Chapter 3

TO HIM WHOM I DIDN’T NOTICE

Chapter 3

 

HYOYEON'S POV

 

 

“Where have you been?” Yoona asked me as I enter Sooyoung’s room. Should I tell them what happened or not? I asked myself. “Uh, I received a call from my secretary.” I lied and it looks like Yoona was satisfied with my answer so I smiled inwardly. “You won’t change?” I examined her. She then answered. “No. I’ll just wear this jeans but I’ll change my top. I think a crop top would suit this.” She replied. “Yeah, but your top must show some belly buttons.” I advised her. “That’s great because I brought that kind.” She said. “Won’t you change?” She asked me. “I’ll think about it.” I said as I look at my outfit. I’m just wearing a tattered skinny jeans and a simple off shoulder tank top. “You won’t change?” Taeyeon asked as she went out from the walk in closet already changed and ready. “Do I have to?” I asked and glanced at their clothes. As what I’ve thought, I’m the only one who is wearing jeans. Most of them wore sundresses or bandana style thing. I’m a fashion designer and a stylist but when it comes to myself, I can’t decide and sometimes, I can’t even dress myself well. “You should change.” Yuri commented. I groaned and they eyed me. “You didn’t bring clothes?” They asked in unison. “I have but it’s in the car. I’ll get it.” I said and tread heavily out of the room. “Pool Parties.” I murmured as I lock my car. “What’s wrong with pool parties?” Siwon asked who just went out of his car. “Nothing” I faked a smile then walked to Sooyoung’s room to change.

                                                                    

“Lovely!” Yuri hollered. I look at my reflection at the mirror and smiled. I look pretty tonight. Credits to my friends who said that I should change and who did my hair and my mild make up. Actually, all of us are wearing make-up but just a light make-up of course. “Hyo and her fabulous ways.” Sooyoung mumbled. “Every time we doll each other up, she would really look even more breathtaking. She looks good with just a powder and tint. How much more with a small mascara and darker lipstick?” Taeyeon commented. “Stop this.” I said while standing up from my seat. I’m wearing a plain dark blue spaghetti jumpsuit which I designed almost a year ago. I wanted to include this to my collection but that time, my collection was for the winter so this would be pointless. “Let’s go downstairs, the party started an hour ago and soon, mom will leave with the other family members and then, the real party starts.” Sooyoung said. “Where will she stay then?”  said. “At my Aunt’s. They said they will plan for my cousin’s bridal shower.” Sooyoung replied. “I wonder who will be the first one who will have her bridal shower among us.” Yoona said. “Let’s make a deal. The last and first one will invite their childhood crush.” Seohyun grinned. “What if the so called ‘childhood crush’ is already married?” Sunny asked then we snorted. “Don’t worry, your crush won’t marry anyone yet.” We all answered which caused us to chorus while laughing. “I hate you.” Sunny mumbled and glared at us. “That’s a deal? Is everyone in?” Seohyun asked and we all answered yes. I wonder who will invite their childhood crush. The thought made me cringed. Who was my childhood crush again? I don’t have one! I mentally slapped myself. I’m sure I’m neither the first nor the last.

 

“Heechul!” I called my older brother who is standing by his friends. Because of that, I caught their attention and smiled at me. “Hello Hyoyeon!” They chorused. “It’s good to see you guys here.” I commented as I start walking to them. “Wow! It seems like you’re the one who’s celebrating the birthday.” My brother sarcastically remarked. I glared at him and greeted his friends who are laughing. “Have you seen the birthday boy?” Asked Sungmin. “I haven’t. Actually, the girls and I just came down.” I answered him. “Can I borrow my brother for a minute?” I asked the group of guys and gladly, they agreed. It’s not like they have a choice. I pulled my brother away from his friends. “I thought you won’t come here.” He said to me. “The girls said that I should.” I replied. “You look good. I’m sure someone is very happy tonight.” He said and eyed me. “What do you mean? Who?” I questioned. “Someone.” He smirked. I slapped him in the arm and thought about the reason why I pulled him away from his friends. “Uh, I know this is sudden but do I have a childhood crush back then? As far as I could remember, I think I don’t have.” I said with full of confidence. Heechul snorted and smiled at me. “I think you have. You just didn’t notice.” He answered and patted my shoulders. “I didn’t notice my own crush? That’s impossible.” I answered him. “I don’t want to talk to you.” He rolled his eyes and left me at the place where I was standing. “Hyoyeon?” Asked an oddly familiar voice. I turned around and saw Siwon with a white shirt and jeans looking as polished as ever even with casual clothes. “Hey” I greeted him. “Are you alright?” He asked me. “I’m fine.” I replied. “I have to go.” I said and went to find the girls.

