Chapter 4

TO HIM WHOM I DIDN’T NOTICE

Chapter 4

 

HYOYEON'S POV

 

 

It has been a week since I started wearing this enormous diamond ring in my hand. Siwon and I haven’t seen nor talk to each other since then. I just stayed here in my condo and if I need to grab something, that’s the time when I’ll go out. I distanced myself from the girls and even to my brother. My mom visited me here the other day and I acted like I was sick though I really wasn’t. She told me that she already knew about my engagement with Siwon. I didn’t answer all her questions. I only said that I can’t tell her anything and the thing is I don’t have anything to say. I heard my phone ringing so I picked it up from the table. Why is he calling me? I asked myself. “Right, the ring.” I said to myself. “Yes?” I answered Siwon on the other line. “Hello. Where are you?” He asked me. “I’m in my condo.” I answered him. “Is it okay if I’ll drop by there?” He asked in a hoarse voice. “Let’s just meet outside.” I replied. It’s not like I don’t want him here but I need to be cautious. Heechul, my mom or any of the girls might gate crash while Siwon is here. I don’t want them to think that we are really an item. “Uh, Okay. I’ll reserve a dinner for us.”  He said. “No, can we just meet at a park or somewhere?” I asked him to keep away from fancy restaurants. “You don’t want to eat at your favorite restaurant?” He asked me. “Let’s eat at a fast food. I really want to it at a fast food near a park but I can’t because I’m alone so, you’ll accompany me there. One more thing, don’t wear your Armani suit when you go there.” I replied. “Alright.” Siwon answered shortly. “Where are you already? So, let’s go?” I asked him. “What? It’s still 4 in the afternoon. It’s too early and the public might recognize us.” Complained a CEO of a huge company. “What time do you want then? 3AM?” I asked full of sarcasm. “Fine but let’s meet by 5. Is it alright? I need to change. You said I can’t wear my suit there.” I heard Siwon chuckled on the other line. “Okay, I’ll send you the address of the place then we’ll meet there. Don’t be late.” I said. “I know” He replied slyly. “Bye.” I said and ended the call. Was I rude? I asked myself yet shrugged.

 

“Where are you?” I asked Siwon over the phone. “I’m in the parking lot near the car.” He answered. “I’ll be waiting for you here in the fast food restaurant then.” I replied. “Okay, I think I know where to go.” I looked around the restaurant and saw that there weren’t much people. “Bye” I replied and waited for him to hung up but he didn’t. After seconds, I spoke. “Siwon?” I called. “Yes?” He asked. “Why don’t you end the call?” I asked him due to the guilt I felt. “Say something.” I commented. “Are you hungry already?” He blurted out. “YES.” I answered truthfully. “That’s why you’re rushing me.” He uttered. “I’m not rushing you” I defended myself. “I’ll hang up.” I declared and dropped the call. I went to the counter and ordered something for me and Siwon. After I ordered, the cashier said that I need to wait for a few minutes so I went back to the table. I sat there silently waiting for the food that I’ve been craving for almost a week and waiting for the turtle also known as Siwon.

 

“Hey” I heard a voice so I looked up. Finally, he’s here. “Sit” I uttered and glanced at the counter to check if the food is coming already. “I guess the food isn’t ready yet.” I said as I face him. I noticed that he is only wearing jeans and a black shirt. “What do you want?” I asked him. “I though you ordered already.” Siwon replied with furrowed brows. “I did but in case you won’t like what I’ve ordered for you.” I answered and glanced at the counter again. “It would be fine” Siwon said as he pulls something from his pocket. I wasn’t interested of what he was doing so I checked my phone for any updates from my secretary or whatsoever but my phone’s battery is drained so I put it back to my pocket. I was about to stand up to check on our food when I saw a waiter on his way to me. “Oh Gosh, that was long.” I said as I sat back to my seat and the waiter put the food in the table. “We’re sorry Miss. There is just a birthday party upstairs and we lost track with the costumers here and the ongoing party upstairs. The mother of the child kept on adding orders because the guests were more than expected to be.” The waiter answered heartily. I smiled at him and glanced at Siwon for a second then back to the waiter. “It’s okay, because my brother here also arrived late.” I answered the waiter then he went back to where he came from. “Brother? Seriously?” Siwon reacted. “Just eat.” I said as I shoved fries into his mouth. He was opting to throw it out of his mouth but I stopped him. “Swallow it.” I said while pointing at him. His eyes widen and slyly nodded. “So. . . “ Siwon started after he was done with the fries. “Eat first then we’ll talk about that later.” I replied and started eating. I know where he is up to and I don’t want to think so much when I’m eating. “I was really right. The food here is great!” I exclaimed to myself. “You’re still a kid.” Siwon commented whit a smirk. “Eat.” I barked at Siwon. I know he’s joking but I’d like to see him eat. I heard from my secretary that he has been doing very well in his company and that he really spends time at his office doing stuffs. She also said that he barely eat at lunch. Thanks to my secretary’s brother who is also Siwon’s secretary. I continued eating my lovely food while glancing up to Siwon every other time. “I heard you won’t eat lunch.” I blurted out. He stared at me for seconds then spoke. “Yeah, I’ve been busy.” He replied wiping his mouth after he sipped his drink. “Busy for what?” I questioned and handed him a tissue. “For the wedding.” I put my chicken back to my plate as I heard his answer. I shot him a questioning look. “Well, uh, Hyo, I’m planning for a wedding. Actually, we’ve been planning for the wedding. I mean, our moms have been planning for the wedding.” He replied while stuttering. “Why did you agree?” I asked him with wide eyes. “They didn’t ask for my opinion.” He said as he sat up. He turned to me and pulled me up.

