. "Hyoyeon, can you come here at the house? We need your help.” I heard Sooyoung’s voice. “Are the other girls there?” I asked. “Yes, we’ve been here since morning. We really need your help right now. We can’t decide on what food will we serve later. Since you’re good at eating, please help us.” She said and laughed. “Are you saying I’m a pig?” I asked and joined her laughing. “You’re the one who said that!” Sooyoung retorted and we laughed harder. “Okay, I’ll be there. I just need to wait for my secretary to give her something then I’ll be on my way.” I said as I calmed down. “Alright! Thank you. Bring bikini or swim wear with you because mom decided to make Siwon’s birthday a pool party.” She said then ended the call before I could complain. I don’t really like showing so much skin but I can wear jeans in a pool party. That’s fashion. I thought to myself.

 

“Where are you?” Taeyeon asked through the phone. “I’m here.” I said as I park my car in front of the house. “Walk faster” She commanded and I rolled my eyes. “I’m tired.” I mumbled and ended the call. Any second from now, Irish will be running on my way to yell at me that I’m a pig, rant that they’ve been waiting for almost 2 hours and etc. Truthfully, she is coming with a plate in her hand. “Eat.” She said and put a food in my mouth which I don’t know. “You know, it’s almost 2 hours and you’re walking like you’re going to bury your husband. Like you’re in a funeral!” She said. “This tastes good.” I replied. “But I don’t think it will fit the Pool party.” I said and we started walking to the house’s door. “How about this?” She asked me. “What is this?” I asked. “Just eat.” She said and shoved the food into my mouth. “This is also good and I think, people would like this.” I said. “Who cooked? You should have asked a caterer.” I said as we reached the kitchen. “Why didn’t we think about that?” Seohyun blurted out. “Oh my God! Tell me you did.” I said. “We didn’t.” Jessica answered and I laughed hard. “Until now.” I mumbled. “You’re complete.” Sooyoung’s mom greeted us as she enters the kitchen. “Why are you cooking? Are you guys hungry already? The caterer isn’t here yet but I assure you, they’ll be here soon.” Sooyoung’s mom said. I glanced at the other girls as I saw disappointment and joy in their eyes. “I have to check outside if you decorated well. I missed you girls. I missed your work.” She added then went out again. “You didn’t even ask if the food is already taken care of.”  I said as I saw them sit in the chairs. “I’m tired. After the efforts.” Sunny said. “Why didn’t we ask my mom again?” Sooyoung asked. “So, the only thing that your mom asked us to do is the decoration of the venue?” Yoona asked. “It’s alright. At least now, we can eat without waiting for the caterer. We can also add the food we prepared to the menu. It depends on the people If they’ll eat it or not.” Yuri said. “Do you expect plenty of guests?” I asked. “I don’t really know.” Sooyoung replied. “It’s fine. Now, make yourselves pretty again. Hot guys might come over or Siwon’s college friends might.” I said. “That’s correct. Let’s get ready. Guests may arrive anytime soon.” Yoona cracked so Sooyoung pulled us off to her room.

 

“Hyoyeon, can I talk to you for a second?” Tita Seulgi, Sooyoungs’s mom said to me. “Sure Tita” I replied and followed her. The girls and I call each other’s parents as Tita and Tito. We’ve been using that since the day we met them though at first, we were so awkward but now, calling them Tita and Tito has been so pleasing to our ears. When our real parents aren’t there, everyone else are there to support and act like one for us. “Darling, you know Siwon gained another year today right? Can you please look at him. I’m not saying literally look at him nor look after him. Just look at him. Look at him the way you view what I said to you. Soon, you will realize.” She said. I didn’t answer because I honestly don’t know what she’s talking about and I don’t know what to say. “I know you’re puzzled but soon you’ll realize.” She said and smiled warmly at me. She then hugged me. “I have to go Darling.” She said and left me there standing like a stone and dumbfounded. When I realized that she was out of sight, I looked down and thought about what she said. ‘Look at him.’ What the does that mean? I asked myself.