 

It’s almost 3AM and the people are starting to leave. I’m just sitting here at the bench looking at my friends who are drinking near the pool. I lift my glass with me and entered the house then walked to the kitchen. I’m kind of dizzy because I’ve been drinking and thinking about the childhood crush thing which I don’t have. I spent my night thinking about it. Nothing else, just it. I notice a man’s figure enter the kitchen seconds after me. “Damn” I murmured. I was about to take a step as I slip and hit my back on the cold floor. I groaned and murmured under my breath which I can’t comprehend. I saw the figure hovered on top of me then carried me bridal style. “Where?” I asked, too tired to finish my sentence. “Room. You need some sleep.” The guy carrying me replied. “Siwon?” I asked when I realized that he sounded like Siwon. “It’s me. Sleep now Hyo.” He replied and I closed my eyes to oblige.

 

-The next day-

 

I jerked up as I realized that it’s already morning. I looked around and the room where I’m staying and realized that it’s Siwon. “Why am I here?” I asked myself as I try to remember the things that I did the night before. “Aw yeah, he carried me then I slept.” I mumbled. I went out of the bed and brush my hair through my hands. A sound of something hitting the mat at the floor caught my attention. Luckily there was a mat because with it, the thing that I think I dropped wont bounce and all at the shiny floor. The thing reached the mat and I saw a beautiful ring. Maybe this is one of the accessories that the girls to persuade me to use the other night. I picked up the ring and put in on my right middle finger. I shook my head because it didn’t fit. I tried to put the ring in my left middle finger but it also didn’t fit. There is a little space and I’m sure if I’ll put it here, it would just slip and I might lose it. The girls might get mad just because of this ring. This ring looks so beautiful just to be an accessory but I know my friends, they are so critique when it comes to these kind of things. Maybe I’m just lucky that they let me wore it. I heard a knock at the door and slowly, Siwon entered. “Oh, you’re awake.” He said and opened the door wider. “The girls are waiting for us downstairs to eat. Just go there first.” He said. “Uh, Okay.” I replied as I transfer the ring to the finger next to where I put it earlier. I went out of the room and walked downstairs.

 

I reached the end of the staircase and saw Minho standing there. He reached for my left hand and kissed the back of my palm while closing his eyes. He was about to give me my hand back when something caught his eyes in my hand. He transferred his gaze to me and looked at me with wide-wide eyes yet I only smiled at him. “I look horrible right? No worries.” I said while pointing at my face using my free hand then pulled my left hand from his grip and walked to the dining area. I enter my favorite place and saw the girls seating at the long table still wearing the clothes they wore last night. I took a glimpse of their faces and realized that they are just as tired as me. “Morning” I greeted them. “Where did you sleep?” Yoona questioned me but Siwon entered. “Let’s eat?” Siwon said as he entered the dining area then sat on the chair. We all started eating silently when Minho run towards me and hugged me. He broke the hug and went to sit next to Siwon. “What’s that for?” I asked Minho as I rub my temples with my left hand. “OH MY GOSH!” Sooyoung exclaimed loudly. She grabbed my hand and signaled me to stand up. Even though confused, I followed her. She checked my left hand and gasped loudly. Seohyun and Yuri who is at Sooyoung’s both sides sat up and stared at my ring. Together, they gasped. I withdrawed my hand and look at it. Oh the ring. I thought. “Ah, this-“ I didn’t finished what I was about to say because Sooyoung interrupted. “You’re getting married!” She announced happily. I look at her disapprovingly. “You and Siwon will get married!” Sooyoung restated her sentence. I instantly looked at Siwon as he jerked up from his seat. He ran to me and took my left hand. I also looked at it and at the same time, we faced each. “HOW?” We both exclaimed shock and confuse evidently portrayed by both of our eyes.