 

“You should have stopped them.” I said when we stepped outside the fast food. “I did but they said they’re waiting for you to stop.” He replied beside me. We are currently walking off to the park. “When did they say that?” I questioned as I spotted a bench. “Yesterday.” He replied shortly. “Why didn’t you contact me yesterday?” I asked as I face him while sitting at the bench. “I did but I couldn’t reach you.” I looked at him weirdly. “Really? My phone is alive and well yesterday.” I answered. “But I couldn’t.” He said. “Enough with that.” I declared. “We should cancel the wedding immediately.” I said as I reach for his shoulders. “What? Cancel the wedding?” He asked as me and I nodded with a grin. “How? But it was already publicized.” He said and my eyes grew to its widest. I sat up and faced him. “WHAT?” I exclaimed. “What do you mean?” I questioned. “I know you’re not deaf yet and I know I made it all clear.” He answered. “Of course I understand but why did they do that?” I asked. “I never thought our moms could do that to us.” I mumbled. “They didn’t because Heechul did.” He answered and saw a grim expression on his face. I know he’s not fund with what his friend did. “Your friend is an !” I yelled. “He really is. I thought your brother would be one of those people who’ll contradict to it.” He said. “Actually, he once said that everyone is both on our sides. What does that mean?” I said with a voice mixed with emotions. I don’t know what I’m feeling right now but I’m a hundred and one sure that I’m not happy with what my brother did. “I don’t know either.” He mumbled. “Siwon, we need to explain everything to them.” I concluded. “We really need to do that.” He said and a question popped into my mind. “Why did you buy a ring 3 years ago by the way?” I asked him and he looked down. What’s wrong? Did I say something wrong? “Okay, I won’t ask.” Siwon looked up and looked at me with confusion. “Back the day when this thing started. Why did Sooyoung immediately knew that the ring is yours?” I asked him. “Apparently, they know that I own that.” He replied so I shot him a look. “Then they do also know who is supposed to wear this?” I questioned. “Nope.” He replied right away. “What do you mean no? What’s the purpose of buying a ring if you don’t have someone with you?” I snarled. “Hyo, I bought that 3 years ago because I’ve been waiting for this person for a long time now.” He explained seriously. “Stop waiting and give it to her or else find someone new.” I replied then sighed.

 

I looked at the atmosphere that surrounds us. It’s so beautiful and its helping me with the situation I am involved right now. In a little way, it brightens my mood a bit. I personally don’t want to get tied. I don’t want to settle down because it feels like it’s not the time. I hope this guy beside me would conquer his fears and face the girl that he’s been waiting for a long time. If that certain girl won’t accept him, then he should find another girl. That’s simple. Siwon is a great man. He’s wealthy, has a great attitude and everything nice. I’ve known him long ago but I didn’t really paid attention to him. I treated him the best way I could but honestly, it seems like he was just a wall flower. If I need him he’s there, if he needs me I’m there but most of the time, he would just be there, standing near us, sharing a table with us, laughing with us and all. We don’t really talk to each other and as what I’ve said, I don’t really pay attention to him and I’m sure that’s what he also does.

 

“Or else I can help you with her.” I said. I’m willing to help him with his girl. I want him to find his happiness and not to get stuck with me. I’m sure he dreamt of having a wedding with the girl he loves and I don’t want to spoil that. I admit I haven’t thought about my wedding but I’ll be also glad if I’ll marry someone I’ve wished for. “You can’t.” Siwon answered me. “Is she really a private person?” I asked him. I’m quite popular I hope it can help. “You know I can get along with different kinds of person.” I added. “She can.” He replied slyly. “Then we can be friends.” I concluded. The girl seems like a good person as what he said. “How long have you known her?” I asked him. “I don’t know how long it has been really.” He replied. “Then you should go to her and confess. You’re like a high school kid.” I rolled my eyes. “I can’t do that. She seems to be very happy without me.” He said with a bitter smile. “So she has a boyfriend already?” I questioned. “I don’t know exactly but someone close to me which is also close to her and she said that she doesn’t have one.” Siwon said without looking at me. I observe his expression and something which I can’t read is in it. “Then you have a huge chance to win her heart!” I said in a lively tone. Siwon glanced at me and smiled. “I’ll win her heart.” He concluded. “Need some hand?” I offered. “No, I’ll do it on my own.” Siwon said. “I’ll drive you home?” He asked me as he sat up. “Okay” I replied. I didn’t bring my car here and it’s dark already. I don’t want to ride a cab at this time of the day.

 

“The ring is so beautiful Siwon.” I gave him a compliment. “You really did a great job on choosing this ring.” I added. “Well thank you then.” Siwon replied as he starts driving. “Here.” I uttered as I start to remove the ring in my hand. While I’m doing it, I felt a small pang in my chest and I don’t know why. “Don’t remove it.” Siwon stopped me before I could fully remove it away from my finger. I stop halfway and asked him. “Why? I thought you’ll give this to your girl?” I asked him. “I said I’ll win her.” Siwon countered. “I don’t understand you.” I confessed and glanced at him. “Just wear it.” He said after he groaned.