 

 

I pulled Siwon out off to the poolside. When we reached there, I stared at him figuring what to say. “How?” I cracked. “Uh, I thought one of the girls owned it and they lend it to me. So, I wore it.” I explained. “Where did you get that?” Siwon asked and sat on the chair which is nearest to him. “Well, when I woke up, I brushed my hair then from it, something fell and that was the ring.” I replied. “Is this yours?” I asked Siwon and he slowly looked up and nodded. “Can I borrow your hand for a second?” Siwon asked and then he reached for my hand. He held it tight and I just waited for him to say something. “What a beautiful scene to start my day.” I heard a voice at the veranda near us. Siwon sat up still holding my hand then we both look at the one who spoke. “Honey!” Siwon’s dad called his wife. After seconds, Siwon’s moms stand beside her husband. “Oh my!” She exclaimed then I glanced at Siwon whose grip in my hand tightened. I saw the couple walk towards us with smile on their faces. “So, you guys finally decided to settle down.” Commented Siwon’s dad. “I’m so happy for you. I hope you’ll have a happy married life and please don’t disappoint us. We want grandchildren running around the house soon.” My eyes widen as I heard what Siwon’s mom said. “Auntie, it’s not like what you think.” I said and looked at Siwon for help. “Everything is just a misunderstand-“ Siwon was cut off by his Dad. “No need to deny it guys. Siwon, don’t be stressed because I know Hyoyeon’s dad is fine with it.” He said. “Right! I’ll call Hyo’s mom later then we’ll plan about your wedding!” Siwon’s mom agreed. “No need Auntie. Uh, Siwon and I need to clarify some things first.” I finally spoke. “So, you’ll cancel the wedding?” Siwon’s mom asked with eyes fueled with disappointment. “No, uh yes we will. Well no. Uh we really need to talk.  Mom and Dad, please excuse us.” Siwon said struggling.

 

He pulled me to enter the house again and I think we’re heading to his room. When we reached his room, I sat on the couch and he sat at the end of his bed. Right now, we’re facing each other. “What will we do now?” I asked him and groaned. “I don’t know.” He answered. “You’re the CEO here. You decide.” I said. Honestly, I don’t know what to do right now. “I know this is stubborn but let’s get married then. I need a wife and you also need a husband.” He said. “Who told you need one?” I barked at him. “Well, I heard it from Heechul. He said that your Mom has been bugging you to marry soon.” He answered me. “What? But yes, that’s true.” I replied. “You need a wife? For?” I questioned him. “What for? Uh, well you see, I. . .” I rolled my eyes. “You’re stuttering” I commented. “My apologies.” He replied. “So, what do we do now?” I asked him to divert to the main reason why we are here right now. “Well, I’ll think about it. I mean, let’s think about it.” He answered. “Okay, but why is this in my hair?” I asked him. “As you could remember, I was the one who carried you here when you slipped downstairs. You we’re drunk that time.” He replied and I nodded slowly. “So, why is this in my hair?” I asked him. “The night before, I was wearing that. I think your hair was the reason or it slipped when I was laying you down.” He replied. Though I’m not that convinced, I just shrugged. I was about to remove the ring when he stopped me. “Why?” I blurted out. “Your girlfriend might see me wearing this.” I added. “I don’t have one.” He replied and looked at my hand. “Don’t remove it. Please.” He said in a pleading voice. “Uh, okay” I replied. “If you don’t have a girlfriend, why did you buy a wedding ring?” I suddenly asked him out of curiosity. “I bought that 3 years ago.” He answered me while looking down at my hand. Is that sadness or I’m just overthinking. “For whom?” I asked. “For the girl I love the most.” He replied. “Love? You should give it to her then.” I said and look at my wrist watch. “Damn. I have to go. Tell everyone that I already left. Let’s talk about this some other time.” I said while standing up. “Okay. Where should I visit you?” Siwon asked me. “I don’t know. Just call me if you’re free.” I said. “Keep the ring. Take care of it.” Siwon said and looked at me. “Are you sure? You can propose to your girl now. It would be a shame if she’ll see me wearing this.” I said while glancing at the ring. “I’ll just call you and tell you when we will meet. Is it okay if I’ll visit you at your office?”  He asked me. “Actually, I won’t go there for a week. I’ll just stay at home. I asked my secretary to file a leave for me. I want to rest because there will be a new collection by next month and by then, I’ll be very busy.” I said. “So, I’ll visit you at your house? Heechul might kill me if he hears the engagement thing.” Siwon said and opened the door for me. “Don’t think about him. Let’s think about the mess we are in.” I said and started walking. “It’s not a mess.” He said from behind. “I’m sorry. A misunderstanding.” I restated what I said. Clearly it wasn’t a mess but this is a huge thing. I don’t know how to face Siwon’s parents if they’ll know the truth behind all of his.